What Would You Shoot at Augusta National?

haha probably a 150 or so!

Does anyone have a clue what the actual members of Augusta shoot, the guys who play it the most?

Went to the Masters for the first time and walked the course over four days. The elevations are not done justice on TV. Eleven is a 505 yd par FOUR. The two days I spent time there most of the pros did not hit the green in two and many were 40 to fifty feet short. Except for maybe 16' depending on the pin, and maybe seven a short par4 which most of the pros PAR...I would run out of balls before I finished...of course with ESC the 140 might come out to 124! The pros earn their money. I was sitting on 18 on Thursday afternoon and was really struck by the sense of relief on the faces of the folders. Tiger came through and he looked exhausted...not physically but mentally. he wasn't alone and this was the first day. Great job by Bubba!

I don't think I could keep score, if I made a par that would be the best ever. I don't know how many is quad on every hole?

easily 100+ from the junior tees.
those greens are like glass...i'd 5 putt every green.

You could put me on the green in regulation and I still dont think I would break 100.

The chart says I should shoot around 100 - - and it would be the greatest 100 of my life!!!

I'd be pleased to break 100... I'm guessing closer to 110...

I play Ko'Olau regularly and one could make the argument that it's the hardest course in the nation. Elevation changes are WICKED as its carved into the side of a mountain, greens run like they've been greased many times over, the wind howls constantly, and your landing areas are about the width of a tight rope. I've gotten to a 9.7 playing here regularly with a slope rating of 157. I know the course well though.

Considering the above I'd still say that on a good day and with a Mully or two off the tee I'd shoot a mid to high 90's round at Augusta National. There's just something majestically EVIL about that course!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I have dreams of building a $1 billion golf course using more dynamite than has ever been used before... carved literally right into the Rocky Mountains. As in elevators within the mountains for golf carts and thousand foot cliffs at the edge of each fairway. When I'm that rich, look for my course! It will be harder than Ko'Olau and Augusta combines times ten.

I have dreams of building a $1 billion golf course using more dynamite than has ever been used before... carved literally right into the Rocky Mountains. As in elevators within the mountains for golf carts and thousand foot cliffs at the edge of each fairway. When I'm that rich, look for my course! It will be harder than Ko'Olau and Augusta combines times ten.

Just move that course to the more history rich and golf conducive range of mountains known as the Appalachian and I'd play it.

Good luck, BTW.

Just move that course to the more history rich and golf conducive range of mountains known as the Appalachian and I'd play it.

Good luck, BTW.

Maybe my second course could be there. The trees wouldn't have the same affect as rocks though. And thanks :p

I'd shoot a 165 and lose about 75 balls and smile the entire time!

I'd shoot a 165 and lose about 75 balls and smile the entire time!

Pretty hard to lose a ball there unless you hit it into Rae's creek or blow it way right on 5. You're more likely to end up on another fairway than really lose a ball.

99% of the golfers here would 3 put every green......... If they were lucky.......:banghead:

I have no idea. Probably around 120ish. I am hoping to play TPC Sawgrass a little after the Players Championship. I'm going to find out how well I can play on a top notch course from the tips. I'm just hoping to break 100! By the way, I'm hoping my wife can come along and she can take some vids of me on the course.

On Tiger woods 12 probably a -7, in real life, probably a 100, the course is pretty intimidating.

If I was driving it great, and I was well above 250 on every drive, and everything else was great, I think I might shoot around 110. I might do worse, but I'll probably never know.

Well guys, I played from the tips at Firestone, and I don't know how much more difficult the layout of Augusta is than Firestone, but I shot a 91 there. So I'm thinking I'd break 100 easily. Especially since it's a shorter course. I think many of you underestimate how much easier it is when you have a great lie even if you hit a bad shot preceding it. From the tips at Augusta I think I'd shoot in the mid 90's. From the members tees, probably in the mid to high 80's.

Why don't you check out he scores at the wgc vs the masters. -17 won last year and they have had over -20.

Completely different golf course as one is setup to be a clubcorp course and the other is setup for the masters.

It would be like saying since I shot 80 at the THP outing and played te bear trap from the tips, that I would do that at Augusta. Ha!

Internet golfing at its best!

Back