SwingByte 2 Preview - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While at the PGA Show, THP TV caught up with Alex from SwingByte to discuss the new device. What changes have been made? What makes it unique? Watch the THP TV episode to find out more. You can choose your video settings to watch in either HD or Standard.

[video=youtube;vgm8JX4-eXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgm8JX4-eXU[/video]

Sounds like some good improvements, along with some great new in-app features. I've always pondered a kind of personal swing analyser, and this will be on my radar for sure.

The app looked really good that they were displaying. Also incredibly smart to ditch the strap and go to the two piece design on it. Lots of good changes.

This is something I've always been interested in but have haven't pulled the trigger. I think i'll put it more on the front burner instead of the back.

Was keen on the first version and have only been put off by comments regarding the device slipping round on the shaft and users having to reset/recalibrate it before each shot. It seems this particular issue has been fixed, and a number of additional extras have been added to the SB2. Im now as keen as ever to get my hands on one of the updated models.

Anyone able to confirm UK prices for the SB2 and availability? (Appreciate it's a Spring launch for the US)

Really liking some of the improvements to the SwingByte 2. With some of the new technology in this one it has risen to the top of my list for swing analyzers.

I am very interested in this. Might have to open the wallet come spring time and get one.

I had never seen the Swingbyte live prior to the show and I have to say I was impressed with what I saw. Streamline device with a great interactive app.

I was always hesitant to get the swingbyte because if the strap. Glad they addressed that and I will be very interested to see what new stuff comes out and all the new improvements.

Agree with the others, definitely an improvement from a great group of people.

I really love the sounds of the improvements, you are basically going to have all the technology of a top notch training center right at your finger tips. This is great news and I can't wait to see more when it drops.

Very cool to see him cite THPer concerns included in the changes. Seems like they have a greatly improve comments this year. I very well may have to get one.

All of the technological advances are pretty cool, but it was more important to hear that they have improved the way that the system connects to the club shaft. Hopefully the twisting issues are in the past, and if that's the case, I'll give this device another look in 2013.

Sounds like some good improvements have been made. I have some genuine interest of this product.

Alex was a really cool guy. Like the sounds of the improvements with the auto trimming and ease of use.

Looking forward to hearing some in hand reviews of the revamped model.

Nice interview JB. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the new swingbyte.

JB - do you think the folks at SwingByte will let a few THPers test the new version?

Seems like some really good changes were made to the original device. I am definitely curious and would love to try it.

Agree with others. This could be an awesome training aid with the updates they are doing to the new version.

Hmm yes, might I suggest a "free" trial unit for each member who has posted in this thread to date with a promise from each of those members that they will post updates and reviews for a set minimum of time :laughing::egyptian:

We can live in hope can't we :twist:

It sounds like this might be a winner. I will put it on my list of things to try for sure.

Definitely interested in this since having purchased he first version, really like the feedback would be great if the movement is fixed. Now to find a good base to hold my iPad!

Great interview Josh, looks like some really nice improvements are coming in the SB2. I can see this one being a huge seller.

What amazing features brought to you by feedback from THP, that's amazing. I can't wait to see more info on this one.

Back