Augusta National Favorite Hole

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Masters is next week and THP has an epic contest, but for this one, the course is as much the star as the players are. So what is your favorite hole at Augusta National?

Mine has always been #11 White Dogwood. Have a nice print of it at home. Love that the view from the fairway gives you a nice look at the 11th green, the Hogan Bridge, and the 12th green.

Augusta National Favorite Hole

I've always liked the par 3s at Augusta. the 12th and the 16th seem to have a lot of pressure on Sunday. I'd say my favorite of the two is 16 just due to the pressure at the time being one of the final holes.

13...risk reward is so damn fun to watch there.

Mine has always been #11 White Dogwood. Have a nice print of it at home. Love that the view from the fairway gives you a nice look at the 11th green, the Hogan Bridge, and the 12th green.

Have to agree with ddec, #11 is my favorite.

I really like #12, the Golden Bell.

I like how you walk off 11,the tee box is right there and the setting behind the hole is beautiful.

#13 for me with #12 as close second. There is so much drama on 13. A short par 5 by today's standards, but the design of the hole is spectacular.

#12 for me. I have a print of it hanging in my office. 2nd favorite is #16 mostly because I have spent a few quite a few hours there watching the players skip the ball over the water during practice rounds.

There are so many great ones...my favorite is probably 16 due to how different the slopes play to all the normal pin positions.

# 16 - So much drama on Sunday and close to the end (normally). Love to see if they hit it the correct distance to catch the slope!!

Azalea, #13. It's just such a strategic par 5, your tee shot can either give you a great opportunity to hit in 2, or completely put you in jail. Or you can be Phil and just hit it to 4 ft through a gap in the trees the size of a squirrel's sphincter.

Amen corner ... but since you asked for just one ... I have to go with 13.

Love #13 - the risk reward is awesome and the 2nd shot to either go for it and reap the reward or end up in jail is so fun to watch!

I love the 16th hole. The slope on that green is just amazing.

Without question #13. Just an exciting hole to watch and see what players do.

16 for me. Gotta love a green that forces a player to putt with his back to the hole.

#13. Such a beautiful golf hole.

Although there really isn't a bad home at Augusta that one may stands out to be. Need to find some of these prints to get framed and hung up someday.

13 followed closely by 12.

12 followed by 15. It's the surroundings of 12 that make it so magical as many have posted. 15 is the hole I am most intrigued with if
I ever had the chance to play it.

15, for me. I just think it is the epitome of risk/reward. Missing that green long or short is complete death.

12 for me, short Par 3 but some much chance for drama

I'm going to go against the grain a bit... I was lucky enough to have practice round tickets a few years ago and have been able to walk the entire course.

For my favorite hole I'm going to go with #1.

It's definitely not as flashy or scenic as some of the other choices, but it's a great opening hole. It's the first thing you see when you get to the course (next to the leaderboard). It's the only place to see legends of the game start the tournament with the ceremonial tee shots on Thursday. The vantage point from the first tee is great, you can see the action on several other holes from that one location. I still vividly remember walking down the right side of the first fairway, being in awe of everything, shocked of the elevation changes that you _really_ can't appreciate on TV. Seeing guys putting on the first green, the incredible undulation and the tiny areas they have for hole locations there. The whole scene just really had a strong impression on me. Number 1 is a great start, to my favorite tournament of the year.

#13. It's a risk/reward type par 5 for those with some length off the tee

Back