Pro V1 Best Ball for ALL Golfers?!!?

The same stands true for myself. I might be a little more accurate off the tee with an NXT Tour / e7 / RocketBallz / etc... but the spin wouldn't cater to the short game I have developed with a premium ball.

Yep. So to me, this ad campaign actually makes sense because (to me at least) short game is way more important than tee game. Though the line sort of blurs where you meet the guys who hit every other tee shot OB because a ProV1 would exacerbate that. For anyone of even decent tee game, I could see how a premium golf ball would be the best.

I think the point is that many can find a ball that gives some extra distance and the spin to go along with it.

I think the point is that many can find a ball that gives some extra distance and the spin to go along with it.

What other balls that aren't high compression have Urethane covers? I know the RX and RXS do. Do the e series have them as well? I thought I remember hearing that somewhere.

Yep. So to me, this ad campaign actually makes sense because (to me at least) short game is way more important than tee game. Though the line sort of blurs where you meet the guys who hit every other tee shot OB because a ProV1 would exacerbate that. For anyone of even decent tee game, I could see how a premium golf ball would be the best.

I don't necessarily agree that short game is way more important than tee game, even so I think telling people that one ball is best for everyone's game is ridiculous. If that was the case all the other ball manufacturers would say the same about their premium ball.

I don't necessarily agree that short game is way more important than tee game, even so I think telling people that one ball is best for everyone's game is ridiculous. If that was the case all the other ball manufacturers would say the same about their premium ball.

I should have worded that better: short game is more important than tee game to a point, at least for a player of my caliber. If I can keep it in bounds, it doesn't much matter if I'm in the fairway or rough since I don't hit many GIR at my home course anyways. So my short game needs to be sharp to score well. If my tee game is horrible, that's not good because that's when penalty strokes start to come into play.

And yes, their claims are ridiculous, but I can at least see what they are thinking when they say that (I think).

What other balls that aren't high compression have Urethane covers? I know the RX and RXS do. Do the e series have them as well? I thought I remember hearing that somewhere.

Z-Star SL is one. Hell, even the Z-Star isn't really a high compression ball and it's very spinny for me. My point is that you hear "I need the Pro V1 for the spin" all the time, but in reality, it isn't the only ball out there that spins. You can find a ball that offers a urethane cover and fits your needs when it comes to distance. It might be the Pro V1 or maybe it's not.

Z-Star SL is one. Hell, even the Z-Star isn't really a high compression ball and it's very spinny for me. My point is that you hear "I need the Pro V1 for the spin" all the time, but in reality, it isn't the only ball out there that spins. You can find a ball that offers a urethane cover and fits your needs when it comes to distance. It might be the Pro V1 or maybe it's not.

That's true. I forgot about the SL. Thanks.

I have tried the pro V1s and don't find them all that....I get on far better with the NXT tours or TM Penta if Im having a really good ball striking day.....honestly though golf balls are like clubs...what's great for one person just doesn't suit another....it was a ridiculous statement on her behalf....just my two pennies worth....

I have tried the pro V1s and don't find them all that....I get on far better with the NXT tours or TM Penta if Im having a really good ball striking day.....honestly though golf balls are like clubs...what's great for one person just doesn't suit another....it was a ridiculous statement on her behalf....just my two pennies worth....

NXT Tour and Srixon Z Star XV perform better for me than Pro V1. Too much driver spin with Pro V1

Although I find the statement that one ball is best for all golfers to be ridiculous, I'm not surprised that she would say that.

Titleist's biggest competitor in the ball market right now is probably Bridgestone. Bridgestone says that there is a difference between what the tour pros play and what amateurs play. Titleist has built themselves up by saying, "Play the ball the pros play because it is really good." Of course Titleist is going to say the opposite. The sad part is, there is a large protion of the golfing population that believes them.

Titleist's biggest competitor in the ball market right now is probably Bridgestone. Bridgestone says that there is a difference between what the tour pros play and what amateurs play. Titleist has built themselves up by saying, "Play the ball the pros play because it is really good." Of course Titleist is going to say the opposite. The sad part is, there is a large protion of the golfing population that believes them.

Thats because thats the mindset in every other sport. Hockey equipment, football stuff, baseball stuff, basketball stuff. Use what they use because its for the best for everyone, and they have access to it.

Its too tough of a concept to grab for many people, and yes, it is sad.

Thats because thats the mindset in every other sport. Hockey equipment, football stuff, baseball stuff, basketball stuff. Use what they use because its for the best for everyone, and they have access to it.

It is a marketing technique that has worked to this point. It will be pretty hard to get that train to swtich tracks.

Hockey equipment??? People buy that stuff?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Hockey equipment??? People buy that stuff?

Hey now Mr. Sun, check your self.

Hey now Mr. Sun, check your self.

I have an ice skating rink 15 minutes down the road from my apartment... :smirk:

I have an ice skating rink 15 minutes down the road from my apartment... :smirk:

Not to get off topic, but that is awesome haha.

I'm pretty typical Canadian. Can see two rinks from my apartment balcony and can driver to five different ones in under 5 min. Shouldn't say typical Canadian, but the stereotypical.

Opinions on a commercial I saw this weekend:

Opinions on a commercial I saw this weekend:

So per usual I was watching golf this weekend admiring all their swings and the amazing power they generate. While I was watching a commercial came on about the Titelist ProV's. The point of the commercial was you don't need a fast swing speed to use and benefit from ProV1 golf balls. Out there on the market you always see commercials like Bridgestone, explaining how they have different types of golf balls for different types of swing speeds. What's everyones thoughts on this theory/commercial? I still don't think my swing speed of 85-90mph is good enough for golf balls like ProV1. I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

The ProV1 commercial is a travesty and a disservice to the golfing industry.

Such blatant lies should not be allowed to be televised.

I believe that the Bridgestone philosophy is more correct than Titleist.

Pmoa and I had a nice discussion about this in his car during the morning rainstorm at the AC event on Saturday.

When I saw the commercial for the first time it boggled my mind.

Yeah I don't agree with those commercials at all. ProVs are not for everybody. Not even close. They shouldn't be frustrating golfers over selling golf balls. Golf is supposed to be fun, so find a ball that works. Just because the pros play them doesn't mean you should too.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Can't find the commercial online anywhere yet, but when I do, I will post it here. It was a good 1minute to 1.5 minutes long too. Crazy stuff.

For 85 mph players, The Pro V's are not the right ball for you. At all. Bridgestone's philosophy is much better. The problem is the 'Tour' balls add spin. Which think is only backspin. Wrong. It adds sidespin, which you hit the ball further left or right. Titleist need to yank that commercial because it's feeding people false info.

Bstones theory makes sense to me. However, my own experience is that I hit a Hex Black further than a B330RX and just as far as an e6. So I'm not sure what to believe. I tried to do a fitting this year but Bstone had wrong info on their website and I missed the day in my area.

first time i saw this commercial, i could hear the R&D guys saying to the marketing guys "WTF are you doing? so...why'd we come out with NXT again?" don't try to sell us on one side of the story (different balls for different speeds/golfers/etc) only to tell us once you realize someone else is doing it better than you that it's wrong and we should only play your pro-level ball b/c it's right for everyone.

titleist...c'mon man.

Back