How old is your "gamer" driver?

guys and gals,

here's the tally so far. hope this helps you. i gotta run for now and earn my new driver....
Drivers!
CallawayPingTaylormadeWilsonNikeBridgestoneCobraClevelandBombtechDidn't SayTotal
Total1757242242

Doesn't surprise me at all that THPers a vast majority of the time game something within a year old. We're a bunch of club ho's haha

My Cobra FlyZ+ driver is only a new days old.

Callawya alpha 815 for about 8 months

A year and a couple of months... Cobra Bio Cell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have switched back and forth between the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha DBD and the '14 Alpha.

Both have their benefits, although it's hard to argue tech improvements over the years.

I've been gaming the same driver for a year now, '14 Big Bertha.

I am currently playing a Cleveland Classic with a B.Asha shaft....so it's a couple of years old......but I ordered a Callaway XR driver over the weekend.

I've been gaming the Taylormade R1 for 2 years, I love it and absolutely bomb it. Most consistent driver I have ever gamed.

Four days for me too, although I imagine my J715 will be in the bag for quite some time.

I have 5 drivers and none are more than 6 months old lol

I carry 2 drivers in the bag, a regular length Cally Optiforce and a 3w length TM Stage 2. I'm hitting both pretty well so I haven't had my eye out for anything new. They're both still perform as well as anything I've seen new.

This thread reminds me of an event I attended a while back with JB and some guys from Taylormade. We were all sitting around having drinks and getting acquainted when the TM guy asked us who had the oldest clubs in their bags this weekend. JB jumped in before anyone could answer with "well, they're all THPers, I doubt anything is older than 6 months." :p

Bio cell from last year.

I have a Nike Vrs Str8 Fit from 2012. Can't believe this driver was $300 new and now the best offer I can get on a trade-in is $20. Anyway, I'm getting a BB V Series in the mail soon.

Gaming a Cobra AMP Cell. Older model, but only got it a couple of months ago.

2011 Nike. Seems I may have the record for oldest driver - does everything I ask of it & love the adjustability.

Using the 2014 Callaway BB and it's the best I've ever had. Straightest, most forgiving and longest I've had. Think it was bought in Dec. and at my age may be my last driver. Generally play the same few courses and this club is the longest I've ever hit. Not a long driver and have begun to lose yardage due to age so this is a keeper.

2013 callaway, razr fit xtreme

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I got mine in December at the Grandaddy. Fit to me by the company, and I have had no desire to tinker since.

Same here BB Alpha 815 with Fuji Speeder 665....in play since December 2014 with no need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
I play last years Nike Covert 2. Have had it for a couple of months

Still got the Razr Fit Xtreme. Haven't found the reason to switch.

Titleist 913 for about a year and a half now

Back