Well thanks for the well wishes and kind words everyone. We are home and she's doing great. Took a few blood transfusions but her levels are coming up and now she has to take iron supplements for a few months.

Watching her be pricked and prodded was tough as a parent. It's hard being in a situation where I can't make it better. Just glad it's over for now. Thank God!
Glad to hear things are better buddy.

Our youngest is such a challenge! He's always pushing the boundaries and is just a 360 from what our oldest was like as a almost 2 year old. It's 6am, I've been up 4 times throughout the night and awoken at 5:20am as he was screaming he wanted to play cars. I have come to the conclusion that he is our payback for #1 being cake. And the fact, he's me as a child reincarnated. Child #2 is exactly why we aren't going for #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds exactly like ours! Our daughter was so easy up until about age three. Our son has been the complete opposite. It's crazy how different kids can be.

Our youngest is such a challenge! He's always pushing the boundaries and is just a 360 from what our oldest was like as a almost 2 year old. It's 6am, I've been up 4 times throughout the night and awoken at 5:20am as he was screaming he wanted to play cars. I have come to the conclusion that he is our payback for #1 being cake. And the fact, he's me as a child reincarnated. Child #2 is exactly why we aren't going for #3

My son is like your youngest. That's why he's the only one. LOL He'll get up at 6 on a weekend and stay up to play and not sleep. We pay for it eventually.

This must be a 2nd child thing. My oldest daughter was/is soooooooo easy. She pretty much slept all night from the day we brought her home. Still does to this day and she's almost 8 now. Youngest, complete opposite! Not trying to scare you, but it's only been within the last ooohhhh 6 months that my youngest won't wake up in the middle of the night for BASICALLY no reason. She'll be 6 in 4 months and starting 1st grade in the fall. I don't know. She's always been my more hard headed child, about everything. It seems to be getting "better" now, so that's good. She's still suborned, I imagine that may never go away, but at least we're all getting more sleep now. Only downside is, with Spring coming and storm season here in Kansas, that might change. Neither of my girls enjoy or understand the difference between a small storm, tornado and the end of the world....all the same to them. Always end up in our bed.

Our oldest has been the more challenging one. If I ever meet parents who tells me both their kids are easy I'm going to kick the dad in the stones.

Took our daughter to the Sabres game and she got a stomach bug in the 3rd period. Puked in the arena, the car and twice already since we got home. Can't even keep water down. Came on quick, hope it passes just as fast.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So I just got a call from the daycare. Apparently my son is going around saying "cat". :wink: They wanted to inform me, which I appreciate, but when I questioned whether he had heard it from another kid that has used similar language, she quickly said she had never heard the other kid say that. So my son just starts using a word that is not generally used around him? Yeah ok. I love public daycare and young children that are sponges.

So I just got a call from the daycare. Apparently my son is going around saying "cat". :wink: They wanted to inform me, which I appreciate, but when I questioned whether he had heard it from another kid that has used similar language, she quickly said she had never heard the other kid say that. So my son just starts using a word that is not generally used around him? Yeah ok. I love public daycare and young children that are sponges.

This took me a minute. I sat here thinking "what's wrong with saying cat" for about 5 minutes before it hit me. This is what happens when our youngest gets up at 1:30AM for some freaking reason and won't go back to sleep until 5:00. My kids are like most in here it seems, first one is great through the night, second is a birth control method.

This took me a minute. I sat here thinking "what's wrong with saying cat" for about 5 minutes before it hit me. This is what happens when our youngest gets up at 1:30AM for some freaking reason and won't go back to sleep until 5:00. My kids are like most in here it seems, first one is great through the night, second is a birth control method.

I figured it was a safer word, since this is a family friendly site and while the other word may bring a few more people from certain searches, I'm going to guess they wouldn't find a lot of information rewarding. :act-up:

My son is the reason he will have no siblings. LOL

Our oldest has been the more challenging one. If I ever meet parents who tells me both their kids are easy I'm going to kick the dad in the stones.
Remind me to wear my cup the next time we meet. ?

