Contract to be an OEM Staffer

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Unintentional yet interesting question. Since we're all big on trying everything..

What would you accept in a contract with a golf company to play their gear exclusively? includes fresh clubs each cycle and balls/gloves/hats/bags(staff and stand).

Zero dollars?
1,000 dollars?
10,000 dollars?
100,000 dollars?

Rule is, you can't put another brand in the bag, or even really experiment with anything. Would expect to focus purely on that equipment in all discussions and be essentially a brand ambassador when possible. Breach would forfeit all monies/equipment.

The contract would be for no less than five years.

I would gladly do this for free

Unintentional yet interesting question. Since we're all big on trying everything..

What would you accept in a contract with a golf company to play their gear exclusively? includes fresh clubs each cycle and balls/gloves/hats/bags(staff and stand).

Zero dollars?
1,000 dollars?
10,000 dollars?
100,000 dollars?

Rule is, you can't put another brand in the bag, or even really experiment with anything. Would expect to focus purely on that equipment in all discussions and be essentially a brand ambassador when possible. Breach would forfeit all monies/equipment.

I think I would actually pay for that, maybe 1,000 bucks? I think I would still win

Can't experiment with anything else? That might kill me.

Zero dollars. I would have no issues with this, and free stuff. Sign me up.

Can't experiment with anything else? That might kill me.

That was the kicker. Sure, anyone can nab a full 14 club deal. Can anyone genuinely commit to that brand for multiple cycles?

I think it'd take a decent amount.. At least a couple seasons worth of golf on their dime.

I'd have to think about it, but off hand if just talking about the brand when I golf or online I would do it for free.

As an amature I would happily do this for free for 1 year if I'm a pro your dollar amount isn't close to my asking price of 5 million/year.

I would do it for free as well... could I tinker within the brand? What I mean is, lets say they have a few different drivers available during a specific cycle... could I switch it up or would I be held to my original choices for the entire cycle?

I would definitely do this for free with a few companies.

Edit: if the contract lasted 5 years or more, the company would be key to me. There are still a few I'd do it for free with though.

Last edited:
That was the kicker. Sure, anyone can nab a full 14 club deal. Can anyone genuinely commit to that brand for multiple cycles?

I think it'd take a decent amount.. At least a couple seasons worth of golf on their dime.

Agreed. I'm going against the trend of everyone saying they'd do it for free. Hell I just got a bag full of Callaway equipment thanks to an unreal experience that I will likely never get to go through again. I have 14 top of the line clubs thanks to that and proto golf balls. But you know what, I see other things being introduced and talked about, and man I want to get out and hit those clubs too. So for me, I'd need to be paid for it because I have a wandering eye when it comes to golf clubs.

$0.00

Hell, I'd pay them $1,000 per year to wear all of their stuff.

To just play it and keep my day job? I'd do that for free.

To make my living with it, well, I wouldn't get out of bed for less than $10 million.

This is a loaded question haha but of course i would do it for free. Length of the contract would have to depend on the OEM

This is a loaded question haha but of course i would do it for free. Length of the contract would have to depend on the OEM

Well, of course it's a loaded question PhillyV! That's why I added in a contract length minimum.

I would have to do it for free. There's no way they would want to pay ME!
But to have the latest and greatest all the time, are you sure I don't have to pay THEM? haha

Free....as long as I can pick from anything in their line year after year....not a problem.

I would say $10,000 would be a fair sum. We would have to perform duties as objective writers, goodwill ambassadors and be available to be with the general public to promote the product. Travel expenses would be included in this deal. Considering the cost of advertising, word of mouth and accessibility to the product by the general public would negate any expenses the manufacturer would pay.

I do it for free.

I would do it for zero $$. I can't imagine why anyone would pay me to play their clubs period. This would "definitely be the Ransom of the Red Chief"

If you're basing this on the idea that here is some benefit to them then I would ask for something commensurate with the benefit received!!

Same here. I think it would certainly depend on the OEM.

Id say yes I could commit to that. I wouldn't sign unless it was a company I really liked and enjoyed their full range of clubs. If that was that case then it wouldn't be hard to not have a mixed bag. Free is always good too haha

Well, of course it's a loaded question PhillyV! That's why I added in a contract length minimum.
Man no less than 5 years? thats a lifetime in the golf industry. As an amateur who still has a full time job and golfs on the side, i could do it for free. If i was playing golf for a living and dependent on the gear to perform i would want the 100k

Back