2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then I'm starting the insanity, lean and mean ftw!

i am thinking of starting insanity again.... just need to finish my mcdonalds first..... i think i will def start it again i just want to start running a little first and get my cardio back up a little before starting so i don't hurt anything.

I'm going to do 3 days if insanity and 2 gym or cardio days a week. Started yesterday with an insanity workout.

I officially started my workouts today.....I have the old school P90...not the X version...haha...I bought them years ago and I don't think I made it past day 3 or 4.

But this time it will be different...I made it through Day 1, although there were some things I couldn't do...but I did as the DVD said and did what I could...I am gonna be sore tomorrow..haha

I also started a diet and cut out all sodas (mountain dew is my kyrptonite)....drank nothing but water with MIO in it today.

Great work Tim! Been there and done that with P90 and yes it certainly works when you give it your all. By far the best I have ever looked & been in shape is when I was religious with P90x. Saw a pic of me the other day and wished I still looked like that. Hard to get back on track once you fall off.

I have succumbed to the fact that I will not have the definition I had back then and have moved my focus to yoga (keeps my back healthy), moderate weights, and of course running. Next big official run for me is the Cowtown half marathon on 2/24.

looks like everyone is following right along schedule to start the new year. good on you guys...

as with others, i too officially started what i call my "workout" yesterday.
started off with a lot of golf oriented stretching exercises and ended up with some core, arms, and ab work.
next month i may switch it up just a bit, and try to incorporate some of the Nike Golf 360 app workouts into my plan.
3 times per week.

the other 3 to 4 days i officiate basketball and starting tomorrow, i'm hoping to get back into playing some rec-basketball as well.

the month of January is going to beat me to death...but it will feel good.

Weight lose

Weight lose

Anyone else trying to lose weight? We can post our goals and aims in here and try to spur each other on.

I was 13 1/2 stone 2 weeks ago my weight In tonight is 1/2 lose down to 13 stone :)

We have a really good thread. And an even better coacj. Wicked Cool Bearded Man has been cheerleading and directing us towards our goals.

No worries buddy. I will close this one up and you can jump in and join us in the other one. Its a fun thread.

decided to lose weight and get fit this year, I was 11 stone when i met my wife 8 years ago and very athletic. Im now 13 stone I was 13 1/2 stone 2 weeks ago but i have been on the crosstrainer for 20-30 minutes daily, followed up with 30-20-10 st ups and arch rocks then finished off with some core streching and shoulder streching for increased backswing.

My aim is 11 stone and my 6 pack back!!!!

P.s if anyone has any flexability issues im a gymnast coach and could probally help with some good exercises for certain areas.

Anyone else trying to lose weight? We can post our goals and aims in here and try to spur each other on.

I was 13 1/2 stone 2 weeks ago my weight In tonight is 1/2 lose down to 13 stone :)

I am planning on it, and it will complete a full circle for me- I will explain! When I was in my teens and twenties, I was thin, especially so in my high school years. I decided that enough was enough. I was a personal trainer, and started heavy lifting, and got into some power lifting etc. Basically, I worked my a$$ off to get as big & strong as I have. I am now 5'11 and 242#, although most people do not know I weigh that much - it's not like I am a big bellied fat guy, but there is definitely some excess baggage to lose!. But when it comes down to your joints, weight is weight, and it takes a toll. Now, with time constraints of a blended family , and being 46, those days have come to an end. It is just too hard on the joints, and they have let me know! Plus, it's not condusive to golf, at least for me. So, I told my wife that by April, I will be under 200#. She actually doesn't want me to do that, but she understands how it affects me. At one point a few years ago, I lost 30# in 7 weeks, so I know I can do it. And posting it here makes me even more accountable. I plan on a lot of cycling since this foot problem is still a nuisance, and doing some TRX, yoga and Kettlebell work to maintain some muscle and increase my flexibility. Probably a lot of medicine / stability ball / stretch band work as well. I like to mix it up and use a few different modalities. I have some low back issues I have to work around, so mixing training up and finding the things that don't irritate those problem spots is a key for me. I will see my chiro a little more as well, and treat myself to a few more deep tissue and myo-fascial massages. I look at everything in life as a challenge, and I'm looking forward to this one

And somehow I have to find a bit of time to work on the old golf game!

