Grandura Shafts Review Thread

Can't remember exactly the set-up that you had in Savannah with the GBB, but if this was it, I agree 1000% and still think daily about how great that set-up felt!

Yes sir it is.

Can't remember exactly the set-up that you had in Savannah with the GBB, but if this was it, I agree 1000% and still think daily about how great that set-up felt!

When I swung it I think it had the low launching shaft in it. But I know the shaft got swapped out at least once. Did love the few swings I had with it though.

Wow those are some impressive looking shafts. So clean and good looking. I can't wait to hear some more feedback on them.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir it is.

:in-love: with that combo and hope I get the opportunity to hit it again at Disney!

Looking forward to hearing all the feedback on these shafts!

Sooooooooo, its time to get this thing started!

Waiting for me yesterday evening when I got home was a pretty sweet box from Grandura and enclosed in it was the shaft I've been paired to for this testing...the Grandura 590.

The 590 is the lightest offering and in the stiff flex it is labeled as being 57g, coming from my LZ50 Handcrafted this is very much a weight I'm comfortable with. Moreso, I believe this is classed as a mid-launch and mid-spin shaft which will be fun. Its being paired with my Great Big Bertha 10.5 head and is setup to play at my preferred 46" which should provide for some really fun testing.

For those curious, a little about my swing, I'm a 107 range guy with the driver in hand and definitely have an aggressive move.

Without further ado though? The Grandura 590...

DSC_0183-X2.jpg

I really, REALLY like those subtle lines.

I really, REALLY like those subtle lines.
Yep, agreed, nice accents that still look clean and not too busy. The all matte finish is always a good decision on driver shafts too imo.

The graphics remind me of something from when I was a kid, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I love that THP is in on the ground floor of these. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback and wishing Grandura great success!

Wow those shafts look good! I will be frequenting this thread for sure! Great pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny that there are a lot of graphics on the shafts but they don't look busy or distracting if that makes sense. Just very cleanly done. I like that.

Very very solid looking shafts. I'm anxious to hear the feedback from all the testers/reviewers but I think Mike and I will most closely align with the shafts we currently use. It'll be great to see some of these in action at the Disney event next month.

I have zero preconceived notions with this one and I like it.

I'm probably not as versed as some of the other testers when it comes to shafts and the technical side, but I know what I like to see & feel from my driver shaft and that's where my thoughts will come from. I'll share some baseline numbers that work FOR ME, but really want to stay away from numbers and look at it from a different perspective to provide the best feedback I can. As always any questions are welcomed to help explain or further my thoughts.

I'm really anxious to get this one out there because the main thing that sticks in the back of my mind is that Grandura also has knowledge on the driver head side & they've taken that into consideration when building these shafts. I'm hopeful my current gamer was taken into consideration and paired accordingly.

FINALLY, headed to the course after work today to put this one to work.

Really curious about a lot of things but for the first outing my big focus is going to be on stability and feel through the swing. Yes, I'll keep a keen eye on ball flight and such, but I'm most curious about the tactile things initially.

Awesome! So excited to get some info on these finally. Hoping mine will arrive soon

i literally can't get enough of the pics of this shaft. freaking gorgeous!

nice pics Joe, so when you getting out?

Will be hitting some balls tomorrow and at least one other day this week

Playing 18-36 this weekend.

Just re-gripped and currently drying. Heading out to the back yard to take some initial swings as soon as it dries. I will have some very early thoughts this evening.

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! :banana:

590 (the highest launching), 71g per the graphics on the shaft, and TS flex (assuming Tour Stiff) per the graphics on the shaft. Interestingly, their website (which appears to have launched), lists max weight as 58 grams for the X flex. This puppy is billed as Mid/Mid. I'm actually going to head to my fitter right now for a re-grip, and maybe even to hit some balls on the Flight Scope.

590 (the highest launching), 71g per the graphics on the shaft, and TS flex (assuming Tour Stiff) per the graphics on the shaft. Interestingly, their website (which appears to have launched), lists max weight as 58 grams for the X flex. This puppy is billed as Mid/Mid. I'm actually going to head to my fitter right now for a re-grip, and maybe even to hit some balls on the Flight Scope.

Awesome stuff - the website still says coming soon for me!

Edit: Alright now I can see it!

very nice. Looking forward to some pics and your initial thoughts on it after some swings.

Yes! Love that this is kicking off.

About the 550 Shaft:

http://www.granduragolf.com/browse/golf-shafts/550/

The 550 golf shaft is designed for a player that prefers to use a lower-lofted driver but is looking for a slightly higher launch and mid-spin which will yield a flat flight to optimize distance. The 550 is the second of three shafts we have with red color designation to represent the mid-launch characteristics.

-KXQlbLD1wB6kIcaWixhtoh2VfUGZRjxC0GIVYEVn50G=w612-h407-no

lol so much for going in to testing without knowing what the shaft is target for

lol so much for going in to testing without knowing what the shaft is target for

Well we already knew what the general characteristics of each color were going to be, so at this point a little more information can't hurt.

Knowing what I do now, I don't see anything that will change how I go about feeling it out. It is still a blank slate as far as I am concerned.

Back