My two are pretty easy if I am the one in charge. My wife in charge? According to her, and having seen the damage, nightmares.

Gotta love Teacher - Parent conferences for my 4 1/2 yr old. Should be fun.

Gotta love Teacher - Parent conferences for my 4 1/2 yr old. Should be fun.

I stopped going about 6 years ago and let my wife go. She started referring to it as the night you are most likely go to jail. There was always some teacher with hair brain everybody gets a trophy mentality that would drive me nuts.

As a teacher, I beg you all to keep going to those p/t conferences.

I stopped going about 6 years ago and let my wife go. She started referring to it as the night you are most likely go to jail. There was always some teacher with hair brain everybody gets a trophy mentality that would drive me nuts.

This was the first I was able to go to as I was usually out of town. I won't miss one ever again. I sat there with a perma grin the whole time.

You better believe it. If you teachers can take the time out to want to pass along how our children are doing I'll be there. It's amazing how teachers influence our kids on a daily basis.

I've enjoyed them so far, get a chance to see what they are learning, even got to review the text books early in the year.

Remind me to wear my cup the next time we meet. 

My two are pretty easy if I am the one in charge. My wife in charge? According to her, and having seen the damage, nightmares.

Don't say pretty easy until both are driving and dating age! Their is nothing easy about the first time a boy picks your 15 or 16 year old daughter for homecoming.

Honestly all 3 of mine have been easy but we've had some school challenges that were related to a couple concussions with our oldest. He's off to a great college in less than 6 months so it all worked out. It's a lot of fun at every age!

I had a major parenting fail last night with my 15yo and I'm still upset about it today. She once again didn't do something she was specifically told to do, and when confronted about it gave my wife lip. After my wife repeatedly telling her to drop the attitude I finally read her the riot act. So not only did I jump in one of my wife's battles (a no-no on its own) I also went overboard on my reaction. I just cannot stand it when she disrespects her mom with all the things she does for her.

I got the silent treatment all morning, which was expected. I do owe my daughter an apology for yelling at her, but I'm not sorry for being upset with her constant rudeness with how she acts towards my wife. It's almost getting worse instead of better.

Haven't updated in a couple weeks, but I should definitely share the good as well as the bad, right?!

My little dude is smashing it. Had surgery a couple weeks back to repair two inguinal hernias, and had a great two week checkup today with the surgeon. He's growing like crazy, getting taller, and has almost completely healed from his surgery. Now we're just watching him grow, smile, talk'ish, and eat likhe a mad man.

My biggest hurdle right now is his crying. He's actually a pretty chill kid, but the anxiety that I get from his crying is pretty brutal. Just super unsettling and a frustrating feeling and I hope it gets better with time.

42b165d471bc3342e8561288f250c68a.jpg

144b9cde50b75167957b8c41432c6e97.jpg

Haven't updated in a couple weeks, but I should definitely share the good as well as the bad, right?!

My little dude is smashing it. Had surgery a couple weeks back to repair two inguinal hernias, and had a great two week checkup today with the surgeon. He's growing like crazy, getting taller, and has almost completely healed from his surgery. Now we're just watching him grow, smile, talk'ish, and eat likhe a mad man.

My biggest hurdle right now is his crying. He's actually a pretty chill kid, but the anxiety that I get from his crying is pretty brutal. Just super unsettling and a frustrating feeling and I hope it gets better with time.

Glad he's healing up well Dan. Haha that smile is awesome!

Glad to hear it, Dan. He looks great too. The crying is all part of the joys of parenthood :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

As a father of four, three girls and a boy, that are grown I can't help remember those times. They are special, enjoy and remember them! Trouble is ahead but not nearly as much as the good stuff!!

Too cute Dan, love those facial expressions!

Good looking boy!

Hang in there - crying is his only means to communicate with you. Before long, if you can't already, you'll be able to distinguish between hungry cry, sleepy cry, and somethings wrong cry and you'll know when you need to get nervous.

Back