The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

I was missing him, congrats to the baby Grandaddy member.
Thanks Freddie. All those people who say going from 2 to 3 is the hardest weren't kidding, and on top of that I've been working on a huge project at work so I've been stretched pretty thin lately.

Getting back out with these clubs really was a much needed break. Complete with a grandaddy polo, hat, and hideaway belt, it's like I was back there, aside from the crappy muni course, lack of top notch service, and missing about 26 or so awesome people to share it with...

Needed a little motivation this morning so i started reading this thread again

Needed a little motivation this morning so i started reading this thread again

What's up buddy! I was having a margarita at my brothers birthday dinner last night, and all I could think about was how it wasn't from the Hideaway

Remember when I said copy and paste this somewhere. I know nobody listened, so I shall do it for you..haha
The ****ING GRANDADDY happened, and sometimes things get forgotten. :D

What am I most excited about?

Its the ****ing Grandaddy of em all thats what I am excited about. Look around the landscape of golf and see if something like this exists. I know THP has in some ways spoiled Albatross Club Members with forum testing, contests, events that are incredible and even meeting people behind the scenes at companies. With all of that, it still doesnt take the luster off of the ****ing Grandaddy.

I get excited about a lot of things on THP. I get excited about seeing my friends in the industry at multiple places. I get excited about seeing THPers and watching them play and talk about equipment. But nothing brings my level of excitement like this event does. Go out to any golf course in the world and ask these 5 questions.

Would you like to play golf for a few days at one of the finest facilities in the world?
Would you like to test all of the latest and greatest at the nicest facility in the world?
Would you like to be given a bag full of that equipment by one of the best companies in the world?
Would you like to fly across the country, be taken to great restaurants and stay in a wonderful hotel for this?
And would you like to do it with no cost at all?

**** YEAH I WOULD!

THink about those 5 things for a second. I love you guys to death, but if Callaway told me I had to go play this with 11 homeless dudes I picked up along the way I would say "Sure thing, be right there...Do you mind if they shower first?". When Harry and I first spoke on the phone about this event a number of years ago it was to "create the impossible". The perfect weekend for golfers. Yes Callaway creates brand ambassadors (they hope) out of this and THP gets to host a once in a lifetime event that goes on year after year. Jason Finley has taken the ball and run with it and taken it to new levels. He deserves a big thank you (I think he likes hugs as much as I do).

With all the ******** going on in the world. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all the doom and gloom reporting on golf. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all of the trolling and passive aggressiveness because there is no quiz to get on the internet. Bring on the Grandaddy.

Its the greatest event ever planned for golfers and I work my tail off each and every day to make sure THP is up to snuff to partner with Callaway to host the damn thing. So if you ask me what am I most excited about...

THE ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL is about to take place.

Its a week of a lifetime that I get to spend with people that love and care about the game as much as I do. Its a time when I dont have to be "on" and can be me around people that "get it". Its a dream come true to golfers and years ago when we came up with the idea for a Tour Van and THP Events, if you asked me to plan the perfect event...THIS WOULD BE IT!

Now Grandaddians do me a favor and copy and paste this post I just made somewhere. Now after the dust settles go back and read it and you tell me if it was anything you could have ever imagined. You tell me if it was perfection wrapped in a bow of special and then tucked under a tree made of ****ing greatness.

Its that god damn good!

Remember when I said copy and paste this somewhere. I know nobody listened, so I shall do it for you..haha

You can always tell when JB is excited. Lots of *s in the post!

Following along with this last year and reading the previous years threads, it's hard to believe the level of awesome. Thanks for bringing it JB, GG, Callaway and everyone that's gone before!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I can honestly say it took anything I was expecting and blew it so far out of the water. People think they know what to expect from following along (I sure did), but you have no clue. Perfection almost isn't a strong enough word. I wish I could do it all over again tomorrow, but whoever is lucky enough to get picked for the 2016 team is in for a real treat.

If anyone has anything they've forgotten we need to have a word. I take this event that serious. The impression it has left on my life is incredible.

