The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a sick little girl, fever of 101.3. Pisses me off when my kids don't feel good. Wish it was me instead.

Hope she feels better.

Friend of mine just posted this on Facebook, who does this! Disgusting.

2exvk7n.jpg

Some days just make you wish you had stayed in bed.

She's in MO so you might get your chance one day. :D

UGH!

No worse than how I started my day yesterday. One of my co-workers work week thus far. Keep in mind, he has been sick for a month now. Left work sick early on Tuesday, called in Wednesday, left work early sick on Thursday, called in Friday. I get to my desk yesterday to check my emails and check my orders statuses, and dude strolls up, I kid you not, stands shoulder to shoulder with me, and proceeds to cough four times on my hand and on my mouse.

I lost it. I said, "DUDE?!? You have to be kidding me!?! Who the Hell does that?!? You know you are sick, and you come up and cough on my s**t!?!" I told my boss to find him something to do before I had a meltdown of Biblical proportions on him. I have no idea why the sick people always have to congregate around the healthy people and try to convince us that they are sick. Good thing I wasn't working with a contractor or a customer at the time, because I would have really flown off the handle.

UGH!

No worse than how I started my day yesterday. One of my co-workers work week thus far. Keep in mind, he has been sick for a month now. Left work sick early on Tuesday, called in Wednesday, left work early sick on Thursday, called in Friday. I get to my desk yesterday to check my emails and check my orders statuses, and dude strolls up, I kid you not, stands shoulder to shoulder with me, and proceeds to cough four times on my hand and on my mouse.

I lost it. I said, "DUDE?!? You have to be kidding me!?! Who the Hell does that?!? You know you are sick, and you come up and cough on my s**t!?!" I told my boss to find him something to do before I had a meltdown of Biblical proportions on him. I have no idea why the sick people always have to congregate around the healthy people and try to convince us that they are sick. Good thing I wasn't working with a contractor or a customer at the time, because I would have really flown off the handle.

Wow why even come in you've already missed most of the week! Hope you don't get sick man.

Steroids!!! I got put on a steroid nose spray for my ear infection to go along with my antibiotics and now I can't sleep even more then my normal insomnia! Argggg

sorry moved to banter...

Well, every first Friday of February, my University gives the students and faculty the day off, normally everyone goes skiing. Have been myself every year I've been here. This year though, it's been cold the past two weeks, like -20's. This week though, it decides to go up to +2-8 in the middle of the week and bring rain. Doesn't look like we'll be going this year. So disappointing.

What a fun Sunday. We had updates planned for today, a couple hours and go home.

My Blackberry starts going nuts at 4:30 am. The server that hosts the application we are updating later is down. Go in to work. Its dead, and old and the parts we need are not to be found anywhere in town. Now what? Take a workstation, stuff it full of memory and a couple of big drives and turn it into a server. Transfer the backup for 3 hours, get the users, dns server and shares. Then do the upgrades to the application. Test everything.
Move the new server to the computer room from my desk.
Plug it in and 20 seconds later the power supply caps start popping like gunshots, it starts smoking.
Tear apart the only available pc of that type in the shop - mine and replace the power supply - with mine.
Set it up, told the boss to pray to whatever god he thought appropriate and plugged it in. It starts. Check and make sure its running. Go home.

Now all I need to do tomorrow is keep it all running and build a new pc for myself, do all the warranty stuff, get the parts for the server, and get all my paperwork which was on my computer finished for month end.

Oh, and because I worked so late I missed my sisters 50th birthday celebration.

Nice relaxing Sunday....

I spent all day staining trim yesterday. I can't wait till my projects are done. Why do I keep adding to them. First it was floor then trim and now painting. Who needs a honey to make a " honey do" list? I make them on my own.

I spent all day staining trim yesterday. I can't wait till my projects are done. Why do I keep adding to them. First it was floor then trim and now painting. Who needs a honey to make a " honey do" list? I make them on my own.

Get it all done now so u have nothing to worry about come golf season!

I have a student teacher **** storm to clean up from while I was gone.

I was NOT this piss ignorant when I was a student teacher, no way.

is this the hot one?

Yep, the dumba** one. Student separation and humiliation is NOT ok.

All to often they go together, sometimes a good thing sometimes not.

Sorry your having to deal with it after such a great weekend!

Has somebody been naughty.......

I'm sorry that's inappropriate.

Yep, the dumba** one. Student separation and humiliation is NOT ok.

Well hopefully she will learn her lesson now rather than when she is a full-time teacher... Or is hope lost?

Just got a very tough text message from a close friend a few weeks before her wedding. She asked me a question that put me in a very odd place.

No further details, just that my Monday morning train got destroyed off of the tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back