The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving to Houston on Wednesday......guess I better make sure I-45 is open all the way down now.

I signed papers for a brand new Toyota Highlander yesterday. That would be a HHJJ.

I was supposed to pick it up today, but got a call from the dealership that in the process of prepping the car a guy clipped a wall and banged up the left rear quarter panel. Waiting to hear back on when it will be out of the body shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed papers for a brand new Toyota Highlander yesterday. That would be a HHJJ.

I was supposed to pick it up today, but got a call from the dealership that in the process of prepping the car a guy clipped a wall and banged up the left rear quarter panel. Waiting to hear back on when it will be out of the body shop.

You are still going to take it from them?
Why not pick out another from the lot?

No chance I'd take delivery. Have them find another one just like it to replace it. Shame on them for even suggesting it.

That's my thought as well. No chance I take a car off a lot that has been damaged.

No chance I'd take delivery. Have them find another one just like it to replace it. Shame on them for even suggesting it.
I agree with all these guys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Tell them you will be picking out a new one, and will happily take a discount since they damaged the one you really wanted.

Another vote for not taking delivery of a vehicle that has been wrecked without a significant discount.

No way in the world I would except that car, it would already show as in accident and devalued even more than normal when you drive it off the lot. And of course why should you have to take it? It was their mistake not yours.

1 million percent agree with the others.

100% agree with everyone else. I'd request another car.

Another vote for having them give you a replacement. Let them deal with selling a new vehicle that has already incurred damage.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm working with the GM to resolve the issue. The damage was only cosmetic. The issue was the paperwork has been processed with the VIN for that vehicle. I was told that it would not effect the car fax at all.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm working with the GM to resolve the issue. The damage was only cosmetic. The issue was the paperwork has been processed with the VIN for that vehicle. I was told that it would not effect the car fax at all.

Their mistake, their responsibility go fix the problem. Even with a clean carfax the vehicle has still had bodywork done.

Their mistake, their responsibility go fix the problem. Even with a clean carfax the vehicle has still had bodywork done.

That is them telling you something to get you to take the car.
I agree with Wake completely. You bought a new car and have not taken possession of said vehicle as of yet.

Think if they totaled it they would tell you since the paperwork has been filed, you cant do anything?

Despite my wrist, arm, and shoulder all feeling AMAZING, I have no feeling in my thumb; and they've moved my follow-up appointment up from Friday to tomorrow. Yikes.

Despite my wrist, arm, and shoulder all feeling AMAZING, I have no feeling in my thumb; and they've moved my follow-up appointment up from Friday to tomorrow. Yikes.

Hope they figure it out brother!

haha man, they are lucky they aren't dealing with me.

Either a huge, HUGE discount on the car they are currently repairing, or a brand spanking new one (with a bunch more features for the trouble) or I take my money and walk.

Ugh, good but not good

Hope its just a minor issue Pete.

Damn Pete. Two steps forward one back it seems. Hope they find out something on the thumb and it's not serious.

You don't need thumbs right?

Jury Duty......sucks, lucky number 12 here. Gonna be another long week.

Problem with being single.. I tried to give my mom a budget and let her do it all, but unfortunately she didn't go for it. We will be back Wednesday after work and I told her we will be picking out every single thing because this is the last time. As long as it matches and it's comfortable I couldn't care less.

That's a major deal there. My mom had the most uncomfortable furniture for me. You gotta pick out your own stuff.

Get one of those massage chairs, the ones with the rollers, not the vibrating ones.

They are good with paperwork...make them fill out more on another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back