The dust has settled. Was it anything I could have imagined? Hell that was surpassed the second I got to San Diego. And that tree you speak of? The one made of f'ing greatness? What was underneath it for me was new life. New love for the game. New passion for everything in my life.

That's the grandaddy folks. And I will kill to go back again

I truly do think of this event daily. I know I haven't been around much but in no way is that because I got equipment and now I don't care. Sometimes life happens and you go places that are not where you want to be and you have to work a little harder to get out but this isn't the thread to talk about all that.

This event and this team will always hold a special place in my heart. In no way could I have imagined what I experienced that week even to the point where it's hard for me to put into words. Because of THP and Callaway I had the best week of my life and I love that more get to experience it. Just like THP has gotten bigger and better this year I know The Effin Grandaddy will be sure to follow and I truly don't know how they are going to make it better but if there is one thing I know for sure its that I know Callaway and The Hideaway and THP will make it better.

Absolute Perfection

Last edited:
I truly do think of this event daily. I know I haven't been around much but in no way is that because I got equipment and now I don't care. Sometimes life happens and you go places that are where you want to be and you have to work a little harder to get out but this isn't the thread to talk about all that.

This event and this team will always hold a special place in my heart. In no way could I have imagined what I experienced that week even to the point where it's hard for me to put into words. Because of THP and Callaway I had the best week of my life and I love that more get to experience it. Just like THP has gotten bigger and better this year I know The Effin Grandaddy will be sure to follow and I truly don't know how they are going to make it better but if there is one thing I know for sure its that I know Callaway and The Hideaway and THP will make it better.

Absolute Perfection

Life details more important than golf details.
There is a difference between getting life straight, and taking ball and going home.
You know how we feel about you brother. Get everything together and THP will be here.

I truly do think of this event daily. I know I haven't been around much but in no way is that because I got equipment and now I don't care. Sometimes life happens and you go places that are where you want to be and you have to work a little harder to get out but this isn't the thread to talk about all that.

Absolute Perfection

You get right with you. That's the important part. Team Redemption wasn't just a group of golfers. Not to me at least. We are a brotherhood and part of a very lucky fraternity. We are all here for you

You get right with you. That's the important part. Team Redemption wasn't just a group of golfers. Not to me at least. We are a brotherhood and part of a very lucky fraternity. We are all here for you

This. It's hard to put in words for me but this right here is what #thegrandaddy is about.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

T you take care of life bro, we will always be here. The bond this team built will last and you know you can reach out to anyone at anytime.

Since all he did during this event was smile. I'll throw this out for Leishman.

d9f25478329f5c1ec94a72c27d683774.jpg

I still can't wipe the smile off my face when I think of this. It was the only reaction I could have. I experienced it and still can't believe it's real. This event man, I wish I had the words to do it justice to say what it means to me

3f39bbacd78dc1e0ee44e7968eb0571b.jpg

Boo ya! Love this shirt miss you all, getting back into the swing of things as well

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

e1c8d85f8bf446af9e60e0aff56bc7fb.jpg

I know this sounds crazy but I am sad that the weather has gotten warm here in NC because I no longer have many chances to wear the 1/4 zips and the jackets.

I wear my polos all the time, and use the awesome duffle when I go to the gym. Amazing stuff that always brings back great memories. We all got hooked up big time.

So what, you guys have awesome limited edition clothes..... I'll just be over here pouting because I don't have them.

Those polos and 1/4 zips are so nice.

The everyday Mr V attire, even to church on Good Friday

46009f7102359c1b3a28a60e17ba845e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sneaky

I listened. I have that printed out at my office. That and the post you did afterwards where you admitted you would rather go through it with us and not the homeless guys after all. :)

I know this sounds crazy but I am sad that the weather has gotten warm here in NC because I no longer have many chances to wear the 1/4 zips and the jackets.

I couldn't tell you how much I've worn mine so far. But, when it gets warm, we still have the sweet logo'd golf shirts!

That zip is my freaking favorite. I'm afraid I'm going to wear it out.

97b966a8d21cb1ad6ca8bcb66f379bd5.jpg

Straight Muggin' after a great round with a bag filled with awesomeness, all while repping the swaggerific apparel! The VLine was a lifesaver this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back