What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed rounds for me the last couple day's. 39/39 yesterday for a solid 78. The round felt good, not great most of the way as my putter was just getting it done. 38/44 today. a tale of two sides. Started out today in the 40* range and played very well, but once it warmed into the mid 50's and I started shedding clothes the wheels sort of came off.

played about 10-12 rounds of 9 holes so far this season. Today was my first 18 hole round of the week. Shot a 79, par 72 course. Very happy guy here!

A frustrating 44. Was 2 over thru 5 and went double-triple. I hate that.

A frustrating 44. Was 2 over thru 5 and went double-triple. I hate that.
I did something similar on the back nine yesterday. Not on consecutive holes, but two blow-up holes. It sucks!

37 tonight built of an absolute gorgeous night with the J40 driver. Hole 1 I hit a low kind of push and hole 2 I also pushed it but killed it, from that point on that club was MONEY. I had 15 putts so a pretty solid putting day as well. All in all it was 2 bogeys, 1 birdie and 6 pars. The birdie was a net eagle that just very well may pull me in some skins cash....gotta wait and see!

Great job, Jake. Love to hear that the driver is treating you well.

A ho hum 40/44= 84, the 44 was on the easier side. Kept missing greens and failing to get up and down. Was 1 for 8 on the day on up and downs.

Shot a respectable 83 today in some very windy, gusty conditions. Ball striking was solid today up and down the bag. Short game cost me dearly.

Lol at my round today in our first mens league night. I shot a freaking 93 with a 10 and two 8's. So that was 11 over par on just 3 holes but the rest of the round I played fine. It was rainy, windy and I could just never get comfortable. Still no excuse but I had 2 birds and 7 pars just some big blowups that normally never happen. It was actually pretty funny.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something similar on the back nine yesterday. Not on consecutive holes, but two blow-up holes. It sucks!

Yeah. And 7 is a pretty easy par hole too. I just messed up big time. Lol.

Lol at my round today in our first mens league night. I shot a freaking 93 with a 10 and two 8's. So that was 11 over par on just 3 holes but the rest of the round I played fine. It was rainy, windy and I could just never get comfortable. Still no excuse but I had 2 birds and 7 pars just some big blowups that normally never happen. It was actually pretty funny.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk
I am failing to see the humor Ben.

I am failing to see the humor Ben.
You should have been there then. Drive tee ball OB, then re-tee and hit three half assed down the fairway, then flub 4 down the fairway, then try and reach the green with 5 but there is water short of the green, I flush it, and go in the water. Now dropping 6 and hitting a wedge with 7 on the green. Then I 3 jiggle and that is my first hole of the day!

It just wasn't my day, but I did play some solid golf otherwise. It can't all be peas and carrots.

You should have been there then. Drive tee ball OB, then re-tee and hit three half assed down the fairway, then flub 4 down the fairway, then try and reach the green with 5 but there is water short of the green, I flush it, and go in the water. Now dropping 6 and hitting a wedge with 7 on the green. Then I 3 jiggle and that is my first hole of the day!

It just wasn't my day, but I did play some solid golf otherwise. It can't all be peas and carrots.
That is actually pretty funny. First hole/first night and you throw up a perfect score. You'll get em next week buddy, I like how you're looking at it.

That is actually pretty funny. First hole/first night and you throw up a perfect score. You'll get em next week buddy, I like how you're looking at it.
Thanks buddy, I'm actually pretty happy with how I rebounded from such an epic fail of a start. I could have just taken my ball and gone home, but I fought for a decent score after those blow up holes. While the final score is still ugly, I could have really let that round get away from me.

Typical round for me.....45 on the front- made the turn start off par, bogie, par then three blow up holes, back to back to back. Ended up with a 103 for the day.
What was that someone said about lessons?
Think i've given up on the idea of good golf.... I"ll just enjoy laughing at myself when I stink it up this badly.

I put up a 43 today. My driver treated me poorly, but I managed 3 one-pitts and that kept me happy. I wasn't in my squadcar so it's all good. KCM

42/42 for 84 with 9/14 fwys and 29 putts!!

Nice putting, Smackie!

Well after playing like crap for the last few weeks, mainly thanks to a wild driver and piss poor short game I decided to do my best to eliminate both. I moved up to the white tees and played nothing but irons for the whole round. I ended up shooting a 44/40 for a respectable 84.

The advantage of hitting irons off of the tee was two fold, I kept the ball in the fairway for the whole round, and I was hitting full irons into the greens instead of wedges. The course I was playing is already short, only 6600 from the back, so moving up put me at a very short 6200 yards, so that definitely played a part in my success. But nonetheless I think I will score better in the future by taking irons and at most hybrid on at least half of the par 4's on my courses I play.

Played yesterday with my dad he is a 9HC. We played off the back tees (blue) and it played a completely different course. Beat him by 1 haha

I hit 7 of 13 fairways but only hit 2 GIR shocking bad.

Made some great up and downs with the help of my Callaway forged wedges

My Card

DSC_0557.jpg

Dads Card

DSC_0556.jpg

@Duey keep it up
@Jake your rounding into form quickly
@dawg you are allowed some hohum rounds
@vman that is respectable
@Cool, the consistency will return
@david that is always nice to have a respectable round with out your best stuff

@Duey keep it up
@Jake your rounding into form quickly
@dawg you are allowed some hohum rounds
@vman that is respectable
@Cool, the consistency will return
@david that is always nice to have a respectable round with out your best stuff

Lol Tadashi, that's way too organized. Thanks buddy!

Shot an 81 yesterday in Nacogdoches, Tx.

+1 or +2, didn't really keep a score. Played a course nearby that always has good greens and despite three days of non-stop rain, they didn't disappoint. Really amazing how much the construction and maintenance affects how much rain a green can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back