The Stand/Carry Bag Thread

I brought a Nike Hybrid Performance a few weeks back to replace my Callaway Fusion 14 (?). The Nike so far is a great improvement, there is no binding or snagging in the individual slots, the pockets whilst not as big are just the right size to fit everything in, and the cooler pocket is a lot better and bigger than the Callaway one. Very happy with that online purchase.

My new HL5 comes in today and I'm effing excited. Headcovers come in, in a week or so and I'll be all set.

Ready to move to the 5 way the more I think about it. It'll be nice to comfortably carry more than 14 clubs again when I need to.

So I have an OGIO Wisp and an HL5 now, and while I love the HL5 for a lot of things, there are 2 things that absolutely kill it for me.

The 5 way divider is terrible. I've had my OGIO for almost 2 years now, and don't have experience with a lot of other bags, but the amount of tangle between handles in the HL5 is just terrible. The other thing is when the base deploys the legs, it also pushes up on everything in the bottom of the bag, which crashes my wedges and short irons into the mid-irons. Minor, but enough to be annoying.

The storage is awesome on the HL5. I much prefer it to the OGIO in that respect. And Jman is right that it looks a lot better than the OGIO. I have the solid black Wisp, but it's nothing to get too excited. I even think the HL5 sat a little better on my Sun Mountain push cart. But I think the dividers are enough to keep it as the storage bag until I can find a buddy who needs a new bag.

If you think the HL5 is bad, stay away from a Ping Hoofer. I replaced a Ping Hoofer with an HL5 and am so happy I did. Setting the ping down compresses the bottom and pushes all the clubs towards the front of the bag. Everything grabs. Forget trying to put a Super Stroke or anything else oversized in there, it just won't fit. I've been super happy with my HL5 so far, but have only had it for a few weeks.

Anyone have a Cobra Fly-Z or Formstripe stand bag? I love the divider setup on them. Would be perfect for someone like me who doesn't necessarily want a 14-way divider but carries driver, 2 woods, 2 hybrids. But I haven't really been able to find any info on the rest of the bag, e.g. straps, compartments, etc. Any thoughts?
$_1.JPG

Snapped some pics of my bag today.

60580b028f78f2582642ebfdef4f7b99.jpg

d953b801438be704c0fc41d24cd849c9.jpg

c722a76876dedc1ffe39426e0eff828b.jpg

Snapped some pics of my bag today.
So what did you think of carrying? I love to carry on a morning like today, with minimal elevation change and not a lot of distance between holes. However, I miss being able to load up the bag with food, balls, jackets, umbrellas, and having a cupholder for my YETI. I think eventually I will end up with another clicgear...but I will continue to carry 9 holes on Thursday nights (provably not).

I had my walking bag out yesterday, and it is pretty dirty - especially the white ball pocket.
Next walking/stand bag will be a darker color, it probably will look better for longer.
I also notice that the water bottle labels tend to run, and the white is now a bit green.

So what did you think of carrying? I love to carry on a morning like today, with minimal elevation change and not a lot of distance between holes. However, I miss being able to load up the bag with food, balls, jackets, umbrellas, and having a cupholder for my YETI. I think eventually I will end up with another clicgear...but I will continue to carry 9 holes on Thursday nights (provably not).
Not bad. Been carrying off and on since I got it. That course today is a nice walk. I've been able to keep from over loading the bag with other nonsense that I don't need. Bag is nice and light and I like the 4 way top.

Anyone have a Cobra Fly-Z or Formstripe stand bag? I love the divider setup on them. Would be perfect for someone like me who doesn't necessarily want a 14-way divider but carries driver, 2 woods, 2 hybrids. But I haven't really been able to find any info on the rest of the bag, e.g. straps, compartments, etc. Any thoughts?
$_1.JPG

great bag, I have the puma formstripe bag, it's for sale on bay right now, because I walk all the time and needed a lighter bag so I bought the cobra x lite bag, the 8 way divider works great, it was just too heavy for my hilly course. The cobra/ puma bags are top quality, straps are great, the formstripe bag has a huge water bottle pocket, the cobra bag x lite bag the pocket is too small for my taste but that is my only complaint with either of these two bags. Both of them are better than the sun mountain I got for Xmas from my wife which had this horrible stiff handle that dug into my back sold that and took a chance on puma/cobra, glad I did cause think there are well designed and made bags.

