Going to sleep replaying round in head

thiggy

Reaction score
Handicap
Most nights when I go to sleep I replay every single shot in my head. I basically go through every lie, everything, kind of like counting sheep. I generally do this with the last round I played until I play again. I find this easier on my home course because I know every spot and view out there. Definitely helps clear the head and relax.

Does anybody else do this?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I do that too, a lot. In fact when I get home, Nerfny will either ask about the round and I tell her about almost every shot, or she says give me a couple of highlights. I'ma fan of looking back a the round(s) and seeing if there was something I could have done better, besides execution.

I usually do after each round. Will go back and add up my FW's, bad tee shots, GIR's, putts and then find 2-3 mistakes I made that cost me strokes that I could have saved. Usually sleep like a baby after I'm done.

I do that too, a lot. In fact when I get home, Nerfny will either ask about the round and I tell her about almost every shot, or she says give me a couple of highlights. I'ma fan of looking back a the round(s) and seeing if there was something I could have done better, besides execution.

Exactly what I do to, well except for telling Nerfny of course. Typically I like to reflect on what worked well with course management and what I needed to do differently.

I'll replay the round in my head to see where I could have saved some strokes and try to remember to do just that next time out.

I do this all the time. Its a curse really.

I do this all the time. Its a curse really.

A curse indeed. I like to do it and identify and trends/consistant misses from the day.

Last night it was my bad luck on two shots that was replaying in my head. I hit 2 nearly perfect approach shots on the 10th and 11th holes yesterday that both resulted in bogies. The one on 10 had to be hit short of the flag and at edge pf the green to get close and I missed my landing spot by about 18", hit a sprinkler head and it bounced 30 feet over the back of the green. The next hole was a 156 downwind downhill par 3 with a creek running across the hole right in front of the green. I hit my tee shot 8 feet from the cup and it spun back 4 feet, just enough to roll off the front fringe and into the hazard. One of those days!

On a regular basis! I then think about what I should have done on this shot or that chip....and so on!

Exactly what I do to, well except for telling Nerfny of course. Typically I like to reflect on what worked well with course management and what I needed to do differently.

I mean if you want to you can call her and let her know how did you. She'd probably rather listen to you anyway.

Most nights when I go to sleep I replay every single shot in my head. I basically go through every lie, everything, kind of like counting sheep. I generally do this with the last round I played until I play again. I find this easier on my home course because I know every spot and view out there. Definitely helps clear the head and relax.

Does anybody else do this?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

before netflix this is the only way i could fall asleep. that, or drinking heavily.

I mean if you want to you can call her and let her know how did you. She'd probably rather listen to you anyway.

Nah she'll think I'm a telemarketer or something....hahaha besides I love to warm Lee get that glasses over look when I go into detail about my round. Simple pleasures

Nah she'll think I'm a telemarketer or something....hahaha besides I love to warm Lee get that glasses over look when I go into detail about my round. Simple pleasures

yeah it's the little things in life haha

I do not think about rounds unless talking with someone. I play and leave he course. On to other things in life.

When I CAN'T fall asleep and my mind is just going and going, I'll do this. It helps calm me down and focus on one thing, which usually gets me to sleep. For what it's worth, I usually don't finish the front 9 before I fall asleep. ha ha ha

I have a tendency to run through the details of a round before I fall asleep. Helps me fall asleep pretty quickly.

When i struggle to fall asleep i usually pick a familiar round (within the last two weeks) and do the same thing. Try to remember as much detail as i can.. Don't normally make it past the 5th hole.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this. I do it all the time as well. I almost never get through an entire round before falling asleep, sometimes I'll barely get started.

Something else I'll do the night before a round is go through each hole and sort of plan my strategy for my next round. Assuming it's at a course I'm very familiar with.

I usually don't. But, I have tried it before and it always amazes me I can remember every detail of every shot, and am able to play the whole round over again in my head if I wanted too. If only I could put that memory power to good use, lol.

When I CAN'T fall asleep and my mind is just going and going, I'll do this. It helps calm me down and focus on one thing, which usually gets me to sleep. For what it's worth, I usually don't finish the front 9 before I fall asleep. ha ha ha
Same for me. Only when I'm really struggling to sleep. I never make it past the third or fourth hole.

I do this a lot! thinking of how I could have payed shots differently or even how I probably should have played a shot. Cant say it helps me fall asleep, if anything it keeps me up longer. But I can't stop doing it.

Back