What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a such thing as a promising 46/47 = 93 with 34 putts and 4 lost balls, today was it. The greens were bumpy and sandy so putting was a joke and I had a couple of questionable lost balls, but the other causes of the score were a) crap chipping and b) not knowing my new numbers and shapes with these new irons. But once I get used to the numbers and commit to my draw, the irons are going to be filthy, because I've gained some serious distance. I airmailed a green from 130 uphill by 10-15 yards with a freaking 9 iron...holy crap!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Played with Skibumgolfer this morning and posted a 39/39 78. I birdied the first hole with a kick-in, then double bogeyed both #2 and #3 before shooting +3 over the next 15 holes whilst playing quite 'average'. Couldn't get any putts to drop on the aerated greens, and a couple 3 putts made me want to scream.

Played with Skibumgolfer this morning and posted a 39/39 78. I birdied the first hole with a kick-in, then double bogeyed both #2 and #3 before shooting +3 over the next 15 holes whilst playing quite 'average'. Couldn't get any putts to drop on the aerated greens, and a couple 3 putts made me want to scream.
I felt like Billy Horschel at Chambers :banghead:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Shot 40/38 at winterstone. Aerrated greens and 30 mph winds i will take it and run!

Started logging my scores for handicap in 2012. Just posted my worst score since I started posting. What a surreal day, not in the way surreal is typically used. Wow

The struggle was real today buddy, Balls have a mind of there own sometimes and playing in gail force winds really sucked as well and I stunk it up just a little worse than you did by shooting a 54 on the front nine .

73 with a bogey, bogey finish but until 17 my ball striking was great. I've got a good buddy coming into town Wednesday who I've played about 700 rounds with. We will be playing 36 a day for 4 days straight so I have no excuse not to be in mid season form in another week.

Again another round where I didn't play consistently...eventhough my score was. 44/44 No birdies, few doubles sprinkled with a few pars. My putter wasn't working today except for long lag putts.

Going to the range this week to work on my swing.

Myself, Paladin and Tanker shot a -10 at a Charity Scramble today and still managed to lose by 5 strokes.

49/45 for a 94. In wet and windy conditions. Driver was off but I'm improving. A fun day out at my home course.

40/45 for 85. The back nine I started even par thru 4, then blew up 9 over on the last 5 holes!!! :banghead: Really felt like today was going to be the day to break 80, just totally lost it on the last 5 holes. :bad:

Shot 39/41-80 for tye first round of the year at my home track. Was a schizophrenic round to say the least, with 4 birdies, 6 bogeys, and 3 doubles. Definitely didnt have my swing today but the wedge work I did this week really paid off with those 4 birdies. The game is loose for me right in now but I see it tightening up in very short order. Golf season is finally here!

Played kings links in Delta. It felt like we were playing at St Andrews! Wind gusts were over 25 mph. Eneded up with 94 (51-43).. 3 triple bogeys and two birdies. 37 putts and longest drive of 290 yards.

I've never played greens as fast as those. It was really an eye opener. The first 9 was very frustrating.. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played kings links in Delta. It felt like we were playing at St Andrews! Wind gusts were over 25 mph. Eneded up with 94 (51-43).. 3 triple bogeys and two birdies. 37 putts and longest drive of 290 yards.

I've never played greens as fast as those. It was really an eye opener. The first 9 was very frustrating.. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That course - when the wind is up - borders on not fun. It's brutal when the wind is gusting.

42/39 for an 81. A triple on #7 (my 16th hole) cost me a chance at breaking 80.

86 today on a new to me course. Pretty happy with it, but as always, could have been better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First proper round of the year this morning and I shot a surprisingly good score of 41/42=83 for a nett 69 and 3 under par. This included 3 double bogeys so I was very happy with how it went

The ground was prettty damp after the rain yesterday so there was the occasional shot where the club almost went right under the ball and took nice big divots

There were good shots, bad shots but it was great to be back out on the course although I may suffer for it tomorrow as we have been doing some work in the garden this afternoon as well...

Not sure if I will be able to play next weekend so the next round could be at The Belfry in 11 days time

92 yesterday....48/44...started with 6 mostly bad holes then 6 pars then 6 mostly bad holes...followed up the 6 pars in a row with two effing triples in a row (one par 5, one par 3). Also had a 9! Ugh. So tired of hitting my driver right. I'm happy I had a birdie, hit some great iron shots, and smashed my driver 280+ once.

39-39 for 78. Brutal winds at 30 steady and gusts to 50. 38° felt like 20° 3-4 club winds.

39-39 for 78. Brutal winds at 30 steady and gusts to 50. 38° felt like 20° 3-4 club winds.

Helluva a score in those conditions!

41/50 for 91. Starting to hit it a little better but had some bad shots that cost me on the back. Had a couple of 3 putts and a 4 putt on the back.

30 miles an hour winds and going thru swing change and shot a nice 90 I am starting to trust swing more and it's showing

First round of the year, first since last Halloween, and windier than forecast - out to my old home course with my best golf buddy from years ago, here in town for his annual stint as a Masters volunteer. The driver was fine, 11/14 fairways hit, but the legs didn't want to co-operate in my iron swings, and I only hit 5/18 greens from mostly great positions. Then, I at least scrambled decently, but the final tally was 42-39--81, w/ 29 putts. My buddy shot 73, so he wore me out, but what a great day of golf.

41/37 at the home course. Played from the whites as thats what everyone else was playing.

Played in a scramble today, we shot a 7 under 65, got 1st place in the 2nd flight. We managed that placing on a tie breaking hole, we birdied the #1 handicap hole. :bananadance:

44/44 - 88. My best round of the year. Finally starting to hit my driver like I did last year. All the practice I've been putting in is paying off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back