Your Halloween Costume

Diane

Reaction score
Ok we discussed your online persona, but I think Halloween costumes often reflect a person's true self. So do you plan to dress up for Halloween? If yes, what are you going to be?

We decorate for the kids but don't dress up.

No, we aren't that mean to the dogs!

It's not mean - just ask Bogey and Gasman.

A bunch of people at work are planning to dress up - they're trying to do a "theme" of super heroes or villains. Not sure if I'll join in or not though - I haven't worn a costume since probably 6th grade.

Since 6th grade Osahar? Wow! You should definitely dress up unless you think they're planning a big practical joke where you'll be the only one in costume.

According to the NY Times - I posted the article in another thread - can't remember where - Halloween is one of the holidays that make people happy. I agree - there's something in the air that night. Around here the night before is mischief night though.

Nah, no practical jokes. The "ringleader" has worked in the building for about 7 years now and is known for her costume/decorating expertise. She's worked her way up to current position through several other programs. My favorite one she did was her group of about 10 ppl did a full Alice in Wonderland setup. Decorated their "pod" of cubicles and had everyone in costume for it.

She's also known for her costumes at DragonCon every year in Atlanta - especially her Strawberry Shortcake costume. I've seen pictures of her pop up in several places.

No costume here, but Hubby has a mask he'l don to answer the door later in the evening, when the little kids are done and only the teenagers are out, grabbing candy and being rude. He's had the mask longer than Boo has been alive, and it still scares her. It's pretty creepy.

Since we are pretty much 20 years younger than most people in our new neighborhood I do not plan on dressing up. The last time I dressed up for Halloween it was about 5 years ago and I didn't end up getting any kids at the door so I just sat on my couch in my biker chick outfit eating twix and snickers until I passed out from a sugar coma.

I didn't end up getting any kids at the door so I just sat on my couch in my biker chick outfit eating twix and snickers until I passed out from a sugar coma.

Biker?
Spoiler
female_cyclist_wkra.jpg

Since we are pretty much 20 years younger than most people in our new neighborhood I do not plan on dressing up. The last time I dressed up for Halloween it was about 5 years ago and I didn't end up getting any kids at the door so I just sat on my couch in my biker chick outfit eating twix and snickers until I passed out from a sugar coma.

It's gotta be coming soon...

The last time I dressed up for Halloween it was about 5 years ago and I didn't end up getting any kids at the door so I just sat on my couch in my biker chick outfit eating twix and snickers until I passed out from a sugar coma.

GG - That is so funny and so sad at the same time.

Vampire. from the 1920's...

got the teeth, a friend is taking me to pick up some make-up, few shades lighter than my skin tone. and I got the suit all ready to go.

For those that watch True Blood.

Think early Bill Compton.

Biker?
Spoiler
female_cyclist_wkra.jpg

It was more of a Daytona Biker Bash type of get up. Think leather, bandanna, and dog collar.

GG - That is so funny and so sad at the same time.

I was so excited too, it was the first time I had ever dressed up to answer the door for the kids on Halloween. The good/bad part of it was that I only bought candy I liked which is how I ended up passed out on the couch in the sugar coma.

It was more of a Daytona Biker Bash type of get up. Think leather, bandanna, and dog collar.

Wear that again this year and I will dress up, drive to Sarasota, and ring your bell as many times as you want.

Back