THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Scorecard says #4 plays 193 from the whites and 232 from the blacks. By some responses in here it seems more than half are putting for birdie.
I'll get there, maybe 1 out of 4 tries.

Gotta make the team first though!

Scorecard says #4 plays 193 from the whites and 232 from the blacks. By some responses in here it seems more than half are putting for birdie.

If I remember correctly, that one typically plays into the wind as well if there is any.

It's funny though, the shortest par 3 on the entire course is going to be one of the more difficult ones. #islandgreen

It's a fun hole. Miss that green, and you're working very hard for par.

If I remember correctly, that one typically plays into the wind as well if there is any.

It's funny though, the shortest par 3 on the entire course is going to be one of the more difficult ones. #islandgreen
That will be a really fun challenge.

I'll get there, maybe 1 out of 4 tries.

Gotta make the team first though!

LOL Yeah give me 4 tries and I'll get there too, but you only get 1 try in competition.

LOL Yeah give me 4 tries and I'll get there too, but you only get 1 try in competition.
Here's to hoping my partner gets it on 2 times out of the 4, once each round. ;) It's a team event afterall!

Dan beat me to it

I didn't say I'd hit the green. Anything over that just limits my chances even more. I will par that hole and walk away happy while putting my partner and I up a hole.

That green on 12 is TINY. Those bunkers probably combine for more square footage. Yikes!

I amend my answer. Comfortable hitting into a green up to whatever my 4 iron is as long as the green isn't the size of a pool.

Lol....Gunner and I have played the hole many times. We are both long...(he's longer). Tough hole, kinda tight. I agree with you completely. A lot of confidence in sticking a long iron...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also probably a 40' drop. Pretty sure longer hitters won't be hitting a long iron into that one at all.

I personally feel #4 is a much much tougher par 3....long, tight, trouble left and long right...

Has the talk of which set of tees we will be playing come up at all? Watched the flyovers of all the holes. Looks amazing.

Has the talk of which set of tees we will be playing come up at all? Watched the flyovers of all the holes. Looks amazing.

I was wondering this also. My opinion would be that it would be great to separate them by hdcp. IMO...

No, but typically THP events are set up around 6,500 I believe. If it's raining or the ground is wet sometimes it will get bumped forward. For this course It's most likely going to either be straight whites, or a combo of white and some of the blue.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Thp events are usually played from 64-6500 yds or shorter.

Yea, looking at the score card again I would most likely bet on playing the whites.

No, but typically THP events are set up around 6,500 I believe. If it's raining or the ground is wet sometimes it will get bumped forward. For this course It's most likely going to either be straight whites, or a combo of white and some of the blue.

Great looking course. Thanks for the info.

Informal Poll -

How many guys looking to make Team Ohio or Team Michigan have played Boulder Creek? Please respond below.

Wyzyguy - I have not played Boulder Creek

Informal Poll -

How many guys looking to make Team Ohio or Team Michigan have played Boulder Creek? Please respond below.

Wyzyguy - I have not played Boulder Creek

I am willing to bet nobody from michigan has played there and 75% of ohio has. I have looked at it from the car while zooming by at 72 mph

I have played Boulder.

Back