Can I put my old shafts on my new Irons?

GE4x4

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a new set of TM LCG back in 98 with S90 shafts. I really like the way they feel compared to the shafts on my new Speedblades. I cross referenced the s90 rifle and there like the Project x 5.5 rifle which are big bucks more then what already I spent on the Speedblades. My old shafts still look to be in great shape, so I wondering if I can just swap them out, especially since my old irons are not worth much.

If they are taper tip you'll have to shim them.

I will say that the SB's are probably longer than your old irons, which may have an effect on the lie angles.

I didn't think about the length as I thought my swing would be the same just with a different head and less loft. Plus my old set has the 3-pw and my new set is 4- pw+SW, so the 3 would be close to the specs of the 4 SB. And both have the .370 tip stiff flex.

Yea, I would definitley look at length and try to match that as best you can. It may not end up being a big deal though. I'm sure people will have different opinions on that.

I just checked the specs on both and the lengths are almost the same. The 4-6 SB are 3/8,1/4, and 1/16" longer then my lcg, but the 7-pw are the same length.

Nice. Have you done a pull/reshaft before? Pretty fun and not difficult at all.

Nice. Have you done a pull/reshaft before? Pretty fun and not difficult at all.

I have never done that. But I would give it a try if it,s not to hard. Any link to a nice step by step illustration?

what shafts are in the speed blades right now?
maybe you just need to get out and play a few rounds to see if you can get use to them?
or they could be the wrong stiffness for your setup and that is what could be tossing your fell off
the swap is not a hard one but switching back and forth could be a pain

what shafts are in the speed blades right now?
maybe you just need to get out and play a few rounds to see if you can get use to them?
or they could be the wrong stiffness for your setup and that is what could be tossing your fell off
the swap is not a hard one but switching back and forth could be a pain

the SB are 85 g stiff flex and my old shafts are 125g stiff rifle shafts. So the SB are much lighter. I'm sure I could get used to the lighter shaft, but wanted to see it's been done being there 15 year old shafts, but still in great shape.

Back