If Rory has a bad week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you think there is ever a chance he makes an equipment change again? Do you think his issue is his new equipment? His swing? The pressure? His main squeeze?..

BTW,,, I like the kid. I hope he kicks butt this weekend.. :drinks:

Yes. He will change equipment under Nike when they come out with new stuff. He'll be fine in the long run.

^Siri probably sucks.

I think it's all in his head. Let him put a couple of good rounds together and he'll be fine. I'd love to see a Sunday like last year, but with Tiger in the final group and TW with the win. Haha

His swing is off right now. That's what will happen when you are not playing. He will be fine once he gets the issues with his swing resolved.

It is still so early in the season to know if he is in a slump or if he screwed himself making the jump for more $$$$.
I also like the kid.

Did he change equipment during his last little slump?

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but Rory has played THREE competitive rounds with the new equipment. Isn't that a small enough sample size that maybe the proper term is overreaction?

In a media cycle where everything is immediate, I think maybe the answer to all the issues is time. My only critique of Rory is why he's only played two events in eight weeks.

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but Rory has played THREE competitive rounds with the new equipment. Isn't that a small enough sample size that maybe the proper term is overreaction?

In a media cycle where everything is immediate, I think maybe the answer to all the issues is time. My only critique of Rory is why he's only played two events in eight weeks.

You're not in the minority. Well, for humanity's sake I hope you're not.

Rory has always been a streaky player and missed several cuts with Titleist gear over the years. It's just how he is.

Rory will not change equipment no matter what, he might work with Nike to tweak some of his stuff but he isn't about to change anything major. He'll sort it out.

Rory is a Nike man and will get it worked out. All this talk is silly and just a way to pass time. Just like last year when he missed three cuts.

The sky isn't falling. He's played THREE events and has had slumps before, most notably LAST YEAR for a bit and then he won another major.

Agreed it is a small sampling so far this year. I don't recall a #1 player in the world having a start like this though. I feel another "bad start" could be an issue for him..

People are quick to jump on Rory and probably more specifically Nike, but you guys are forgetting that he has had rough patches like this before. He has played in 3 competitive events this year. Come back if he looks like this after 10 events and I might answer this for you.

I can say that the Nike haters make me laugh for sure

It's not like he missed a cut in his last event. He played one round. The boy has won tournaments with a poor first round (relative) in the past.

People are quick to jump on Rory and probably more specifically Nike, but you guys are forgetting that he has had rough patches like this before. He has played in 3 competitive events this year. Come back if he looks like this after 10 events and I might answer this for you.

I can say that the Nike haters make me laugh for sure

Well said Taylor.

If Rory has a bad week...

The world may end.

Not really, Rory will be fine. Just not grooving his swing right now.

Do you think there is ever a chance he makes an equipment change again? Do you think his issue is his new equipment? His swing? The pressure? His main squeeze?..

Personally, I think it'd be a mistake to make any changes, and he probably realizes that. He'll play through it, whether his slump is 5 events or 15.

I blame Nike's inferior equipment. Again it just shows how great Tiger is winning with that junk. Actually, he would have 100 victories and 20 majors if he played with real clubs.

It's still very early in the year for him. The swing hasn't looked like last years to me. He just isn't comfortable yet and I don't blame the equipment but just his swing being out of sync- it'll get there

Anyone consider that he had an above average start to last year? Euros don't usually start well in the PGA season.

I blame Nike's inferior equipment. Again it just shows how great Tiger is winning with that junk. Actually, he would have 100 victories and 20 majors if he played with real clubs.

I'm hoping there was a TON of sarcasm in here...

If Rory has a bad week at the Honda, then he has a bad week at the Honda. Nothing more.

I am sure there was.. Woods would have only won a few using Jack and Arnies equipment..:eyepoke:

I do hate Nike. I always thought they were junk until I hit the VRS forged. I LOVED them. I hate that I loved them. However, I thought that comment would get Blu fired up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back