Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting of y'all to be discussing this.

I played with my pro today and brought up the day we played, and told him a little about THP. He's a great guy, and he said anytime we want to get together at Gordon Lakes, he would be glad to set us up with a nice deal. I told him GLGC might be a good central location for the THP'ers from SC and GA to meet for an outing. I also told him with the national THP get-together coming up in early May, we might try to put something together later, but he said any time.

That is cool of him Steve, maybe we should start shooting for something in mid June as quite a few of us are heading down to Orlando in May.

We just got a tractor trailer load of turf in today and they started on hole #18. It will be a totally different looking golf course this summer as we also received $400,000.00 + dollars for a new sprinkler system and additional turf for fixing our golf course. It really should shock those that have played the goat track once these improvements are implemented.

Just a few pics of the work started today on hole number 18 which had a clay wall on the left side of the green which will be all turf once it is completed.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

The goat track is on the way to being the sheep pasture!

Very nice Gray! Can't wait to see it next month.

Can't wait.

Very nice Gray! Can't wait to see it next month.

They took a bulldozer to #18 and leveled out on that crap coming down on the left side from the tee box. All the drainage ditches etc. are now level and smooth. Turf to added to those areas as well as up #17 fairway.

They took a bulldozer to #18 and leveled out on that crap coming down on the left side from the tee box. All the drainage ditches etc. are now level and smooth. Turf to added to those areas as well as up #17 fairway.

You mean our drives won't roll halfway back down 17 now? I guess it is time for a new strategy on that hole. :golf2:

Wow! That is amazing OG! I can't wait to come back when this stuff has taken hold!

You mean our drives won't roll halfway back down 17 now? I guess it is time for a new strategy on that hole. :golf2:

Well if you power that Cleveland Black up the right hand side of #17 now you should be just fine. A big old hook will still pull you down the left side if you get too frisky.

Wow! That is amazing OG! I can't wait to come back when this stuff has taken hold!

You really will be amazed Seth. I can't wait for you to come down again buddy and see all the changes!

Well if you power that Cleveland Black up the right hand side of #17 now you should be just fine. A big old hook will still pull you down the left side if you get too frisky.

You really will be amazed Seth. I can't wait for you to come down again buddy and see all the changes!

I am actually going to be close to that way for a customer. I may just take a day and stop by!

I am actually going to be close to that way for a customer. I may just take a day and stop by!

And spend the night with us of course!

Wow so happy the goat track gonna upgrade to a pasture. I really think that course can be great with a little water sprinkled on it. Can't wait to come back and play it!

I could see that it had been scraped when I went by Sunday on my way to Macon, that is going to really help #18. I am excited for you buddy, yep the Sheep Pasture is off and running.

Wow so happy the goat track gonna upgrade to a pasture. I really think that course can be great with a little water sprinkled on it. Can't wait to come back and play it!

We can't wait for you to come back and play the sheep pasture! :D

I could see that it had been scraped when I went by Sunday on my way to Macon, that is going to really help #18. I am excited for you buddy, yep the Sheep Pasture is off and running.

We need to get together one day this week like today around 11:00 so you can see the changes in person. Heading to the gym this morning for an hour or so and then back home to clean up and hit the course.

We can't wait for you to come back and play the sheep pasture! :D

We need to get together one day this week like today around 11:00 so you can see the changes in person. Heading to the gym this morning for an hour or so and then back home to clean up and hit the course.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I'm sore from my workout yesterday Dawg as I am stepping up my strength training to be ready for the outing. If we play a bit tight from out gym time, no sweat because we will enjoy the beautiful day!

Gotcha buddy, I will see you in a little while.

Exciting things happening to the goat track. Hope to tee it up there sometime with you guys.:golf:

Exciting things happening to the goat track. Hope to tee it up there sometime with you guys.:golf:

Come on up before the experience totally changes and becomes more like playing golf :laughing:

looking good OG

I told our Superintendent that everyone is talking about the goat track turning into a sheep pasture. He said tell 'em to give it two years! LOL

DawgDaddy and I are playing golf in the morning at the Goat Patch around 09:30 a.m. Anyone wanting to join us, you are more than welcome. Our course is going through a major overall now. Crews are working hard putting new sprinkler systems in and laying turf so keep that in mine. We may have to work around some of this construction. Today they had number nine closed as they were installing new sprinkler heads.

Better than Tonya's?

Hmmm......

:angel:

well now ...... been such awhile since I had any of hers, but since you mention it ...... I have to ponder this .....

I'll get back to ya on this .....

I'm thinkin' we might need a bake off :banana:

well now ...... been such awhile since I had any of hers, but since you mention it ...... I have to ponder this .....

I'll get back to ya on this .....

I'm thinkin' we might need a bake off :banana:

I'm thinking this is just a ploy on your part to get more cookies...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back