• Both more range and more course time

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay my good friend and I have decided that we are going to play in some 2 man tournaments in the area this year. Right now we have 5 picked out and may try for one or two more. Between those tournaments and hopefully a couple up here this year I will have a busy schedule. It got me thinking what is the best way to prep for a season of tournaments. In my thoughts money played the all deciding factor and amount of time away from family. Here are the choices:

A: Increased range time that includes range, putting, bunker, and chipping. Practice makes habits not perfection.

B: Increased course play. Look for deals or walk more just find time to play.

C: Both got to hit the range one day and play another.

My answer is A. I am going to try and get more time at the range. With the money for the cost of the tournaments I figure I need to cut back on other rounds to offset the expense (and to have a happy wife). I can spend less than a round would cost and get in two days a week of full swings at the local course for $20 total for 2 big bags. I can also chip and putt for free anytime. Money aside I thought that by working on my all around swing it would make me more consistent and ready for the different courses.

So what are your thoughts THP?

I would agree with you on A. I tend to get my best results going that route

I tend to go with option B. Bringing my results (good or bad) from the range to the course is just never a guarantee.
I like to play a solo practice round on the tournament course prior to the event, and I'll drop balls and hit good shots off every tee to always have a positive visual off every tee or on every approach.

I'll go with C. I don't think range time will ever replace actually playing golf and having to make a score but it is important!!

B for me. Range time, hitting crappy balls, is not something I enjoy as much as playing the course.

I chose both range and course time. Range time should be used to work on short game and any weakness then get on the course so that swing and techniques can be put to use with the goal to be not to think about the swing stuff on the course and just do.

I'd say it's the short game practice that means the most and depending on facilities available sometimes the on course is the best way to go.

I'd say both... but I agree about the $$ part.

For ME. I'm going to trying a groove my swing on the range at the start of the year. Work on my putting/feel and short game. There is a method to this with me though. I'm not going to hammer a bucket of 7 irons. I've always been one who will hit maybe 6 to 12 then start switching up clubs every few balls.

both, practice to clean up the areas that need addressing and playing to put yourself in real conditions and execute shots that matter.

Back