Hogan Experience & UST Shaft Events - Travel, Accommodations and Extra Play Thread

Just to update,
I am coming in at 10:45 AM on Thursday and will rent a car, if anyone needs a ride or a pickup let me know. Saying at the TownePlace Suites in Bedford.

Finally was able to confirm bad news. Bad in that I can't stay over through Monday with having to be home.

Booked flights coming in Thursday night 9ish and leaving Sunday 7ish in the evening.. Didn't want to have any rush on Sunday.

Booked a room at the Northeast Mall & Suits.

Had a sweet deal on a minivan so can lug around buddies and clubs if needed. (If it is actually a minivan...never know..ha)

Bummer that you can't stay Monday but the way that post started I thought you were going to say you had to drop out entirely. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Unfortunately I won't be able to stay and play Monday either, I'll be heading back down to San Antonio Sunday evening...

Unfortunately I won't be able to stay and play Monday either, I'll be heading back down to San Antonio Sunday evening...
Bummer!

Hogan Experience & UST Shaft Events - Travel, Accommodations and Extra Play T...

Hogan Experience & UST Shaft Events - Travel, Accommodations and Extra Play T...

Okay guys, just checking in...

So far we've got 4 confirmed and 2 ponders for extra Monday golf and no UST takers for an extra Sunday round. Let's see if we can get this firmed up in the coming days so we can fill out that last foursome (I'm an optimist) and start looking at getting tee times booked.

Also, since it's travel / event related I'll share that I asked about shipping info and was told we are about a week or so out from getting more details.

Last edited:
We are two weeks out, lets see if we can get the golf stuff finalized, guys. From the first post:

Extra Play / Monday
IN: ArmyGolf, T4K, Afwcardinal
PONDER: djcoolaid1914, Jim54

dj & Jim - how are things looking for playing Monday? Any other locals want to join us?

Last but not least, can one of the locals look into getting the tee times reserved? I looked into it yesterday but because I'm an Oregonian I can only make a reservation a few days in advance.

Last edited:
I'll confirm that I am in for any extra rounds Monday, and I am in for any extracurricular activities Sunday evening

I will try and call the course, that I would like for us to play, tomorrow. Really looking forward to this after this past weekends THP Club Clash. THPers are a fun bunch.

I cannot play Monday, have to get home to fly out again on Tuesday for work at this point.

I will be out for Monday rounds still. Will be flying home Sunday night to fly back to Texas Monday to work. Figure that one out...haha.

I am trying to look ahead and see if it is possible, but I have Customers in the area hit by the Earthquake in Ecuador and if they need something I am going for sure to help them. With my job I never try and plan more than a day out...and sometimes that changes.

im still available for a Monday round, I've spoken with afwcardinal & tequila4kapp with my tee time restrictions. hopefully we can make it work, gotta show eddie my game improvements:banana:

im still available for a Monday round, I've spoken with afwcardinal & tequila4kapp with my tee time restrictions. hopefully we can make it work, gotta show eddie my game improvements:banana:
I've talked with a couple of courses that I would like to play Monday. One, I can only book 7 days out, the other 5 days out. Both are really good courses and not to far, for those needing to head to the airport.
If these two don't work out, there are other options that are much easier to get on and are just as easy for travel plans. Heck, there is a 36 home course right at the airport.
I will be checking on the two particular courses again this weekend. I don't expect to big of an issue with getting a tee time at one of these.

Friday weather looks horrible - 100% chance of rain, basically the entire day, and 3 inches of rain forecast. No, that's not a typo. Very high probability of rain Saturday but only 1/3 of an inch of rain forecast. The courses are going to be interesting. At least the Hogan guys will be inside Friday for the worst of it...

I don't worry about the "w******" for events. Hammock beach was forecasted for crap ton of rain all week but we had great weather other than small spurts. Have faith in JB's weather control app on his phone lol

I don't care either way. I'll play in any amount of rain and have a ton of fun while doing it.

Glad you guys aren't afraid to play in the rain, neither am I; though I hope it doesn't.

I still haven't booked a room, need to do that today...

I'm an Orgonian, playing in the rain is part of my DNA. 3 inches of rain is some serious precipitation. I'm reconsidering the clothes to bring...I'm not used to hot temps and rain together. Still wear shorts but toss on a rain jacket???

I wouldn't worry about the "W" word. The saying in Texas is always, if you don't like the weather, wait an hour. That forecast can and probably will change 2-3 times this week.

Agree, having lived in TX for 16yrs now I can say, with certainty, the weather forecast will change between now and this weekend.

Definitely shorts, and definitely bring something 'light' to keep the rain off your body.

I just set us up for a Monday tee time, 7:30 @ Texas Star. The course is very close to where you all are staying. Easy to get to.
Any problems with the time, let me know.
This will give you easy access to getting back to the airport for rental car return.

I just set us up for a Monday tee time, 7:30 @ Texas Star. The course is very close to where you all are staying. Easy to get to.
Any problems with the time, let me know.
This will give you easy access to getting back to the airport for rental car return.
Thanks so much! Sounds like a great time!

Back