MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While his total batting number may be lower than some other HOFers, remember that he is probably the best switch hitter behind only Mickey Mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely he is. And without some of the nagging injuries, he could have very easily supplanted Mick as the greatest of all time. I think the baseball writers that vote are to the point, they realize that most of the numbers coming out of the 90's thru the 2000's, are probably an illusion, and they need to look at players like Chipper, hell, even McGriff should be there before some of those other jokers.

Looks like the A's need some base running classes.

Absolutely he is. And without some of the nagging injuries, he could have very easily supplanted Mick as the greatest of all time. I think the baseball writers that vote are to the point, they realize that most of the numbers coming out of the 90's thru the 2000's, are probably an illusion, and they need to look at players like Chipper, hell, even McGriff should be there before some of those other jokers.

Chipper will eventually go in and maybe on his first ballot no doubt, But it also depends on who else is in his class. I have a great deal of respect for him. He was one of my favorites along with Biggio. Very classy guys.

Last edited:
Chipper will eventually go in and maybe on his first ballot no doubt, But it also depends on who else is in his class. I have a great deal of respect for him. He was one of my favorites along with Biggio. Very classy guys.

Biggio. Another great name that absolutely should be a Hall of Famer. It's amazing that most don't realize that Biggio was a catcher for the better part of his career. Just wish he would have won a ring. He deserves one.

Can my Phillies start scoring runs...They barely can score runs against a glorified Triple A team in the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Biggio. Another great name that absolutely should be a Hall of Famer. It's amazing that most don't realize that Biggio was a catcher for the better part of his career. Just wish he would have won a ring. He deserves one.

Agree. I grew up a good part of my childhood in the Houston area and went to my first major league game in the old Astrodome back in the day. Biggio was my all time favorite Astro. He played the game like it should be played.

get used to it man....

Can my Phillies start scoring runs...They barely can score runs against a glorified Triple A team in the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Agree. I grew up a good part of my childhood in the Houston area and went to my first major league game in the old Astrodome back in the day. Biggio was my all time favorite Astro. He played the game like it should be played.

Ahh the old astrodome. I too have many great memories there. I remember seeing Biggio play when he was a rookie. I would go to the games every summer. Still wish I could do that. Great times with my family.

get used to it man....

I don't want to get used to it...Hunter Pence needs to man up and go "beast mode" by putting this team on his back. I knew the injuries were going to come sooner or later, I'd just prefer they come after Chase Utley put up HOF #'s and Howard was old enough to be sharing the booth and eating cheesesteaks with Sarge, all the while getting whiz all over his 3 championship rings.

Ahh the old astrodome. I too have many great memories there. I remember seeing Biggio play when he was a rookie. I would go to the games every summer. Still wish I could do that. Great times with my family.

My first game, not even sure how old I was but Jose Cruz still played for the Stros' and I ask my Dad why there was a big cloud over the field up towards the top of the ceiling. Smoke from the smokers haha. Dont see that anymore.

can't happen....he's the only 'big stick' in the lineup so why pitch to him?

I don't want to get used to it...Hunter Pence needs to man up and go "beast mode" by putting this team on his back. I knew the injuries were going to come sooner or later, I'd just prefer they come after Chase Utley put up HOF #'s and Howard was old enough to be sharing the booth and eating cheesesteaks with Sarge, all the while getting whiz all over his 3 championship rings.

can't happen....he's the only 'big stick' in the lineup so why pitch to him?

Pence and big stick, two things I never thought Id hear in the same sentence lol. Dude might be quick and have a good bat but never thought of him as the big stick though.

Pence and big stick, two things I never thought Id hear in the same sentence lol. Dude might be quick and have a good bat but never thought of him as the big stick though.

Take a look at the Phillies starting lineup. Pence looks like Mark McGwire compared to everyone else.

Take a look at the Phillies starting lineup. Pence looks like Mark McGwire compared to everyone else.

Yeah Ive seen it being in the area and all. Its not a good thing either.

it's why I put that in quotes...he's the big stick compared to the others in the lineup

here's his HR #'s since breaking into the majors in 2007...

17, 25, 25, 25, 22

and those were with god awful Astros teams too....he's more of a 3 or 5 hole hitter, not your classic 4 hole clean up guy

Biggio was one of those players that I wish I got to see more of. Being on the east coast I only got to see him play when he was playing the Cubs, Mets, the rare occasion the Yankees, and All Star games. My first game at Wrigley was against the Astros so I got to see him play then, but he was at the end of his career at that point. Definitely a player that played the game the right way, made multiple position changes. I'm glad he reached the 3,000 hit mark.

While his total batting number may be lower than some other HOFers, remember that he is probably the best switch hitter behind only Mickey Mantle.

lance berkman...would get the nod over jones as the better switch hitter IMO

He's an idiot. He probably just did it once he realized how stupid his defensive setup was and needed some excuse to make a switch. I hate him so much. How do you go from one of the best managers ever in Bobby Cox to this moron.

The wife and I ask our selves that question every time they show him in the dugout. Not only did we lose the Richmond Braves to Gwinnet a few years ago, now we have to suffer through this joke of a replacement in a manager!

Josh Johnson and the Marlins looked pretty good tonight...

Josh Johnson and the Marlins looked pretty good tonight...

Damn dude. It's Marlins bashing every night, huh? Still bitter about 1997 NLCS?

Kansas City blew this game today versus Oakland. Take the lead in the 12th, then let the A's load the bases and then hit two batters in a row to lose the game. Wonderful.

Damn dude. It's Marlins bashing every night, huh? Still bitter about 1997 NLCS?
When have I bashed the Marlins? I may have ripped Ozzie, but not really the Marlins. I take that back, I made fun of the eye sore in out field at the new stadium.

Like what Im seeing from the Rangers so far this season. If the pitching rounds into form it could be another nice run for the Rangers because the bats are there as usual.

marlinsfan-meme.png

Like what Im seeing from the Rangers so far this season. If the pitching rounds into form it could be another nice run for the Rangers because the bats are there as usual.

I like what I see from them too. What's scary is that you loss your #1 pitcher form last year, yet I think the rotation is better this year. Scary team, should be a hell of a race between them and Angels for the Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back