Northwestern Mutual World Challenge Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
This is the week for Tiger Woods' annual invitational tournament to benefit his foundation. There's always some chatter about this tournament because the golf calendar is pretty light this time of year, and the field is pretty strong even though it's very small with only 18 players. This is the final year for this tournament at Sherwood Country Club in California, as the tournament is moving to Isleworth in Orlando in 2014.

The field this year is stacked with stars all over the place, I'm looking forward to watching it Thursday through Sunday.

Field:
Tiger Woods
Graeme McDowell
Rory McIlroy
Lee Westwood
Ian Poulter
Jason Dufner
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan
Jordan Spieth
Dustin Johnson
Zach Johnson
Bubba Watson
Jim Furyk
Steve Stricker
Keegan Bradley
Jason Day
Webb Simpson
Bill Haas

This is always fun to watch, G-mac seems to be particulary suited for this tournament. I'm a little bummed their moving to Isleworth next year as the camera shot from the tower behind the players as they approach the 18th is the best in the game.

My company is pretty proud of this tournament, I only wish they were a little more accommodating with giving employees tickets... should be a fun watch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My company is pretty proud of this tournament, I only wish they were a little more accommodating with giving employees tickets... should be a fun watch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Maybe you guys can get a company outing at the event in Florida next year!

Looking forward to attending this again this year. I'll be there Saturday to watch Dustin take it.

Looking forward to attending this again this year. I'll be there Saturday to watch Dustin take it.

I may go out and watch it on Saturday also. That or go play somewhere.

I always enjoy this tournament, good small field and shot of golf in December.

I think Tiger could have accommodated Dufner's wish to schedule his tee time around the Auburn game.

So quiet...it's even on TV

LOL Jason Dufner tried to put a big rock he found in a bunker in Keegan's bag. That was great.

I was reading online today about Tiger and Dufner jabbing back and forth, I wonder how much of it is out of fun and how much Tiger really wants to put a hurting on Dufner in this tournament now.

Always a fun one to watch. A lot of guys just appear to have fun with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tiger and Kuch threw darts on 18

Looks like Zach Johnson has the See More working today. 67 with 7 birdies, 5 on huge back 9

Tapping away on my iPhone

I was reading online today about Tiger and Dufner jabbing back and forth, I wonder how much of it is out of fun and how much Tiger really wants to put a hurting on Dufner in this tournament now.
I really think it's all in good fun.

I am rooting for Kooch!!! He deserves it. He played very good today from what I saw.

Kuch has been playing great golf the last several weeks! He and Tiger obviously enjoy playing together.

Hopefully the pairing of Tiger and Kuchar don't hit strong winds. With pants those baggy they may just blow away.

hahahahahahaha, Dufner putting the giant rock in Bradley's bag.. that's funny.

Coverage on Golf Channel now. Some guys are throwing darts out there today.

Tiger seems to be striking it super well. He's hit great approach shots on every hole so far and is nestled up close to the pin on the 4'th hole.

Bubba playing "Bubba Golf" great eagle just now

i bet there have been many outbursts of emotion in the stricker-dufner pairing

I have always enjoyed watching them play this course, they played the Shark Shootout @ Sherwood when it first Started

I have always enjoyed watching them play this course, they played the Shark Shootout @ Sherwood when it first Started

I agree. The course always looks immaculate & the holes look awesome on tv. (HD prob helps a little :)

Sad it's the last year it will be here. Doesn't it move to Isleworth next year?

Back