Flat Cat Golf Putter Grip

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I saw a commercial for these with Hank Haney last night, hadn't heard of them before, putter grips is an interesting market, I wonder how many units they need to sell to really create some momentum.

http://www.flatcatgolf.com
Winston_CG-Animation-Replacement-Image.png

Here's another interesting view:
Putter-on-Green_CMYK_adj1.jpg

Never heard of them. I guess it's a Super Stroke competitor??? Have they been around long. I like the way they look but have never seen them in a pro shop or golf store!

I like the Flatso by SS, so I guess this will work sorta the same way? Doubtful I'd try it, but it should be a good product.

If you read their website any it sounds like Billy Mays wrote their copy from the grave.

I had something similar, a "2Thumbs" grip..... man I regretted that grip.

Never heard of them. I guess it's a Super Stroke competitor??? Have they been around long. I like the way they look but have never seen them in a pro shop or golf store!
I don't see it as much as a competitor but as another option like we've seen the in the past with the flat to the side:
putter.png

I think the gist of the flat side was to give your hands a feel for what the face was doing...assuming you get the grip perfectly installed parallel to the face.

I like it. Not sure on the neon green but I would love to try it.

Looks like a lighter version of the palmbird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Haney will put his name on about anything

I like the color combo. But doubt I would ever try them.

This seems like it would be really uncomfortable.

Looks interesting. I use the biggest Superstroke Flatso and I have the flat side aligned to be parallel with the putter face and I love the feel. I'm not sure it would be as comfortable flat on the back as well.

This seems like it would be really uncomfortable.
Yeah, I still can't figure out if one of the larger sizes would help with that. They need better comparison pics!

It does not seem like it would be comfortable to grip?
Cf3TNMPUsAAUMc8.jpg

I actually really like the idea behind this grip. Terrible name, though.

There was a used Nike putter at Nevada Bobs in Madison that had the Superstroke Flatso grip on this way. I could not get used to it. It didn't feel uncomfortable, but it didn't seem to help at all.

The flat cat is the best putter grip hands down that you will ever put on your putter!!! If you wanna improve your score you need a flat cat!!! Don't let cool get in your way!!! Don't get hung up on the super stroke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flat cat is the best putter grip hands down that you will ever put on your putter!!! If you wanna improve your score you need a flat cat!!! Don't let cool get in your way!!! Don't get hung up on the super stroke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree, but that's what good about choices.

An interesting look at grip selection:
[video=youtube;-zxmOuXb0h8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&utm_campaign=Flat%20Cat%20G olf%20Putter%20Grips&utm_medium=social&utm_source= youtube.com&v=-zxmOuXb0h8[/video]

An interesting look at grip selection:
[video=youtube;-zxmOuXb0h8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&utm_campaign=Flat%20Cat%20G olf%20Putter%20Grips&utm_medium=social&utm_source= youtube.com&v=-zxmOuXb0h8[/video]

Grip selection? Did they even discuss selecting a grip?

Grip selection? Did they even discuss selecting a grip?
Nope, just basically said Flat Cat is the grip(s) of choice. Didnt even discuss their own models and how to choose between them.

Nope, just basically said Flat Cat is the grip(s) of choice. Didnt even discuss their own models and how to choose between them.

Im trying for the life of me to figure this one out, but I do know one thing, if someone is going to use one, they better hope they put it on absolutely perfectly or the shop does, because the margin for error is clearly much much smaller.

This grip just looks miserable to hold. Not for me.

Back