Central IL, St Louis, Indianapolis Area Gathering

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this came to me, but it did.

The way it looks to me, Peoria IL, Springfield IL, Champaign/Normal IL is almost right in the middle of the Quad Cities, St Louis, and Indianapolis, give or take 45 minutes. Right around 2 hours driving time. How about a little THP gathering one of these Saturdays after the weather gets better?

Sunday May 5th

IN
Hawk
bhilln
cheffor
Illinimick
Playdough
BradMorris64
SharkHat
DonW
Zenger

Course: Metamora Fields

Tee times start at 9am.

Last edited:
I'd be down for that assuming it fit into my schedule of events.

• Staff
Are you usually available on weekends or do you need some advance notice, PD?

I'm down for that....a little #Grandaddy workout

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Hawk, Weekends are tough for me, I usually need at least 4 weeks advance as my schedule at work is set 2-3 weeks in advance. So the sooner the date is set, the better. Have to love retail hours...

Not sure how many others would be into it, but I would be cool with 36 in a day.

• Staff
Hawk, Weekends are tough for me, I usually need at least 4 weeks advance as my schedule at work is set 2-3 weeks in advance. So the sooner the date is set, the better. Have to love retail hours...

Not sure how many others would be into it, but I would be cool with 36 in a day.

Right on then. We can make that work. We'll get a date picked that gives you enough time!

I may be down for 36 as well. We need bhilln in here to give us some good course advice.

I'd be up for something.

I like a road trip plus I have a friend in StL I could visit on the way. If my schedule allows it I would love to come up and join you all :)

36 across two courses are always nice, especially if the two courses aren't far apart.

I like a road trip plus I have a friend in StL I could visit on the way. If my schedule allows it I would love to come up and join you all :)

Excellent.

36 across two courses are always nice, especially if the two courses aren't far apart.

That's a good idea. Honestly, the course I'd pick first is probably Weaver Ridge in Peoria and maybe Metamora Fields or Coyote Creek. Only problem there is that it's going to be a little farther for everybody except me. Probably only by about 30 minutes though. I just want to keep it within reason for everybody.

Its about a 6 hour drive for me, I will keep my eye on this thread

I played The Rail in Springfield, IL (it was in the early 90's back when they still had an LPGA event there) is that course still there? Is it still nice?

I'm in Decatur, of the cities you listed Peoria has the nicest tracks IMO. Decatur is garbage for golf, Champaign isn't bad. I'm def up for any weekend !

I played The Rail in Springfield, IL (it was in the early 90's back when they still had an LPGA event there) is that course still there? Is it still nice?

Still there it's pretty suspect these days.

Why did I think you were in Chicago, Zenger? Jeez, we are almost neighbors. What are your favorites in Champaign?

I think a friend had told me it went downhill, thats a darn shame, it was a very nice course (and afordable) back in 1991

Still there it's pretty suspect these days.

Excellent.

That's a good idea. Honestly, the course I'd pick first is probably Weaver Ridge in Peoria and maybe Metamora Fields or Coyote Creek. Only problem there is that it's going to be a little farther for everybody except me. Probably only by about 30 minutes though. I just want to keep it within reason for everybody.

As of last year I believe Metamora was in the nicest shape. Coyote Creek last year was border line unplayable because of the green speed, and Weaver ridge was having issues with dying grass from all the shade and lack of water on the back nine.

Only course I might suggest in Decatur is Red Tail Run, it's super long from the back tees but it's condition is hit or miss.

Why did I think you were in Chicago, Zenger? Jeez, we are almost neighbors. What are your favorites in Champaign?

I was in Chicago for a time, and I do some work there from time to time when I stay with friends in the area.

Stone Creek-Jack Nicklaus track, and the U of I Orange track is nice.

Right on man. Appreciate the info. I'm thinking June might be the best bet since we have the outing in May, the Morgan Cup and Chicago Invitational in July, and it might still be 20° in April the way it's going at the moment.

Right on man. Appreciate the info. I'm thinking June might be the best bet since we have the outing in May, the Morgan Cup and Chicago Invitational in July, and it might still be 20° in April the way it's going at the moment.

I'll stay up to date on this thread!

I'd be up for something; would recommend weaverridge but coyotes creek and Metamora fields are good as well.

If in Peoria I can help set things up for us and will know the local conditions when it gets closer.

Back