Confessions of a closet chutter

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
As shameful as it may sound, I chutted through about 6 yards of rough today. Hole 7 at my home course is a tough par 5 with a long narrow green. The pin was all the way on the back right of the green today. I had a 98 yard approach shot to the pin and caught an almost full 54* perfectly and thought I would be just right of the hole pin high or a little behind the hole at the worst. The pin was tucked behind a hill on the green so I could not see where the ball ended up when I stopped my push cart about 10 yards short of the green so I just grabbed my putter, confident that I was on the green, and started walking towards the back of the green. After walking about 30 yards towards the hole, I could see the hole but my ball was nowhere in site. After another 10 or so paces, I finally spotted the ball about 6 yards past the edge of the fringe sitting on top of the rough. I looked back at my bag about 40 yards away and decided, inspired by Mike Dean, to just go at it with the putter I had in my hand as I had started on the back 9 so had already walked 16 holes. Took a healthy cut with the putter and got it to the green about 12 feet short of the hole. It all worked out since I drained that 12 footer for par then had a nice laugh.

Not my proudest moment on the golf course, but I guess "creativity" sometimes pays dividends!

I would have never guessed.

Chutting is awesome.

Hahaha those rounds together already paying dividends

Oh I do that all the time. Whatever it takes.

Embrace the chutt!

Chutting is a man's game.

Scott no shame in chutting. Have done just that in last year's Gauntlet. Embrace it when all else fails

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This is the only situation I would ever consider chutting, I just don't understand it

I chut with my irons all the time. Much simpler motion than a chip. Way less pressure too.

Chutt or do not, there is no try!

been around far too many years to ever feel shameful about anything at all.
The way I horribly played my greenside short game today I would have happily taken that shot to 12 feet. In fact the way I used my choice clubs for close chipping today I probably should have tried using my putter.
Whatever gets us in the hole. it doesn't matter. I could have got down and hit the ball like a pool cue and done better.

Sox, Sox, Sox. You of all people. I can't believe you would do that to a poor innocent putter...

Everyone knows that's what a foot wedge is for.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

There's no pictures on a scorecard!

Back