Street style golf shoes

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to pick up a pair of "street style" golf shoe for this summer's golf season and would appreciate your experiences with different brands/models. The ones that are on my radar are:

Footjoy Street http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=322

True Linkswear http://www.truelinkswear.com/style/

Kikkor http://www.kikkor.com/Products/Mens-Shoes

Adidas Adicross http://shop.adidasgolf.com/products/675551

Ecco Street Premiere http://www.eccousa.com/shoes/golf/mens/casual/street-premiere/2412/detail.aspx

I have two pair of Ecco Street Premieres. Do like them a lot. Very comfy, good build quality, good traction in dry and damp conditions. When wet I prefer spikes though. Can't go wrong with them !

I have a pair of these. They run a little small, so I had to go 1/2 size larger, but they are very comfortable. Can't comment on the others.

Cardiff.jpg
[/IMG]

Ashworth Cardiff
http://www.ashworthgolf.com/footwear

I'm really intrigued by the True shoes. I need to find some and try them on.

I'm loving my AdiCrosses. Just go try them on.

I have the AdiCross and I love them. Very comfortable shoe with better than expected traction. I hope to add a 2nd pair in black sometime soon.
pDSP1-11606449dt.jpg

these are my faves as well but I'm also looking at the AdiCross and the Ashworths as well

With more and more pros going with casual shoes....will 'traditional' golf shoes slowly die on the vine?

I have two pair of Ecco Street Premieres. Do like them a lot. Very comfy, good build quality, good traction in dry and damp conditions. When wet I prefer spikes though. Can't go wrong with them !

I know most of those have their own threads, I've tried most of them on, I'm getting the new FJ Contour Casuals when they come out next month, they are super comfortable. And the True Linkswear is like walking barefoot, they rock. The footjoy streets are comfortable, just didn't like the spikes on the bottom. Adicross and eccos were a little stiff for me. Haven't tried kikkor yet.

I have the True Tours and love them. I have only worn my adipures once since getting my Trues. Most comfy shoe, not just golf shoe, but any shoe that I own.

Adidas ones look the best by far!

I have the AdiCross and I love them. Very comfortable shoe with better than expected traction. I hope to add a 2nd pair in black sometime soon.
pDSP1-11606449dt.jpg
I have these exact shoes on at work right now. I hope to be sliding out to the range later where it'll likely be wet due to rain, this will be my best chance yet to test the traction. In dry conditions they rock and are super comfortable.

I have a pair of the trues. They look kinda funky but the salesman had on a pair and swore they were very comfortable. He was right and I love them.

Its funny because I have every single pair on your radar and none of them are as comfortable to me as my Callaway Del Mars.

Personally I like the cardiffs.

I have the following:

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=339

the Footjoy Contour Casual, the shoe is amazing in terms of comfort, and they come in wide sizes as well.

The problem with these types of shoes is that they slip in really wet conditions. I followed Fred Couples @ The Toshiba Classic last month. On that Friday, he played in a pair of Ecco Streets, but when he came out on Saturday and Sunday after heavy rain, he switched to some type of Ecco with spikes. Then later that week, it rained again, and I slipped several times as my right foot gave out on the tee box.
So I don't play in them anymore unless it's very dry or it's a difficult course to walk.

I bought a pair of Footjoy XPS-1 recently, these are SERIOUS golf shoes, no slipping in these...

FB

I have never thought about foot slippage in the spikeless shoes. I have been told during some of my lessons that if your feet are slipping, there is a swing fault. So I think that the spikeless shoes have helped me stay stable with my footwork.

I definitely echo people's thoughts about widths. I find the Adidas and Ecco's to be more narrow. Puma has come out with a couple interesting ones too but I have no idea what the fit is like.

P4B - Do you wear these as casual shoes as well, ie not on the golf course? How are they off the course?

I have the Ecco Street Premiere. Just getting into the Season no issue's so far.

I'm going to get the True Linkswear PHX... tried them on and they were super comfortable. The Adicross were very nice also.

Those Kikkor shoes look pretty interesting, but I've never seen them in stores.

I can definitely recommend Ecco. I have a couple different pairs and they are by far the most comfortable golf shoes I've used. The Ecco Biom Hybrid shoes are GREAT!!!

So as I ended up back at Golfsmith today.... I retried on the Adicross, True Linkswear PHX, FJ Contours and Oakley Ripcords.

The PHX were still extremely comfortable...BUT as I was walking around they were bending on top and rubbing the top of my toes where they join the foot.... it didn't feel good... that might be something that would go away.. but it might not.. so I'm going to have to rethink these.

The Adicross are a bit narrow for me in their regular medium width and they rode up on my heel no matter which size I tried on.

The Footjoys were pretty comfortable, but I didn't love the looks of them.

I ended up liking the Oakley Ripcords the most.

Now I'm most likely going to get them in black.. though the white's are nice also... of course my daughter (8years old) wants me to get THESE RIPCORDS......

I'm not one afraid to take a risk here or there.. but I'm not sure I can pull those off....hahaha

If you haven't tried these on, I suggest giving them a go.. they felt fantastic to me... no strange pulls or creases anywhere... and at their price they do have a two year water proof warranty.. which is awesome.

Bryan

So as I ended up back at Golfsmith today.... I retried on the Adicross, True Linkswear PHX, FJ Contours and Oakley Ripcords.

The PHX were still extremely comfortable...BUT as I was walking around they were bending on top and rubbing the top of my toes where they join the foot.... it didn't feel good... that might be something that would go away.. but it might not.. so I'm going to have to rethink these.

The Adicross are a bit narrow for me in their regular medium width and they rode up on my heel no matter which size I tried on.

The Footjoys were pretty comfortable, but I didn't love the looks of them.

I ended up liking the Oakley Ripcords the most.

Now I'm most likely going to get them in black.. though the white's are nice also... of course my daughter (8years old) wants me to get THESE RIPCORDS......

I'm not one afraid to take a risk here or there.. but I'm not sure I can pull those off....hahaha

If you haven't tried these on, I suggest giving them a go.. they felt fantastic to me... no strange pulls or creases anywhere... and at their price they do have a two year water proof warranty.. which is awesome.

Bryan

I felt the same when trying on the PHX model, but did not with the Tours. Pure comfort. I love my tours.

I have 2 pairs of the Ecco Street Premieres and I LOVE them!! I have had them for the last year and half and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I actually wear them to work. They are very durable and I have never slipped on the course during a swing while wear these. Bummer they have raised the price on these after all these other companies have started to make similar shoes. They do run about a 1/2 size smaller and use European sizes. Also they tend to run a bit on the wide side which is perfect for me!

Ecco street premiers. Like them alot.

Back