For everyone taking this leap & jumping in, stick with it! And as Michael Breed is fond of saying "Let's do this!"

Not me anymore. I lost all the weight I wanted to. I am at 169 pounds, 6 feet tall. I want to tighten things up, however... especially my stubborn areas. Also got to get my girly legs a bit more umph to them.

So in need of getting some work out...my flu three weeks back almost gave up...but has been on / off for the whole time...clogged every morning, head aches and nausea...sick of it. But easy comes, small steps and taking it slow to get the flu the heck out of my system and the it's on. Insanity program ready to go, gym card in my pocket and TPI mobility program printed. I'm set. Wait...I'll have to sneeze. Darn.

I'm working on the weight loss too. Starting with eating better. The exercise will come.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds. Basic exercise and eating better

I am turning my exercises from mostly plyometrics and cardio to mostly weights. I'm thinking 4+ days a week will help me tone and add some muscle mass.

Questions for everyone, obviously WCBM too. Creatine? Yes, no, why? Also, supplements/shakes for before/after workouts? I really want to get the most out of my workouts but I want to be smart about it too.

my goal this year is to lose 22 lbs i already am down 10 started before christmas. since i lost half of my weight so quick without really starting to exercise that much, i want to try to lose the rest of my weight and maybe a little more and start bulking up muscle wise again. i did this before when i was getting in shape for the police academy and it worked really well for me. i just want to be in better shape and since the weight is coming off so easy i figured this is the time to do it again. pretty excited to start doing insanity or p90x again really got me in good shape before.

my goal this year is to lose 22 lbs i already am down 10 started before christmas. since i lost half of my weight so quick without really starting to exercise that much, i want to try to lose the rest of my weight and maybe a little more and start bulking up muscle wise again. i did this before when i was getting in shape for the police academy and it worked really well for me. i just want to be in better shape and since the weight is coming off so easy i figured this is the time to do it again. pretty excited to start doing insanity or p90x again really got me in good shape before.

Great job so far Buck.

Way to go Buck

Im not too sore after day 1 of the insanity, starting tomorrow Im going to get up early and do it, so tonight Im going to try something else to hold me over

Good night session

1a bent over dumbbell raises 3x8
1b dumbbell hammer curls 3x8
2a assisted pull ups 3x8
2b wide hands push-up 4x10
3a dumbbell step ups 4x6
3b decline push-up 4x12
4 Weighted side planks 3x12
20 minutes interval training on the elliptical
5 minutes in the sauna

I have decided it is FINALLY time to end all the excuses and strongly commit to lose some weight. This is going to be very difficult for me cause I love food but it is something I need to do for my future. I am in "perfect health" medically according to my doctor but I know that as I get older, carrying around the extra weight is just not a good thing. When I tried this before ( and have a few times) I used a very cool app called MyFitnessPal on my computer and cell phone to track my food intake and exercise. I know Puttin4bird and nerfny have used it as well and I wanted to post this here in case 1) there are other THPers that I do not know are already there or 2) if anyone is looking for a nice simple way to track all information about diet and exercise. You can have friends there who can leave you messages and support you and Jake has been there for me a few times in the past which I greatly appreciate. If interested, my id there is Whiterhino31

I stumbled up on this golf related indoor workout, I think I'll try some of it this winter. Seems easy enough:
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-inst...g/2012/11/fitness-friday-homebound-worko.html

it's amazing what simple stuff will do...

i'm rolling this out, 3 times a week: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2009-02/coreworkout#slide=1

it's not intense or anything, but my body can already tell i'm stretching muscles that haven't been used in awhile...feels good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back