Tendonitis - Golfers Elbow

So after playing all year with an inside lower part of my elbow pain, and a self diagnosis of gilfers elbow, I did the full shift to graphite. I tend to take a big divot, I hit the simulator all off season long. Play and practice all week long. It's not much more than nuisance pain and hitting the heavy bag kind of flairs it up as well.
So long story short I'm not helping it with my routines or playing frquency.
Has anyone had good luck doing the range of motion exercises?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Once every morning with the stretches and forearm exercises should serve you well.
Pretty surprising how quickly those stretches gave me relief, almost immediate. I'm thinking at a minimum doing these before and after a round.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chin ups. 20 sets of however many you can do for 20 sets. Also, curls. Should be gone in a week to 10 days

Chin ups. 20 sets of however many you can do for 20 sets. Also, curls. Should be gone in a week to 10 days
Just went through a bout with this. No way I was able to do either of those. But after 6 weeks or so it is a lot better. This is my second bout with it, and did a similar treatment the last time. Did the exercises Sudseh gave, along with the following:

- Went to a Chiro that does ART, that did a technique that I think is called Graston Technique. Basically used a small flat blade the he pressed across spots on my forearm and elbow to break up scar tissue that had developed. Took four or five sessions about once a week.

- Iced my elbow after every workout, golf round, or range session.

- Did quite a bit of grip strengthening, including farmers walks with dumbells and kettlebells and pullup bar holds. The pullup bar holds are just hanging from the bar for 30-45 seconds. It's a good upper back stretch also by the way.

- Used a brace called a Band-It when working out or hitting balls.

- In process of switching to graphite iron shafts.

I have heard that a method called muscle flossing is effective. Never done it, but I used to train with a couple of guys that did it. The following article shows how to do that, and shows a similar technique to the Graston Technique.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tendonitis-cure

My only worry is with icing your elbow. It's been shown recently that compression and elevation work much better without icing.

My only worry is with icing your elbow. It's been shown recently that compression and elevation work much better without icing.

Yeah I hear ya on the icing thing. Seen some of the same research. If it happens again will probably give that a try and see if it helps.

I rarely get "tennis elbow" problems. However, I simply stop playing golf for two weeks until my elbow is cured.

Back