Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

hi, me again. this driver continues to be automatic. 11 fairways again today, though of the 14 tee shots i only pulled driver on 10 of those and i hit all but 2 fairways. 1 of those misses was literally 2 feet off the left, and the other was hit great just caught a bad break. with the rogue silver it's awesome. i gps'd everything today and on every drive i was 255-275, which is big for me. i might dial the loft up from "RIGHT" which is the lowest setting but the least draw bias to one or two clicks back toward center, just because there's nothing high launch about the rogue silver.

i honestly have -0- desire to switch. ...said me never.

i honestly have -0- desire to switch. ...said me never.
I came here JUST to see if I could figure out where you were with this driver......

I'm kind of depressed now, thanks.

kuchar just teed off with this driver at the us open. guess he pulled the jgr. wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kuchar just teed off with this driver at the us open. guess he pulled the jgr. wonder why?

That's the first thing I noticed. Hard to miss that club eh?

That's the first thing I noticed. Hard to miss that club eh?

the crown of his actually looks custom, a little murdered out instead of all white. but yeah, nothing looks quite like the Optimus Prime special.

After letting one go a while back, I got my hands on another 815 and took it to the range this morning.
I do not understand how this shot could possibly have gone straight, but it did. It was the first swing, and it was really kind of a nice draw, mid-flight, but went right where I was aiming.

How, Bridgestone? How!?!?
Spoiler
IMG_20160828_101036_zpsf7tq2owb.jpg
I seriously hit like half the ball and it went straight. Also, about 200 yards. Not great but damn forgiving!

Furthermore, after I swapped in a RIP Phenom, I was hitting flat out bombs with this thing. High, straight, lots of rollout, consistent. Going to love this, and not letting this one go.

After letting one go a while back, I got my hands on another 815 and took it to the range this morning.
I do not understand how this shot could possibly have gone straight, but it did. It was the first swing, and it was really kind of a nice draw, mid-flight, but went right where I was aiming.

How, Bridgestone? How!?!?
Spoiler
IMG_20160828_101036_zpsf7tq2owb.jpg
I seriously hit like half the ball and it went straight. Also, about 200 yards. Not great but damn forgiving!

my miss recently has been toe side, and this driver flat out performs in that area. it's spectacular. I wish more people would try this driver. I don't need anything else out of a driver head.

I've never been more uninterested in new drivers than I am after having this in the bag.

So, I was stoked to try a J815 driver...only available in right hand dexterity. Damn it.

i've seen a few of these on the marketplace recently, and i think most retailers are discounting them pretty heavily. anybody pick one up recently? would love to read a little feedback from others. i survived the epic release and am continuing to keep this in the bag. it's just too good to tinker with.

i've seen a few of these on the marketplace recently, and i think most retailers are discounting them pretty heavily. anybody pick one up recently? would love to read a little feedback from others. i survived the epic release and am continuing to keep this in the bag. it's just too good to tinker with.

One of the guys I play regularly with has one in his bag that continues to live there. He's tried the new offerings from just about everyone, but this one still remains. Never hit it myself but he swears by it and he hits it well.

I have the 715 and a couple shafts so I'm always on the lookout for an 815 head. I'm was pretty disappointed to have missed out on the one in the marketplace.

Anyone still gaming this driver?

i am gaming the f8 from the morgan cup. but the j815 head is still in the garage, in case things don’t work out the f8.

kuch has this back in the bag AGAIN. i still have mine in the garage, but i don't have a shaft for it. i kinda want to remedy that just to see if it still performs like it did 6 years ago!

Back