Golf in Vancouver

leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
So it looks like my wife will be going to Vancouver sometime mid-April for work. I am considering going with her, as I have never been and it is a pretty cheap way for me to get to travel.

A few questions for those of you in that area:

1. What is the weather like that time of year?
2. She will be working at the Convention Centre. I am guessing we would be staying close to there. Are there courses close to there? Not sure about renting a car.
3. If there are some good places close. What do you suggest?
4. What is your experience with traveling with clubs internationally?

So it looks like my wife will be going to Vancouver sometime mid-April for work. I am considering going with her, as I have never been and it is a pretty cheap way for me to get to travel.

A few questions for those of you in that area:

1. What is the weather like that time of year?
2. She will be working at the Convention Centre. I am guessing we would be staying close to there. Are there courses close to there? Not sure about renting a car.
3. If there are some good places close. What do you suggest?
4. What is your experience with traveling with clubs internationally?
In April the weather will most likely be rainy and wet, but it could also be sunny and 15-20 degrees Celsius.
The closest course to downtown is probably Northlands - roughly 25-30 minute drive. If you are willing to travel up to an hour there are dozens of available courses.

In April the weather will most likely be rainy and wet, but it could also be sunny and 15-20 degrees Celsius.
The closest course to downtown is probably Northlands - roughly 25-30 minute drive. If you are willing to travel up to an hour there are dozens of available courses.
Hmm so I likely need a rental car?

I'd love to go with her but I need something to do during the day and I'd like that to be golf.

What Army said - weather in the spring here is extremely unpredictable. Could be beautiful or could be downright nasty.

Once you hammer down a date, let us know and maybe we can join you for a round! I'm just south of the Canadian border in Bellingham, so not too far away.

Definitely let us know if/when you come so we can meet up for a round!

It might be worth sending forum member Jaysfan a PM. He lives downtown and will have more info than I about the best courses and how to get there.

Ok I will have to shoot JaysFan a PM. The dates are April 17-21. Still a long ways out. I will hit JaysFan up and I will report back what he tells me.

Ok I will have to shoot JaysFan a PM. The dates are April 17-21. Still a long ways out. I will hit JaysFan up and I will report back what he tells me.
Good coquincidence, as I live downtown And know grest courses within the area. Funny thing is I work at the convention Centre too...live around 5 minites away. We can always hit up the course and be close by . Shoot me a PM or I can send one your ways tomorrow. Talk soon

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Good coquincidence, as I live downtown And know grest courses within the area. Funny thing is I work at the convention Centre too...live around 5 minites away. We can always hit up the course and be close by . Shoot me a PM or I can send one your ways tomorrow. Talk soon

Sounds good I will shoot you a PM tomorrow

There is 4 courses within 25 minutes of where you will be staying. First is university golf course which is 15 minutes from downtown. Next 3 are parks board run course Langara,a short course,McCleary a longer course and my favorite Fraserview the best of the 3. There is also Northlands which is around 25 minutes away in North vancouver. I could drive us there and back no problem. Just let me know when you arrive

Back