RBC Heritage (Spoilers)

Camilo has wins. Rickie does not and appears as though he won't. It makes me terrified of Cobra gear. At least he sniffed top 25's last year. AMP seems to be junk.

That was my arguement as well. This equipment change is killing Ricky. Kinda like Duval leaving Titleist for Nike

Guys take time to adjust. Camilo has done nothing since his switch and neither has Rickie. Although Rickie has had this equipment a little less. Im not sure I understand the idea of being "terrified" of their gear. Here is why.
Had Rickie won the Masters last week, you would still be bagging on the AMP gear.

I love the idea that Graeme has taken a step back. But its expected I guess and par for the course. Just for the history buffs, outside of the US Open win, Graeme had his best finish ever on the PGA Tour at Bay Hill just a couple of weeks ago.

I forgot to set my line up, I have 1 player. Luke Donald, major point loss this week.

Guys take time to adjust. Camilo has done nothing since his switch and neither has Rickie. Although Rickie has had this equipment a little less. Im not sure I understand the idea of being "terrified" of their gear. Here is why.
Had Rickie won the Masters last week, you would still be bagging on the AMP gear.

I love the idea that Graeme has taken a step back. But its expected I guess and par for the course. Just for the history buffs, outside of the US Open win, Graeme had his best finish ever on the PGA Tour at Bay Hill just a couple of weeks ago.

For me, I bought into the hype around fowler and Camillo so I expected more from these two. Gmac never had those expectations until he burst through & became the it guy. He seems to finally coming back from the major win and all that goes with it.
Equipment or not RF looks uncomfortable out there to me. I'm not sure what it is but I see his buds (golf boys) winning and playing pretty consistent over, let's say the last two seasons

Rickie needs to focus on playing golf. Camilo needs to bring back the spider. Graeme needs to wear more cardigans. Once this happens, success will follow.

For me, I bought into the hype around fowler and Camillo so I expected more from these two. Gmac never had those expectations until he burst through & became the it guy. He seems to finally coming back from the major win and all that goes with it.
Equipment or not RF looks uncomfortable out there to me. I'm not sure what it is but I see his buds (golf boys) winning and playing pretty consistent over, let's say the last two seasons

I do agree, and think that Fowler has been one of the bigger busts that has come along recently (so far). So much hype and little that has delivered. My point was, that I dont think it is about the equipment. I do think that he is not focused though, I mean a sponsor event the same week as the Masters? What the heck was that.

I've honestly never seen Luke Donald carve iron shots like this. Puzzling stuff.

Paddy is making a good show of missing the cut too.

I do agree, and think that Fowler has been one of the bigger busts that has come along recently (so far). So much hype and little that has delivered. My point was, that I dont think it is about the equipment. I do think that he is not focused though, I mean a sponsor event the same week as the Masters? What the heck was that.

He did the same the week of the Honda at Seminole cc member pro

Ernie. wtc? He played the back 9 like me. Now he's missed a fairway that's 80-something yards wide to miss the cut?

My guys are really picking it up today.
Dufner -5
Sned -3 ( was at -4 I jinxed him)
Jacobsen -4
Kuch -2

I agree, JB. Why in the world would Cobra put on an even the week of the Masters? Puzzling...
Anyway, I have a hard time believing ANY pro can blame a downturn in their performance on a change of equipment. It seems odd that touring pro's can't adjust and/or have stuff made EXACTLY to their specs from the tour vans....

Adjustments that take time, I can get behind. Rickie should've won on tour already, but he choked in that all orange get up. Seems to me that his sponsors suck him dry. Always here, always there, do this photo shoot, do that photo shoot. And worse, like JB said, make him do things leading up to the Masters? Full on exploitation. I bet he's tired and not focused. Throw that on top of being 22 years old and it's a disaster. I don't know what Camilo's deal is. I was just messing around with my AMP hatred. Kind of. Rickie's a good dude though. He was awesome to the crowd and his fans at the Masters. Major props in my book.

