Ernie Els switches to Adams.

That might be, but I think he is making a good move here. Some of those Adams golfers on the senior tour are possibly playing better than they ever have. I would bet that Ernie will do quite well with these in the bag.

Might have something to do with the courses a day setups they're now playing?

HAHA. Their LPGA staff is top notch. Since being the step child to TaylorMade, I am watching their "spark" to see where it heads and this is a nice change. Although I would love to see them add some younger talent. It was their for the taking this year and they spent on an "experienced" golfer. We will see what the coming years hold.

Do you think TM taking over had anything to do with Moore jumping ship?

Do you think we will see more TM guys switch to an Adams hybrid down the road? I know they are pretty big on the 1 or 2 club sponsorship

Do you think TM taking over had anything to do with Moore jumping ship?

I honestly dont know. It is very interesting how they combine numbers and then still distance themselves. I dont think the average consumer has any idea that Adams is even owned by TaylorMade.

I honestly dont know. It is very interesting how they combine numbers and then still distance themselves. I dont think the average consumer has any idea that Adams is even owned by TaylorMade.

I agree with all of that. I have often wondered if at some point we will see Adams move to strictly hybrids and FW woods, but I don't know. It seems that the rest of their stuff doesn't sell very well, but I could be way off base.

Might have something to do with the courses a day setups they're now playing?

So true, but they still have to hit the shots. And some of them are hitting them very good right now. They may not have the distance from their youth, but they can definitely still play the game.

I agree with all of that. I have often wondered if at some point we will see Adams move to strictly hybrids and FW woods, but I don't know. It seems that the rest of their stuff doesn't sell very well, but I could be way off base.

I think your assessment is pretty accurate.

Kenny Perry for one was playing very good golf on the main tour but his lack of distance made it difficult to compete. Hence, shorter courses, still hitting it straight, better scoring.

Tapping on my Galaxy Note 2...

I have hsard great reviews about their XTD drivers but dont know of anyone personally that plays one. I can understand your statement of them onky selling FW and hybrid s but you gotta admit Adams does make great player irons

Best part of all of this, is that 30 THPers are headed to Adams HQ for a special event in a month. Not related at all to the OP, but to the general conversation its quite intriguing.

I have hsard great reviews about their XTD drivers but dont know of anyone personally that plays one. I can understand your statement of them onky selling FW and hybrid s but you gotta admit Adams does make great player irons

Maybe they do, but are they selling many sets?

Maybe they do, but are they selling many sets?

Thats a good question. Because here is another honest question. Is there a company out there not making great players irons right now? It seems that every major brand out there has put out top notch irons in that category over the last 5 years.

Best part of all of this, is that 30 THPers are headed to Adams HQ for a special event in a month. Not related at all to the OP, but to the general conversation its quite intriguing.

This has me excited. To be able to talk with the Adams brain trust and understand the vision. I agree with others that they seems to have the 'older' golfer in mind when marketing, but their equipment is just as good as the other OEM's. Looking forward to that Friday night.

Thats a good question. Because here is another honest question. Is there a company out there not making great players irons right now? It seems that every major brand out there has put out top notch irons in that category over the last 5 years.

Maybe I am crazy, but is there really a TON of difference between the new players set of Adams and TM's TP line? I am not sure exactly which one it falls under, but they have to be fairly similar to the MB's, no?

Maybe I am crazy, but is there really a TON of difference between the new players set of Adams and TM's TP line? I am not sure exactly which one it falls under, but they have to be fairly similar to the MB's, no?

You could probably say that about most MBs I have a feeling.

You could probably say that about most MBs I have a feeling.

I guess I just meant with the idea of the speed slot and all of that... I do agree. I don't play MBs and doubt I will ever try, but I have always found them to have a really simple classic look and thin topline with little/no help

Back