Matrix Flight System Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP had a chance to speak with Matrix in regards to their new flight system including the Red, Black and White Tie shafts.

http://bit.ly/WBPQS3

This is so awesome. I will have my first experience with Matrix and their black tie offering. I am hoping its good and may be looking to add more matrix to the bag in my fairways and hybrids as well.

I quite like my outing with the M3 Black Tie and need to hit it again real soon!

Been looking forward to this one. I like the simplification and the entire line is available as custom options through Cobra.

Amazing with the red, white and black now all together. Sounds like they'll be options for anyone in the line!!!

I am intrigued by the matrix red tie, can't wait to hear even more about it as it hits the market.

Red Tie sounds intresting I love my Black Tie But it can be to low launching for Play in the winter I get very little roll so a red tie might do the trick

I love my White Tie. I needed a higher launch shaft. In Cabo over 5 rounds on vacation I had a dozen plus drives I hit over 320 yards with my 10.5* 910D2.

I really am intrigued and am itching to hit the White and Red Tie shafts.

I'm really intrigued I love my Matrix Radix driver shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Informative interview! I can't do black but that white could be beastly in a low spin head. Nice that they now have a truly complete line to cover all launch profiles.

That was great to hear, couldn't really make out what was being said at the show.

Matrix makes a fantastic shaft. Having hit the White and Black, the Red makes me curious.

Very good interview. I would love to try out the White Tie.

Very nice interview. I have hit both the White and Black Tie and think they are both a smooth feeling shaft. I agree with the mid/low launch of the Black but have not seen the high results with the White. Seeing much more of a mid with that shaft.

Thanks guys. This is the type of info we love to bring from the show.

I like that they have a color coded system now to tell you which shaft is which. I think it makes it easier on the consumer. I have never games a matrix shaft long term and that might need to change this year.

I like that they have a color coded system now to tell you which shaft is which. I think it makes it easier on the consumer. I have never games a matrix shaft long term and that might need to change this year.
Agreed, especially for those, like me, that don't know too much about shafts, having a system and characteristics that are easy enough to decipher between them makes it much easier to try and find the right fit.

I really like the idea of the Black, Red, and White system. The Red really has me intruiged as I think that would be a great fairway metal shaft.

I wonder when this fitting module will be available on their website.

I thought this image from their home page did a great job of summarizing the system:
512ff8a26c35e.jpg

Very cool. I really do think its a very smart move by them. Options for everyone in the bell curve.

After comparing some drivers and some shafts the black tie has proven to be a very good option for me. Hitting one today in the RAZR xtreme I saw a much better ball flight for my game. Launch was about 3 degrees lower and the lower spin helped not only keep the ball more in play and straighter. I hit a lot more fairways today.

Its a solid shaft for sure Dean, not to mention the feel is really nice as well IMO.

Its a solid shaft for sure Dean, not to mention the feel is really nice as well IMO.

It sure was good for me today. Yesterday everything was very high launch and high spin. So this went out and shots were noticeably better. Even today with a driver set at 8.5 I was lower with this shaft in a 10.5 head.

Its one of the lowest launchers I've ever used, I love the fact that it doesn't feel like re-bar though. Good stuff sir!

Back