For all you folks near a PGA Superstore, or at least those in the Dallas area, they are doing the $50 off a new bag if you bring in an old one.

great bag, I have the puma formstripe bag, it's for sale on bay right now, because I walk all the time and needed a lighter bag so I bought the cobra x lite bag, the 8 way divider works great, it was just too heavy for my hilly course. The cobra/ puma bags are top quality, straps are great, the formstripe bag has a huge water bottle pocket, the cobra bag x lite bag the pocket is too small for my taste but that is my only complaint with either of these two bags. Both of them are better than the sun mountain I got for Xmas from my wife which had this horrible stiff handle that dug into my back sold that and took a chance on puma/cobra, glad I did cause think there are well designed and made bags.

Awesome, thanks. I may pick one of these up soon. I don't have any Cobra clubs in my bag currently, but that's never stopped me before when it comes to buying a bag from a brand that I don't carry any clubs from. I've always been more concerned with how things fit, and with my current club setup, I think this is the way to go.

My Sun Mountain Three 5 already has holes in the ball pocket and the smaller pocket above. Every once in a while I will open up the ball pocket to a grip sticking through. Surprised this bag has gone so quickly, my other SM bags have lasted much longer.

For all you folks near a PGA Superstore, or at least those in the Dallas area, they are doing the $50 off a new bag if you bring in an old one.

Lol I'm going to check our MCO one if this is true. Want the new SUN MOUNTAIN XCR Stand bag in red/blue.

Finally got a bag that would fit the theme of the headcovers I got a few months ago. Think it's a good match!

4f3bf50b405b3289bd9824cfec2aa11f.jpg

296dfdc8874d2bcc560254f688b4f770.jpg

nice Nate. I've had that version(different colors) for almost 2 months now. Really like it. Been great to carry and to ride with.

Left or Right shoulder carry?

I've always been more comfortable carrying my bag on my left shoulder even though I'm right handed, don't know why. Most all carry bags are padded/designed to be carried on the right shoulder. However, they do make left handed carry bags; I ordered my last one (Sun Mountain) through Edwin Watts.

Very nice Nate! I like that a lot.

Beauty of a bag, Nate. Been gaming the 2015 version since late December and it still looks brand new and is a pleasure to carry

3cd9fbd955bf87996bda1dbe87914d33.jpg

So, I'm in the market for a new carrybag.

Demands:
- Light
- Lots of storage (water, rain gear, range finder, tees-balls-gloves, food etc)
- Not Wilson
- No flashy colors

Wishes:
- Doesn't make everything soaked in rain
- Extremely comfortable straps
- Durable, seriously durable
- Lots of dividers, I don't like the clutter

I used to have the PING CRAZ-E lite. Used it for years, not a lot of storage room and all but usable in rainy situations. And I'd like more dividers then it has.
Now I have a Nike bag, not very durable unfortunately. Room is good and 14-way divider is nice. Does get soaked easily in rain and we have a lot of rain here.

I'm thinking the Titleist StaDry, though it lacks the dividers I'd like. Any options I'm missing apart from H2No and Callaway?

Ordered a Titleist StaDry in Charcoal/White/Orange.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which Sun Mountain stand bag this is? Not the best picture.. But a friend of friend has it sitting around and said I could take it for a little bit of nothing.

Does anyone know which Sun Mountain stand bag this is? Not the best picture.. But a friend of friend has it sitting around and said I could take it for a little bit of nothing.

Without seeing the top or the other side it could be a 3Five, 4Five or the K2O

Without seeing the top or the other side it could be a 3Five, 4Five or the K2O

Ended up being a 3Five. Scored it for $25!

My callaway fusion 14 bag came in today. I love the looks of it.
66fe13232372324e8434f8400929a13a.jpg
a86ba986eb16964a94531d65c827b185.jpg
d0cadb9a89546c729f585c97b5fb64e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bag intrigues me a lot. This and the C130S. Gives best of both worlds

Back