Yonex EZONE XP Fairway Woods Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those THP'rs lucky enough to have attended a THP Demo Day (or participated in a subsequent forum testing) can attest to the fact that Yonex is a company that may not be a household name (today), but produces high performing equipment. The new XP line of metalwoods features some cool technology that I'll highlight below. All items in the series have similar technology, but this thread will focus on the fairway woods.

POWER BREAKTHROUGH

Revolutionary Dual Tungsten Power [DTP] System delivers ultimate power output.

The EZONE XP range features the YONEX Dual Tungsten Power [DTP] System - an innovative engineering breakthrough that produces maximum power and distance. The newly designed DTP System, featuring Tungsten in both the grip and club head, works in conjunction with the Lightweight Shaft.
The result is a swing that delivers an explosive power breakthrough with the same effort, adding more yards to your game.

ClubFlexLoft*Lie*Head WeightLengthSwing Weight
#3 R/S/SL15°58° 215.5g43"D0
#5R/S/SL18°58.5°219.5g42.5"D0

*Loft, lie and face angle are independently adjustable.

L/H available in #3 R/S/SL and #5 R/S/SL.

This is a fully adjustable fairway wood that features a Carbon Composite Crown (which enables weight manipulation to improve launch conditions), and backweighted grip with 20g of Tungsten powder at the butt end.

Stay tuned for updates, but for now, enjoy some pictures...

DSCN3742-L.jpg

DSCN3746-L.jpg

DSCN3752-L.jpg

DSCN3753-L.jpg

DSCN3754-L.jpg

DSCN3751-L.jpg

DSCN3744-L.jpg

DSCN3743-L.jpg

DSCN3755-L.jpg

DSCN3757-L.jpg

DSCN3749-L.jpg

DSCN3750-L.jpg

DSCN3758-L.jpg

DSCN3760-L.jpg

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

I love the gear Yonex puts out.

Damn these look good.

Very sharp looking. Yet simple, nice lines.

• Staff
Posting this here as well.

Here's a little graphic on the adjustability.Shows the driver, but it's the same with the entire line.

2828.jpg

2829.jpg

Those colors are gorgeous

Just gorgeous. Yonex is really bringing it with the new clubs they're putting out. Hope they perform as well as they look, they'll have a real winner on their hands.

The colors are slick. Seems like copying a certain company with the back weighting though

Pretty nice looking club, but I can't stand orange on a crown. Not sure why either, I would love to get my hands on a Yonex product I have only heard good things but have never had the opportunity to hit one.

Great looking club, and that orange is awesome.

Wow, I like this one. Yonex was super big before and looks like this one will bring them back in the game for sure.

Wow, those look awesome. Can't wait to hear how they perform. I like the adjustability. It seems a lot if companies are going with max adjustability.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Black and orange isn't my favorite color combination but I like the adjustability and the back-weighting is neat to see as well.

Wow really liking the looks of these clubs. Nice to see some orange out there besides Cobra's clubs.

Great looking club. Love the colors. Can't wait to hear more on this.

I must not have noticed on the driver and the hybrid, but even the grip has some style and details to it, looks like Yonex really tailored all the details on this one!

Similar to the driver and hybrids, looks just a good.

Looks great, just like the driver!

These Yonex clubs look absolutely STUNNING

Sorry for the lack of updates here. Still getting caught up after the Grandaddy.

Testing is pretty much wrapped up on this. A few quick observations...

-The head seems huge to me. Pretty shallow, which is nice, but from back to front it's just a very big club to my eyes.
-Not the easiest fairway wood to hit for me. I think some of that is related to the profile. It's just a very big club and I'm not a huge fan of that.
-Feels good in the swing. Shaft is smooth.
-Reasonably forgiving.
-Nothing really stands out to me performance wise.
-Technologically speaking, there is a lot going on. I like the adjustability and was able to get my launch up a bit pretty easily.

Back