Cure Putters Review Thread

That one has always intrigued me

It's not quite the "Cure" we have come to visualize, but the sound is still very unique to the head unlike other more traditional sounds.

Yep, it's a done deal. This thing is about to get way heavier.

It's not quite the "Cure" we have come to visualize, but the sound is still very unique to the head unlike other more traditional sounds.

Yep, it's a done deal. This thing is about to get way heavier.

You wanting a putter to be heavy boggles my mind.

You wanting a putter to be heavy boggles my mind.

It's curiosity more than anything. Technology is improving and I want to know just how far I can take it. May need some ear plugs to be unbiased, but we'll see!

It's curiosity more than anything. Technology is improving and I want to know just how far I can take it. May need some ear plugs to be unbiased, but we'll see!

Lol. Good luck!

I am slightly jealous. Heavy putters are fun.

Just rolled it on the putting green. It's pretty wild how controlled the head feels through the stroke.

Hard to ignore the unique sound.. There's really no getting away from it, but the end over end roll should probably not be ignored. Didn't hear any skidding at all.

I have the Cure RX3F and found the sound to be a bit annoying also - a little too high pitched. Sort of a "tink" sound, but the putter still felt good at impact. Didn't care much for the standard Cure grip so I put one of my favorite grips on it - the Cleveland TFI 15" counter balanced grip. The TFI grip feels fantastic on the RX3F and the sound off the putter (to my suprise) is much lower in frequency. IMO it sounds VERY acceptable.

You may want to try putting a different grip on yours to see if it sounds any better and you may be able to remove those ear plugs. :)

YMMV.

Yeah 2B4U! i think I may do exactly that.. Maybe a SuperStroke or something that will deaden a bit more.

Either way, I need to get good with this so i can use it every time I play with my dad this summer. The unorthodox design rattles him every single time hahahaha

Yeah 2B4U! i think I may do exactly that.. Maybe a SuperStroke or something that will deaden a bit more.

Either way, I need to get good with this so i can use it every time I play with my dad this summer. The unorthodox design rattles him every single time hahahaha

Also play with a yellow ball - a lot of people don't like that either. :)

Yes sir, the technology is there. The mind is powerful too.
Once someone rolls it for 500 putts, going to something else seems completely foreign. It feels almost as if you will lose control.

Just rolled it on the putting green. It's pretty wild how controlled the head feels through the stroke.

Hard to ignore the unique sound.. There's really no getting away from it, but the end over end roll should probably not be ignored. Didn't hear any skidding at all.
I tried an RX1 in a store a few weeks ago and the sound is definitely much different than the RX4 (non-metallic / very solid) I just purchased.

The suggestion of a different grip could help.

Has anyone tried adding a black rubber washer between the weights and the head? They would blend in and not be noticeable.

I've tried loud driver heads before and was surprised that adding a strip or two of lead tape dampened the sound.

The sound issue is interesting as I played a YES! Natalie for 15 years which had a "ping" sound and no one ever commented on it.

Good luck with your trials and I hope you can get beyond the sound issue.

Once someone rolls it for 500 putts, going to something else seems completely foreign. It feels almost as if you will lose control.

I've tried the larger RX6 putter on several occasions and really did not like it but I know the higher MOI technology makes sense. I'm definitely going to give the RX3/4 and the CX series a try. One thing I would love to know for comparison to the Cure models is what the MOI of my current Ping Anser and Ketsch putters are but I don't think I'm going to find that information unless I email Ping.

sounds like you've been conditioned to that sound in a good way. Weird. And cool.

I have been rolling the Rx2 for about 5 months now. Still getting comments about the size and many people comment about how they LIKE the sound.
Doesn't hurt that I had two rounds this week without a three putt and dropped a couple of bombs, either.
High MOI works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17putts with the CX1 yesterday for 9holes. Think a SS pistol GT grip and cutting it down to 34" is next in line for me. Curious if CURE will make heavier weighted screws for the CX series. Could be an option there. I'm fully loaded at 376g but would mind going 10g heavier and seeing how that feels

Been reading about High MOI in another thread and it has peaked my interest in CURE putters.

I've tried the larger RX6 putter on several occasions and really did not like it but I know the higher MOI technology makes sense. I'm definitely going to give the RX3/4 and the CX series a try. One thing I would love to know for comparison to the Cure models is what the MOI of my current Ping Anser and Ketsch putters are but I don't think I'm going to find that information unless I email Ping.

The RX6 is too big for me and the "wings" don't help from a visual perspective either.
You can get an idea

http://cureputters.com/pages/high-moi-comparison-cure-vs-others

I have been spending lots of time with various putter heads on the home green lately. This whole High MOI concept intrigues me like crazy and I wanted to put it to the test not on machines, but on the brain.

What I find most consistent about the Cure RXi is the element of consistency. It's really not hard to get the ball sounding the same on each roll, rolling end over end, and on the right path. I've got it absolutely loaded with weight and am going to continue to spend time with it as the weather breaks here.

Here's the reality. I hate the way it looks, and I really don't care for a sound so wildly different from everything else. Not really that much different from my personal attitude towards any piece of equipment... But, I'm not done trying. Makes me want to roll the newer more compact models even more.

I have been spending lots of time with various putter heads on the home green lately. This whole High MOI concept intrigues me like crazy and I wanted to put it to the test not on machines, but on the brain.

What I find most consistent about the Cure RXi is the element of consistency. It's really not hard to get the ball sounding the same on each roll, rolling end over end, and on the right path. I've got it absolutely loaded with weight and am going to continue to spend time with it as the weather breaks here.

Here's the reality. I hate the way it looks, and I really don't care for a sound so wildly different from everything else. Not really that much different from my personal attitude towards any piece of equipment... But, I'm not done trying. Makes me want to roll the newer more compact models even more.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your putter Dan. I have a couple of High MOI putters but my RX3F is without doubt the best, people really should give these a try to experience the difference.

Where we do differ on is the looks. I rather like the looks and I suspect that the looks alone will be drawing attention to you on the practice greens. Admittedly the sound is not the best and many others here have also made comments to this. When I changed the grip to a longer CB rubber grip, not only do I putt better, but it lowered the pitch of the original "tink" sound. To me it sounds so much better now.

Continued success with your RXi putter.

I didn't mind the looks when I first saw the putter. The sound was what turned me off the most. Changing to a super stroke really helped with the sound. The sound doesn't bother me at all anymore. Like anything I have probably gotten used to it. Having rounds with only 20 putts and going 2 months without a 3 putt helped getting over the sound as well.

I have been using the RX3F for quite some time now. When I am over the ball I know I am squared up. Fits my eye visually. I did change the grip but more so because I want to give the SStroke Flatso 2.0 a go. I do not notice an unpleasant sound. Like the feel. The best sound is the ball hitting the bottom of the cup. I have a had a few comments. Once the putts drop the mouths stop. The RX3F is right is in the middle of the MOI range for there putters and I have mine loaded with weight. I have messed with lie angle more than anything. I believe I have found the best lie for me now. Good luck to you with it.

Back