Titleist - 2016 PGA Show

I will take one of each headcover and a couple SM6 wedges! God those things are gorgeous!

Holy cow that's a ton of staff bags and head covers!!!

Pretty fancy sales rep outfits! I am digging the white blazers!!

Holy huge booth!!! That hat wall is insane! Love that there are so many color choices. And the new SM6 wedges look great!

f8d3641b886a44d5d781389955105366.jpg

cf2c56af3e3b59b7675a1b53db0a796b.jpg

Best collection of head covers I have seen ever!
I want the Frankenstein head cover. It's begging me to take it home!

SM6 wedges are SICK!

Those wedges just look mean

Some of those covers are pretty badass! I really want to try the sm6 as well

Uhhh Yes please! To everything in there! SM6 will be in the bag when they are released for sure ... just have to decide on bounce and grind. Those Scotty headcovers are awesome!

The sm6s and that sm6 staff bag. My goodness.

Woah! And I thought the Cobra/Puma booth was huge, this must be the largest booth this year.

Boothalicious. Serious floor space. Gear looks solid!

I will still never understand why they market their irons and metalwoods as basically afterthoughts though. It's strange.

(to be clear, I think they make great irons and metals, I just don't think they are marketed particularly well)

Boothalicious. Serious floor space. Gear looks solid!

I will still never understand why they market their irons and metalwoods as basically afterthoughts though. It's strange.

(to be clear, I think they make great irons and metals, I just don't think they are marketed particularly well)

I would guess most of their $$$ comes from short game (Balls, putters, and wedges) and apparel.

I would guess most of their $$$ comes from short game (Balls, putters, and wedges) and apparel.

I would agree with most of this, but when I think of apparel I do not think of Titleist.

I would agree with most of this, but when I think of apparel I do not think of Titleist.

How many people in Titleist hats and gloves do you see on the course though? Seems every other person has them on. Wasn't really thinking shirts or anything like that. mostly hats and accessory type items.

How many people in Titleist hats and gloves do you see on the course though? Seems every other person has them on. Wasn't really thinking shirts or anything like that. mostly hats and accessory type items.

Ah good point, for some reason when I read apparel I didn't think of hats at all.

Ah good point, for some reason when I read apparel I didn't think of hats at all.

haha yea their hats are everywhere. I may be off base with the apparel stuff, but I feel like I see it all over the place regardless of whether that person actually plays anything Titleist at all.

I am certainly due for a 3-4 wedge upgrade and SM6 lloks to be the main player based on my previous love affair with Vokey Design. I haven't been able to catch a glimpse of the face of them yet though.....

Titleist no doubt makes fine balls, and clubs, but their marketing campaign with the ProV1 (the people's ball) leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Sweet putter covers though...

I am certainly due for a 3-4 wedge upgrade and SM6 lloks to be the main player based on my previous love affair with Vokey Design. I haven't been able to catch a glimpse of the face of them yet though.....

Looks to be fairly similar to their SM5's, but they do apparently have new grooves.

tx4-groove-image.png

Looks to be fairly similar to their SM5's, but they do apparently have new grooves.

The SM6's have changed the CG for several of the head designs in a progressive fashion.

"The low loft models have a low CG that increases ball speed and distance and feature a thinner topline and raised area in the lower portion of the clubhead. The mid loft models have a mid CG location for improved distance gapping while the high loft models have a high CG location for improved trajectory control."

http://www.golf.com/equipment/new-titleist-vokey-wedges-and-scotty-cameron-putters

INTRODUCING_2D00_SM6_2D00_CG.jpg

The higher lofted clubs remind me a lot of the "Channel Back" design in the Mizuno MP-5 blades.

The SM6's have changed the CG for several of the head designs in a progressive fashion.

"The low loft models have a low CG that increases ball speed and distance and feature a thinner topline and raised area in the lower portion of the clubhead. The mid loft models have a mid CG location for improved distance gapping while the high loft models have a high CG location for improved trajectory control."

http://www.golf.com/equipment/new-titleist-vokey-wedges-and-scotty-cameron-putters

true, but that has nothing to do with the face.

I wish the SM6s were out for demos before the release date. I'd love to get some swings in with these clubs.

I didn't think so either, but according to data here on THP, Footjoy holds the lions share of the golf shoe market. I'm sure they do well in their clothing sales as well.

Back