The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

Day 2 recap from me:
'
Mind blown!
My fitting was straight forward and to the point.

1 swing into it we knocked graphite off the list and we were looking at steel. Project X rifle 6.0 compared to something I don't remember but it it didn't go well. We then then compared the px to pxi and it was close. He asked me what I thought was better and decided on constituency and feel and nick totally agreed with me. Went with the PX 6.0 rifle shaft and it is slick! So much amazing and the CF16 are awesome.

Next was GBB set to slight draw. Then to full fade. We nixed the GBB quickly and went to DBB because of spin and fade bias. Overall we worked on a couple swing drills to get my path more neutral. I was borderline stiff/x stiff so we opted for a "stought" diamana 70g stiff shaft. DBB in the toe gravity setting high CG to cut the hook out the equation and was pounding it. At one point I think I yelled and got some stares.

16 degree 3 wood to match the driver.

I am an iron player and opted for the 3UT for a guaranteed backup fairway fonder shot. When woods go to crap, my 3i will be long enough to get me there in 2, and a fairway seeker. The UT iron is awesome. So long, so straight, so pure.

MD3 50 and 60 s grind and c grind respectively was a natural choice. I have never been a set wedge player.

All set 1 degree up.

Pm grind 56/13 which Roger Cleveland got me freaking dialed in for! I was dropping it like its hot out of the bunker and chips. Freaking amazing!

V line tank putter for the dance floor.

I cannot even say what occurred today. The tour of ecpcp, ecpc fitting, headquarters tour, hideaway, swag, Merlots to die for. Seriously my cheeks hurt from smiling.

Good night!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Another outstanding #TheGrandaddy experience from Callaway and The Hideaway. Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. Looking forward to following along with the great golf and even more importantly, the fun that both #ZooCrew and #TeamRedemption will be having.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It was hard to keep up with this thread today, but I just wanted to jot a few things down before bed. Amazing day today, I've never experienced anything quite like it. I was impressed with the facility, and the tech... but what really stood out to me were the caliber of people who worked so hard to make this day a thing of fantasy. 3 quick examples...

First and foremost, I was able to meet Carol today, and for those who didn't follow along with my traveling escapades, Carol basically woke up extra early on her day off to ensure I was able to make this once in a lifetime opportunity. It was great to meet her and get a chance to thank her in person.

Secondly, I was fit by Garrett, who happens to fit Phil Mickelson... how many people can say that? What I will say is that Garrett is definitely a master of his craft, and was able to reign me in despite all of my incorrect notions about what equipment suits me... he was also able to do all this while being a down to earth, cool guy who seemed genuinely interested in fitting some hacker with the clubs of his dreams. Cool story alert: he fit me into a 70g mfs black tie, but there weren't any left in stock. We tried other options, but none worked nearly as well... his solution? He GAVE me the shaft from the demo, and installed a new grip on it! (in addition to ordering me another similar shaft) he also was sure I knew the setting for tomorrow so I can do a quick switch out.
0a191827683a96236285d9ee9659bb18.jpg

The third quick story was bunker lessons from Roger Cleveland. He was just sitting back and observing me hit bunker shots ranging from average to terrible. He comes up nonchalantly and gives me a few tweaks on bunker play and how to effectively use my bounce... next two shots are within 10 feet. I don't know what it is about RFC, but he exudes confidence, and he can somehow impart that on your game.
f2530f21ff8bab0821e55cdcfa932750.jpg

So my last short sappy point. Callaway makes great equipment, but it is the exceptional people that work there which truly drive the experience and propel the company.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Overdue video of PhillyV destroying his setup at driver... I think trackman puts this just over 280 unless my mind is fuzzy

I think he likes it

Overdue video of PhillyV destroying his setup at driver... I think trackman puts this just over 280 unless my mind is fuzzy

I think he likes it

Little baby fader...?

This thread is beyond amazing! It has taken me about three hours to go through each post. Thankfully I've had something to keep me busy.

Good luck tomorrow gents. You've earned this now go out and have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff from last night guys. No words to describe it. Just incredible.

Thanks Neb, Rallo, CDP for the end of the day recaps. I know it's a lot to do at the end of a very long day. It's much appreciated.

Make every swing count tomorrow, we have a belt to win!!!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Just can't imagine!

Holy shnikies! Are you in Wonkaville?

Absolutely amazing thread.
Go get'em today #TeamRedemption.

Awesome Phil.

Go get em today fellas!!

Can't wait to see everyone's reaction when they see the Hideaway courses. It's going to be great.

Play well, everybody.

Good luck today Team Redemption!

Good luck today gentlemen

Today, all the past is the past. The future is in front of you, but it's up to you. You've prepared yourselves for this moment, realize your preparation.

Good luck today gentlemen!

Go get em' today fellas, We are rooting for you guys !

Good luck today boys! Have fun out there!

I'm honestly really excited for these guys. I can't imagine the emotions they will be feeling this morning, when they see their new bags and get to work on the range at what we understand is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rubber meets the road right here boys!

Thanks for the recaps, photos, and updates everybody. I am still blown away by bunker lessons given by RFC. Unreal.

Have fun, play loose, and take it all in today #TeamRedemption!

Good luck guys!! Have a blast today!

Go get em boys!

Back