Adjustments that take time, I can get behind. Rickie should've won on tour already, but he choked in that all orange get up. Seems to me that his sponsors suck him dry. Always here, always there, do this photo shoot, do that photo shoot. And worse, like JB said, make him do things leading up to the Masters? Full on exploitation. I bet he's tired and not focused. Throw that on top of being 22 years old and it's a disaster. I don't know what Camilo's deal is. I was just messing around with my AMP hatred. Kind of. Rickie's a good dude though. He was awesome to the crowd and his fans at the Masters. Major props in my book.

I agree with you on this. I'm not a Rickie fan, but not a hater, either. If it would be good for the game for him to be successful (which it would be), then he needs to get his azz in gear and do it. won't be long until he is no longer considered one of the 'young up and comers'. You have guys like Kyle Stanley already winning and 2 rookies in Bud Cauley and Harris English playing this weekend (and towards the top of the leaderboard) while Rickie is cut...

I agree, JB. Why in the world would Cobra put on an even the week of the Masters? Puzzling...
Anyway, I have a hard time believing ANY pro can blame a downturn in their performance on a change of equipment. It seems odd that touring pro's can't adjust and/or have stuff made EXACTLY to their specs from the tour vans....

I'm not saying its the equipment at all with this post. But what makes pros any different than the average duffer? Think about it for a moment. Not every club is for every golfer or we would all play the same. Now you say he was fit for his equipment, true, but that just means it is adjusted for his swing. It doesn't mean it's a good fit.
Now I have no legit idea why he switched. I can speculate all day that it was in part due to the bottom line. It could be an ego thing to have an entire line built around your potential. It very well could be that his new wrenches are perfect for his game. Only he knows. But I do know human nature as we all do. Whether its the equipment or not, if he doesn't improve he'll have new sticks in the bag or some other drastic change. Bad play or sub par play wears on all of us the same way. It may not be about the bag but it could be made to be over time, in his mind.

Wow! Last time I make a Rickie Fowler joke...

I'm not a "fan boy" or a "hater". But I do want him to do well.

I never really thought about what JB said until now. Rickie needs to stop catering to his sponsors who are, in fact, killing him slowly. He needs to lose the cool points and get some strokes back out there on the course in the future.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Just checked out the fantasy golf and had to laugh, I pulled 40 points yesterday and a whopping big 4 points today. The kicker is everybody in my B & C groups missed the cut, all six players. Very few points coming this weekend as I slide back down to my usual spot. Dropped 11 spots to 17th and falling.

Last edited:
A much better 40 points today from my 3 players that scored after a nasty 22 yesterday. Dufner and Sneds with some solid rounds today! Looking forward to the weekend coverage.

No way Knost wins this...

I checked this afternoon, Ernie was -3 or so and plugging along...

What in the WORLD happened? That's the back nine of a man with a plane to catch, that is. Ernie, man...I love you like a brother, but where did this fondness for self-immolation come from? That's a few blowups lately, there was a time you never seemed to shoot yourself in the foot like this.

6 of 8 guys missed cut...both that made it are a players...fml

One-T missed the cut for me so I had to put Ogilvy in.

I have Kuch and Donald as my A players, but I had to put Kuch in there. I'm just not trusting Donald at the moment, he's really fallen off the horse after his stellar year last year. WTC happened?

Both of my C players missed the cut (Karlson and Stenson). I had a little bit of a Swede fetish this week, with three on my roster. Freddie Jacobson looks solid, and if it wasn't for him and Sneds, I would be sunk. Had Ogilvy and Donald on the bench today.

I have Kuch and Donald as my A players, but I had to put Kuch in there. I'm just not trusting Donald at the moment, he's really fallen off the horse after his stellar year last year. WTC happened?

I went with Kuch over Donald as well. Even with a win, Donald just doesn't seem right this year. Very spotty. Maybe the grind of last year has drug him down a little. I don't know.

His putting looks off, I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm sure it's something small though.

His putting looks off, I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm sure it's something small though.

It's not just his putting at this point...I've never seen Donald look so uneasy over an iron shot. He sure isn't singing the "iron truth" right now.

Mizzy is gonna find a new "it" guy! I like Johnathan Byrd!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Back