Rory Mcilroy wins and receives next to no love on THP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
How is it possible that Rory can win a tournament and get so little recognition on here? Normally there's a what's in the bag thread for winners, loads of people congratulating them etc etc.
Yet here is a guy who's been experiencing a slump for a while and has his own thread yet no one has posted on it for nearly 2 months. Is it because he won in Australia and that "doesn't really count'. I just don't get it. Even the tournament coverage via the thread was abysmal.
I'm not attacking THP or anyone, I'm just surprised is all.

I think you are absolutely right, the guy has had a long slump and it seems like stuff is ticking back together, lets hope to see him atop Leaderboards more often.

Golf takes a back seat to many, including me, this time of year. College football and the NFL have many of our attention right now

Too right bud. I admit I had all but written him off but he's got far too much talent to be a player that fades into obscurity.

Yea I know there's some love for him in there but compare that to any other player that wins a tournament in the US. I'm not saying he's getting NO recognition, I'm saying he's getting very little and it surprises me.

See my previous post. Most are paying attention to other sports right now

Golf takes a back seat to many, including me, this time of year. College football and the NFL have many of our attention right now

Yea I know there's some love for him in there but compare that to any other player that wins a tournament in the US. I'm not saying he's getting NO recognition, I'm saying he's getting very little and it surprises me.

Yeah, I watched a total of zero minutes of this tournament. Pro golf season is over as far as I'm concerned.

FWIW,
We rarely put out a WITB for the winner immediately.
Confirmation from the sponsor, so send a message to Nike on why they have not sent it yet.

But to be fair, there was a HUGE launch today involving TaylorMade Golf and the 2014 Morgan Cup.
There is a huge equipment launch coming from Callaway tomorrow.
Guys are headed to CA as part of the #Grandaddy next week.
The 2014 events schedule is rolling out every day.

Things take time and to think there is some bias over not putting out a WITB immediately after a tournament ends on the other side of the world is just not accurate.

And lets not forget that in the US, its a holiday weekend.

I didn't even know there was golf being played on the underside of the globe.

Not a single golf tournament since the FedEx has gotten much attention. Stenson won the Euro title too and it was barely talked about. No idea why your panties are in a bunch about Rory as that thread actually had more responses than any other event I mentioned.

Football and a little holiday called Thanksgiving probably contributing. Honestly, until the tournaments are on NBC over the weekends, I don't really pay attention.

See your point now.

Not a single golf tournament since the FedEx has gotten much attention. Stenson won the Euro title too and it was barely talked about. No idea why your panties are in a bunch about Rory as that thread actually had more responses than any other event I mentioned.

OH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
My panties are not in a bunch. This is a golfing forum is it not? I simply started a thread saying I was surprised he is getting very little recognition after going through a slump and I get a numpty telling me my panties are in a bunch. I'd use expletives here if I could cos now I truly am F*#&@D off.

Glad Rory won and all but field strength is pretty low. Just don't think it deserves anywhere near the same level of discussion that a PGA Tour event or Euro Tour event.

Again, glad he won and hope he is back on the right track. Rory playing well is good for golf

OH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
My panties are not in a bunch. This is a golfing forum is it not? I simply started a thread saying I was surprised he is getting very little recognition after going through a slump and I get a numpty telling me my panties are in a bunch. I'd use expletives here if I could cos now I truly am F*#&@D off.

Lol! Okay...

GO RORY!!!

I watched it last night and thought the golf between Rory and Scott was real good. Was also excited that Rory pulled it off. Like a lot of things here lately, I just haven't posted about it even though I was pretty excited about it.

I have been traveling today and did not even know about RMc. Glad he won and seems to be turning his game back around. He is one of the few today not named Tiger who move the needle. I am like most here though, on a long holiday weekend I would probably not have even known that he won, I would have been doing what I am doing right now, watching the NFL.

Pro golf season is over as far as I'm concerned.

I can see how that happens with the sports schedules the way they are but a bit different on the euro tour, season climax event one week, new "season" starts the next week.
I think that's ridiculous but means I'm still looking out for results so see what's going on all over.

So can understand lack of activity but also thought there might be a bit more with the two big players battling it out. But it's a community and community does what community wants, can't force it :D

FWIW,
We rarely put out a WITB for the winner immediately.
Confirmation from the sponsor, so send a message to Nike on why they have not sent it yet.

But to be fair, there was a HUGE launch today involving TaylorMade Golf and the 2014 Morgan Cup.
There is a huge equipment launch coming from Callaway tomorrow.
Guys are headed to CA as part of the #Grandaddy next week.
The 2014 events schedule is rolling out every day.

Things take time and to think there is some bias over not putting out a WITB immediately after a tournament ends on the other side of the world is just not accurate.

And lets not forget that in the US, its a holiday weekend.

And too add something else. Patience is a virtue. Its up on our home page.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?51113-Rory-McIlroy-Wins-Down-Under-WITB

There was golf this weekend?

There was golf this weekend?

Must've been while us here in the states were sleeping off our Turkey-comas.

Regardless, it's not a major and the WITB is up now. I think it's problem solved.

JB is right, I can't ever remember a WITB thread going up until at least the next day at the earliest.

This isn't a prime time for golf and add in to the fact that it's Thanksgiving weekend in the US, I'm sure very few even knew this tournament was happening. There was over a page of Rory winning talk in the tournament thread, not sure what else was expected really.

Mmmmmmm...............turkey coma :hypnotized:

Easy there killer lol.

OH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back