rbarthle17

One-length advocate
Reaction score
Handicap
cold rain
Just upgraded my irons today!

I've had so much success switching to the Idea a12 OS hybrids replacing my 3i-6i, I decided to look at going to a full a12 OS set.

I brought in my RAZR X iron set, and got $200 for the trade in. The a12 OS steel set is down to $299 at Golf Galaxy. That makes the price point well within my range.

Working on the launch monitors, I tried all the irons (7i-GW) to make sure I hit all of them well. I compared each one to the RAZR X to see the difference. On average, each Adams club outhit the RAZR X by 10+ yards, and the dispersion of the Adams was less than the RAZRs too!

The monitors had me hitting close to what I get on course for the RAZRs, so assuming that accuracy translates over, I am now hitting as far or further using my toned down 3/4 swing with the Adams as I used to hit swinging full out with the RAZRs! (175 for a 7i, GW was 100, and the gaps were about 15 yards between clubs) Very excited to see if that ends up being the case on the course! But I found the Adams a lot easier to hit on the first try than the clubs I'd been swinging for 2 years. That alone is a plus.

I had to add a sand wedge, and went with the Cleveland Smart Sole S I tried out last week and had been eyeing.

And it's not over yet! I'll sell the extra 4h, 5h, and 6h on eBay, and should recoup all or more of the difference I paid. Upgrading and maybe getting paid for it? I think I can deal with that. :D

Sounds like a heck of a deal, good luck selling the other clubs as well. Enjoy the new sticks!

It is an awesome set.

Nice set rbarthle17, congrats.

That's a great deal, nicely done. I've yet to come across a shop in New Zealand that does trade ins?

Sounds like a great and you just got longer. Can't argue with that.

Thats a good deal. Glad you got some clubs you like and that will help you play better!

Great deal and excellent set!

Congrats on the upgrade.! Hope they work well for you.

Congratulations on the new set. Hopefully you'll have lots of low rounds with them.

Back