What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First group off this am as a twosome.
38/41 79 today - best round at my course! Three 3 putts, two birdies, two lost balls, one triple bogey.
12/14 FIR, 13/18 GIR, 34 putts.

And, when posting, I got the "this is a better score than usual - you sure?" message (well, not exactly that message, but close enough)!!
Very pleased with the round overall, and I am glad that there are strokes that I left on the course.

BTW, this is my second 79 in a row.

First group off this am as a twosome.
38/41 79 today - best round at my course! Three 3 putts, two birdies, two lost balls, one triple bogey.
12/14 FIR, 13/18 GIR, 34 putts.

And, when posting, I got the "this is a better score than usual - you sure?" message (well, not exactly that message, but close enough)!!
Very pleased with the round overall, and I am glad that there are strokes that I left on the course.

BTW, this is my second 79 in a row.
Single digits are heading your way. Doesn't shock me one bit. Good playing buddy

Great shooting dave

44/34-78...what a tale.

Forget the front...haha. One hop dunked one from the rough on a par 4 for eagle. Par the next par 5 and then landed one 1.5 feet from a HIO on a par three.

Was my first 2 under par for a full course nine and first ever hole out from approach. That par 3...oof so close to a trifecta of firsts.

Great time with KC720, I just nicked him at the end. He did bring up I was 2 under on the back all the way from the 17th green to after my faded drive on 18 into the rough. Then after I bladed the pitch over the green. But not after I chipped to 1 foot for par...good times my friend.

44/34-78...what a tale.

Forget the front...haha. One hop dunked one from the rough on a par 4 for eagle. Par the next par 5 and then landed one 1.5 feet from a HIO on a par three.

Was my first 2 under par for a full course nine and first ever hole out from approach. That par 3...oof so close to a trifecta of firsts.

Great time with KC720, I just nicked him at the end. He did bring up I was 2 under on the back all the way from the 17th green to after my faded drive on 18 into the rough. Then after I bladed the pitch over the green. But not after I chipped to 1 foot for par...good times my friend.
Was a good time and you definitely turned it on in the back 9.

I shot 40/39. A day where I got off the tee superbly but didn't do anything else well. Great time regardless :)

Edit

That dunk for eagle from 127 out in the rough with ball below your feet was awesome! When you hit it I thought "oh that's a good shot" then one bounce and I hear it hit the pin! I said that's gotta be in!!!

Played my home course today. Its a par 70. Shot 37 / 39 = 76. Hit my irons great but a little wild with the tee ball. Had 3 birdies but 2 double bogeys. 31 putts with 10 gir and 8 fwh.

Not to bad of a day.

Got off work early today and played Glen Ivy. 37/42 for a 79. Missed way too many greens on the back. Played the front 9 pretty well besides the double bogey on hole 3.

43/42- 85 with 39 putts, 9 GIRs. I now hate my putter. :banghead:

So yesterday I finally got to scratch the itch and play my first round of the year on my home course. Weather up till now has not allowed for any practice, but yesterday was in the 60's with a strong 15-20 MPH wind with gusts to 30, and I couldn't take it anymore I had to get out there. Par 72, scored a 94. I know that's not much of a score but if I could putt worth a dang it would've been a low to mid 80's score, so I was very happy. Been reading the Harvey Pennick books over the winter and I learned a lot and applied it to my game and it worked very well. No holes with a blowup...even when I sliced one into an adjacent fairway I didn't get mad and got out of there with a bogey. Another great thing for confidence....if it wasn't for a drainage grate in the fairway of a par 5 hole I would've played the entire round with one golf ball....as it was...I hit it with my 2nd shot and it bounced crazy to the left and into some tall grass and could never find it. In 18 holes, had four pars, 6 bogeys, and 9 doubles. For the first round of the year....I'll take it...I know I can get better, and I will.

Thanks... Plantar fascia is a pain in the ***!

On a positive note, I used the THP coin that Brad sent me as a marker and made 32 putts, a PB!
Plantar Fascitis...been there, done that, it sucks. Don't hesitate to check out orthotic inserts, they really made a difference for me and after 18 months, I didn't need to wear them anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Have I turned a corner? 40 for 9. One double, three bogeys, four pars and a birdie. 6/7 FIR and 13 putts.

Have I turned a corner? 40 for 9. One double, three bogeys, four pars and a birdie. 6/7 FIR and 13 putts.

Dude that is awesome!!! Congrats buddy!

Nice work Tom

Nice work! That's a solid score!

Deuce, you're a man after my own heart! Congrats!!

Nice 9 deuce! Bringing it down!

4 over for 9 holes today. Probably the best ball striking day I can remember but the putting wasn't too good on a couple of holes.

Played a tuff Par 3 (28) last night and shot a 37. Had some interesting recovery shots.

Down in Greenville SC for a wedding. Came down Wednesday and played 9 in the afternoon and 18 yesterday. Both days ugly (50+/9 holes) trying to knock off the winter rust. All rounds at The Preserve at Verdae (tough but nice track).

Focused on a one piece takeaway today and shot an 81 with 3 birdies, 4 doubles and 4 bogeys. Could have been lower as 2 of the 4 doubles burnt the edge and I also missed 2-3 birdies by an inch. Putting was darn good - the 3 birdies were from 15-20 feet.

This round really relieved my worries as I was feeling real lost with my swing until I made that adjustment. Makes me realize I need to make a list of things that I am "fixing" coming off the winter layoff as I think that will help in future years and also if the swing gets lost at other times.

Shot 78 at commonground. 5 3 putts otherwise a decent round. Still struggling with irons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back