SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Im really looking forward to following along with everybody that orders. Its quite cool and the more I learn the more into it I am.

You said I'd have my interest piqued by it, and you were right. Pretty excited to really get to see and break down the workouts...and to hurt...mass soreness incoming, I know it.

Bumpity for the evening crowd, this one is going to be a fun/interesting one.

Like everyone else I'm interested in following along. I love that everything you need comes with it.

After talking to the wife I pulled the trigger on this. While my wife is not a huge golfer she is excited to try this out with me. 45 minute workouts three days a week is a perfect balance so we don't take a lot of time away from the kids. I'm really excited to see how this goes and will make sure to give feedback along the way.

I'm hyped! I'm planning on starting next week assuming it arrives this week.

This looks really great. I've been looking for something along this line for a while now, I'm definitely interested to see what you think.

I know this isn't the "lifting heavy things up and putting them down" type of fitness which some seem to flock to, but I truly believe it will be one hell of an efficient and effective workout. Excited to get it in hand and rolling.

I know this isn't the "lifting heavy things up and putting them down" type of fitness which some seem to flock to, but I truly believe it will be one hell of an efficient and effective workout. Excited to get it in hand and rolling.

There are absolutely merits to both IMO. I look forward to this as you know.

I moved a heavy object today.
I lifted myself to the golf course.

Im fascinated by this thing and cannot wait for you to start it up.

I moved a heavy object today.
I lifted myself to the golf course.

Im fascinated by this thing and cannot wait for you to start it up.

Not quite so heavy anymore!

I really think its going to be something pretty cool. Been researching EXOS a bit the last day or so, and man, they are pretty much the top tier when it comes to athletic training.

I am really pondering this right now. I swithced my 30$ gym membership for 30$ range membership so this might just be the ticket for me.

I am really interested in following along as you are going through the program. As someone who has done some golf related exercises and stretches over the last couple of months, I am really interested to see how this compares.

I am a firm believer in my heavy lifting days being way behind me and finally admitting to being older has helped me embrace the need for added flexibility and a stronger core.

Are you following a specific nutritional plan as well as completing this program to see total results?

It's overrated and why I'm interested in this program the flexibility portion is what intrigues me the most as its a problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you following a specific nutritional plan as well as completing this program to see total results?

Nutrition, while a building block, is not the focus of this program.

Personally, I am, but IMO its not pertinent for what I am doing, the focus here is/will-be on the program at hand.

This is exactly the type of workout that I have been looking for and I'm really happy that you and THP brought this to us. I'm not a big gym guy and the lifting heavy things is not attractive to me at all. I can't wait to compare the experience and progress for those of us that purchased it. Should be fun!

I'll be following this one closely, I'm looking to augment my regular workouts with something golf-specific.

Now if I could only get that nutrition thing right ...

I received the tracking info for mine today and it will arrive on Thursday. I'm planning on starting on Monday. I got the okay from Jman to post my progress/thoughts/etc in this thread so I wanted to give you all my background.

I'm 37 years old and consider myself fairly athletic. I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 220. I played football, baseball, ran track and wrestled from 5th grade until I graduated from high school. I also dabbled in boxing and bodybuilding, but that was over 20 years ago. I started lifting weights around 12 and at my peak strength I was probably stronger than average, but I certainly wasn't performing feats of strength. When I joined the Navy in 2000, I got more into running and body weight training since I was tired of typical weight training. I've done a number of home fitness programs to include Body for Life, P90X, Insanity and Home Workout Revolution. I've also run a number of 5Ks, 10Ks and two half marathons. I've been golfing on and off since before I joined the Navy, with my most serious years being while I was stationed in Hawaii from 02-06 and then in Georgia from 06-09. I saw this program at the right time because I was about to get started with the original P90X again since I had the best results with that program. I suspect SKLZ Golf Strong is going to be a bit different, but I plan on attacking it with the same ferocity I approach any workout with. I hope to provide another perspective that you all can use when you're deciding if you want to buy the program.

For nutrition, I'm going alcohol free for the duration of the program and my diet will be high protein, high fiber.

Liftoff in T - 6 :D

Oh yes, guess what arrived last night? Yep!

Will get pics done tonight or tomorrow morning of the kit and get them up but I'll say honestly I am legitimately impressed with the quality going on here. Probably going to do the first day of it tomorrow and then fall into a M/W/F routine for my 3/week thereafter. Looking forward to giving everyone as much feedback as I can.

This looks very intriguing

Will get pics done tonight or tomorrow morning of the kit and get them up but I'll say honestly I am legitimately impressed with the quality going on here. Probably going to do the first day of it tomorrow and then fall into a M/W/F routine for my 3/week thereafter. Looking forward to giving everyone as much feedback as I can.

Really looking forward to this one!

Yessir! Mine will arrive today. Can't wait to get started!

I just ordered my program today looking forward to seeing how much my flexibility improves, the distance and accuracy will be interesting as well.

Do we know what types of movements this uses, specifically any jumping involved? I've had to skip out on P90x because my neighbors downstairs would NOT be excited about me doing plyo at 6am or 9pm

Do we know what types of movements this uses, specifically any jumping involved? I've had to skip out on P90x because my neighbors downstairs would NOT be excited about me doing plyo at 6am or 9pm

I've not put the DVD's in yet, but I will be able to tell you tomorrow!

Back