Heck of a golf shot.....

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Holy smokes that was impressive!!!!!

I saw that a little while ago. Have to remember that shot in case I get into some trouble.

I'd be scared of snapping my club on the post. Or hitting myself in the face on the bounce back...

That was great.

Reminds me of Jimenez's shot from the British Open

My first round on the Old Course, one of the guys I was playing with went right on 17 and was next to the famout wall on the Road Hole. He basically did the same shot as the yahoo article showed expect he didn't make it on the green, close but not quite. I was still impressed.

Saw that clip a few minutes ago...it was basically the only "shot" he had to get to the green and it lined up perfectly. Can't say I would have the same luck, who knows, but it was a heck of a shot!

It is always cool to see success on unusual shots like this. My ball would have missed the post and ended up out of bounds and I'd be placing the ball back there and hitting 4, LOL.

Well, that was fun!

It is always cool to see success on unusual shots like this. My ball would have missed the post and ended up out of bounds and I'd be placing the ball back there and hitting 4, LOL.

That's what I was thinking too....hehe

Amazing Golf Shot Video

Amazing Golf Shot Video

Saw this video and thought others would enjoy it too! Would you have the guts to try and pull it off?

I probably wouldn't try it l. Maybe if it was a competition round and it was the only way of staying in the match. I'd be nervous about damaging my club tho which means I wouldn't be 100% committed.

That's incredible. Definitely something I'd never try. I wouldn't try it in casual golf, and I wouldn't try it in a minor tournament. Only time I can think I would would be if I were playing in a USGA amateur or something, but I don't think I'd do it there for fear of embarrassing myself.

Besides, if I tried it, the ball would miss the post, rocket into the field and OB, and I'd snap my club head off.

A few things.

1. Props for the guy for trying it out and pulling it off.
2. Surprised he didnt break his wrists
3. Dude in the shorts cant possibly pull his socks up any higher

Takes me back to the days in the cart barn where we would use old clubs and try stupid crap. It has helped with my creativity but I dont know if I would have envisioned that shot

That would be the shot I would try for recovery after hitting a drive "Happy Gilmore" style, that went astray.

He pulled it off real well.

That was Rodney Dangerfield in the hat.

Jackal

I think I could miss the post from that distance. Amazing shot.

That was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never have even thought of trying a shot like that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it was a mess around scramble I would probably try it just to say I did. This is definitely some creativity and concentration. My luck I would miss the pole completely and sail one OB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back