Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your thoughts...

if I have a late tee off (after 9 am), I will have a beer at the turn. It can sometimes do wonders for a bad round

Most of the time, golf with our league is a social event and alcohol is usually present.
I'll usually have a few beers or if winter conditions are present, I'll have a bottle of Captain Morgan's in the bag.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Normally I drink one can of beer on 2nd or 3rd hole. Never drink on back nine. No drunk driving for me. One time beer cart girl asked me on 18th hole. smh.

Sometimes I'll have a few drinks, sometimes I won't. Never enough to get hammered but sometimes a little buzz is nice if I'm not driving home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very rarely during a round, vary often after a round.

Maybe 1 per 9. If it's a day that no one is out there, may tie on 4-5.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Water or Gatorade for me, that's it.

I don't drink alcohol at all but don't care if others do as long as they don't get stupid (on or off the course).

For me it is largely dependent on the situation. If it's just a fun round I will have a few or more. In a team event or a situation where a partner is dependent on my performance to a certain degree, I will usually avoid it.

JM
Exactly Mojo, all depends on the round/event

Limit - drink as much as you want as long as you're not an a**hole.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I don't normally drink on the course, because (1) the beer cart is a rip-off and (2) because I can feel the effects in my balance and focus even after one beer. When I do have a beer it'll be at the turn and one will usually gonna do it for me. Lucky for me I'm past the point of needing "swing lube" when I play.

I really don't drink when I play and really don't care if other people do. I do think sometimes people have to much but we're both adults and they can do what they want.

It depends on the situation. If is a competition of some kind I won't drink. If it's a fun round with friends I will have a couple. I certainly don't mind if others drink as long as it doesn't impact our play too much.

I rarely drink, but if I do it might be one beer after a round.

My weekend group starts off with a toast to the golf gods on #1. Then any birdie is a sip, an eagle is 2 sips. A sandy, woody or housey is a sip. Everybody on the green of a par 3, sip.
The traditional sip on #4 tee box, of course.
Another toast to start the back.

Those are for the group. If anyone does any of the above, we all drink.

Wow, seeing that now, we might have a problem but fortunately, we all bring a flask. We rarely run out.

My weekend group starts off with a toast to the golf gods on #1. Then any birdie is a sip, an eagle is 2 sips. A sandy, woody or housey is a sip. Everybody on the green of a par 3, sip.
The traditional sip on #4 tee box, of course.
Another toast to start the back.

Those are for the group. If anyone does any of the above, we all drink.

Wow, seeing that now, we might have a problem but fortunately, we all bring a flask. We rarely run out.
Brilliant!

Brilliant!

When we're having "a round for the ages" the calls to "SIP" can be heard far and wide.
Nothing like the clubhouse knowing somebody had a good round before you get back.

Does this include tailgating before you play?

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

I like to have a couple for a casual round, maybe two a side, I figure that's one per hour which is nothing crazy. In a scramble I may have a couple more as it is mainly for fun.

Very very rarely drink while playing. If I get dragged into a scramble I'll have my fair share of drinks to get through the long round.

I am good with a few beers or a strong mixed drink. If it is more than that I stop being able to concentrate. I have found my happy zone over the years

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Very very rarely drink while playing. If I get dragged into a scramble I'll have my fair share of drinks to get through the long round.

That's what we missed dude

That's what we missed dude
Agreed! if we were playing the scramble for the second round we would have tapped into something.

Depends on the round. Scrambles? Sure why not, I'm only there to be a vessel of "swing out of your shoes please" demands and entertainment.

Weekend rounds are usually played in the mornings, which has me leaving my brews for the post round bar time.

I would say in casual rounds I'll have a few per side, if it's a scramble a few more. Just having a few doesn't hurt my game.

Back