What would you choose?

dwchockey13

Reaction score
Handicap
8.3 GHIN
Looking at getting a laser range finder before club clash, possibly even today...
Looking at the Bushnell tour V3, V4, and tourX
V3 is on sale right now for $249.99 without slope, $329.99 with slope
V4 will be $399.99 and ships in April
Tour x is $499.99
My question, is it worth waiting for the Tour V4? is it worth the extra money? is Slope technology worth the extra $70 on the V3? and is the Tourx worth the extra $250 (or $170 with slope) over the V3? What would you buy?
THanks guys for the input

I would sit back for a bit and wait. There is no rush since Club Clash is a bit away still and FWIW, the course has fantastic GPS built into each cart with video and full whole lay out.

Depends on what you're trying to get out of the rangefinder. If cost is important, V3 is great love mine and it works great, I don't use slope and they can be had for some good prices.

I would sit back for a bit and wait. There is no rush since Club Clash is a bit away still and FWIW, the course has fantastic GPS built into each cart with video and full whole lay out.
Yeah I just don't have one and the GPS app on my iphone/watch is finicky at times so I was looking to get one just didn't know if the V4 is worth it vs the V3 and all that. But glad to know the carts have GPS built in, always a game changer knowing distances

V3 Patriot Pack with Jolt for $240 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-Go...975504?hash=item2eec4d2990:g:gzgAAOSwG-1W1dHx

Would not spend double of this....tour x is nice but not $260 nicer IMO.
For $10 more I could pick it up at golfsmith today, and I was thinking the same thing on the v3 vs X

Depends on what you're trying to get out of the rangefinder. If cost is important, V3 is great love mine and it works great, I don't use slope and they can be had for some good prices.

Just looking to get a reliable Laser that works, don't really need the slope as I wouldn't even be able to use it in tournaments and such, just wondering differences on v3 vs v4 vs x and if it's worth the extra

For $10 more I could pick it up at golfsmith today, and I was thinking the same thing on the v3 vs X

And pay another $25-30 for tax....didn't realize you wanted today.

If you want slope that bad but want to use in tourneys then there are several models where you can disable slope. My 1M can be disabled.

If you play in any tournaments do not get a slope function unit that cannot be converted to tournament legal (the Tour X in this example). I like having the slope as I travel around a lot and it has been helpful for new courses, but it isn't essential and since I have played in several tournaments already this year it would kill me not to be able to use my rangefinder.

The Tour X is the model I would get, but $500 is a lot of dough and as JB said, if you aren't in a hurry I would wait to see if pricing comes down with new models being released.

And pay another $25-30 for tax....didn't realize you wanted today.

If you want slope that bad but want to use in tourneys then there are several models where you can disable slope. My 1M can be disabled.
haha, completely forgot you don't have to pay for tax on the bay and online mainly.... Don't need it today, but usually for a $10 difference I'll pay that to pick up today..... now for $30 difference, I can wait a bit. Just didn't know if the slope was worth even having if you can't use it in tourneys

i think slope is absolutely worth it. i don't understand the jolt, though, but a lot of people love it.

i will say this: the more expensive units seem to lock onto the target much faster than the less expensive. but "much faster" is measured in fractions of seconds. i'm happy with what i have, but i would not be happy if i paid full retail for it.

Personally I would just go with the V3 with jolt. Its the one I ended up with and couldn't be happier. But also I didn't care about slope.

Just looking to get a reliable Laser that works, don't really need the slope as I wouldn't even be able to use it in tournaments and such, just wondering differences on v3 vs v4 vs x and if it's worth the extra

From what I've seen v3 v v4 (this is without slope, I don't use it in my range finder and can't justify the extra coin to get it) The big difference is the range is 400 yds vs 300 yds and smaller faster lighter than the v3 - but both have JOLT which is huge. Dunno if that helps you.

From what I've seen v3 v v4 (this is without slope, I don't use it in my range finder and can't justify the extra coin to get it) The big difference is the range is 400 yds vs 300 yds and smaller faster lighter than the v3 - but both have JOLT which is huge. Dunno if that helps you.
It does, I grabbed the v3 at golfsmith today to hold it when I picked up my shoes and while it's smaller than the tour x... it didn't seem to lock on as fast as it, while not a huge drawback, a little faster (v4 is nice), and if I'm 350 out... I doubt Ill use a rangefinder for the pin, because there's not a club in my bag that will go that distance (unless I'm playing #internetlong :bananadance:) But I'll do what JB has said and hold out and wait, the gps on my watch is ok for now, it's lasted me this long, and wait for the v4 to officially come out and see what that does to prices)

I got my V3 with jolt and slope for $250 shipped last winter. It popped up on ebay. I'm wanting a V4. So, I may send you a pm if I decide to upgrade.

I would say it depends on your current financial situation. If it's good, buy the latest and greatest because it will be some time before it needs to be replaced. IMHO!!!

Picked up a V3 with jolt about a year ago and have no complaints. Don't play on courses with much elevation changes so I didn't think the slope feature was necessary. Heck, I estimated my yardage for 35 years before finally breaking down so I think I can estimate a few yards for slight elevation changes.

Get the V3 if you have to make a decision or hold out for a bit. There is never a need to laser something 350+ yards away and this is reliable and the Jolt thing works really well.

The other thing to consider if you haven't already is a good GPS watch. The only downside to a laser is simply taking out and putting it away. Making sure that it is back in its case so it doesn't get banged up or fall out the cart or case. The convenience of a watch is something that has me interested in the new Bushnell iON that is supposed to be coming out this month.

Back