Drogster

Reaction score
Handicap
???
I posted on a pervious thread, Wedge Finishes, that I am thinking of replacing my 56* wedge for the New Year and that I was interested in the new MD2 wedges.
At present my line up is as follows;

PW (PING XG10) 46*
UW (CG 16 Black Pearl wedge) 52*
SW (CG 16 Black Pearl wedge) 56*
LW (CG 16 Black Pearl wedge) 60*

The loft spacing I think are generally good, but after studying the different lofts and grinds of the MD2 range, I’m debating if I should choose a different loft for my SW considering the new Grind options, given that the C grind, as I understand, is a more versatile club. E.g. 58* “C Grind”?
I generally play links courses say 85% of the time, so would the higher loft and grind benefit my game? Or I’m I barking up the wrong tree….wouldn’t be the first time! :bulgy-eyes:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC the C grind is a heel/toe grind. I play with the TM ATV wedges, which have a heel/toe grind and I would say that the only reason to go up to 58° is if you wanted to get rid of the 60° and add another club somewhere else. The thing that the C Grind does is make that 56 more versatile so you can easily open it up and create shots you would normally reserve for a 58 or 60 (or toe it down to get a lower shot than standard). Now if you use all your wedges from the fairway with full swings then you still might want the 60 for those closer yardages or replace it with a 62° or 64° to give you a Phil flop shot without having to flop.

Back