What Would you Pay for a Hole in One?

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen a few threads pop up that ask what you'd be willing to pay to play certain courses, which made me think... if you could pay a certain dollar amount that guarantees the hole in one experience at some point over the next season, what would it be? Call it a genie or a witch, I don't care haha

Obviously this thread most applies to those who have never made one, but I'd be curious to know what a follow up would be worth as well.

I wouldn't pay for one. I want one, but if it never comes, that's the way it is.

$0. Unless it's earned it's worthless.

I would not pay for a guarantee of one ... I would pay, and have paid a lot for the lessons that teach me how to strike the ball better and toward the intended target. :)

As much as I would like to get one I'm not worried if I never do. Golf is a great game and making or not making a hole in one won't affect how much I enjoy the game and I know I need a good "bounce" and probably some luck to get one and I'm ok with that

Whatever a round of drinks for 60+ people costs......

......again. :banana:

Not sure there should be a monetary value associated with hitting a hole-in-one .... but I have had 6 holes in one in my 40+ years of playing golf and I can remember every one to this day. So the memories stick with you, so it may be worth a few bucks to some people to experience that at least once in their lifetime. But then you have to turn around and pay more money for drinks to the group you are playing with! HA! Incidentally, I never understood that "rule"

Whatever a round of drinks for 60+ people costs......

......again. :banana:

I plan to take that strategy if I ever get one.

1 - What's the beer special of the day?
2 - I'll take 200 of them.

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.

I guess earned is a debatable word choice. But if it's guaranteed, then it's not worth anything to me. If I ever get one I'd be the first to say at least some luck was involved, even if you hit the shot perfectly. so I'm not saying it's 100% skill. Just for me, if it were a guarantee it wouldn't be worth anything.

Can I have a Rum instead?

LOL, yep! Open bar would've gotten stupid expensive.....especially when I couldn't celebrate winning the MC.

Not sure there should be a monetary value associated with hitting a hole-in-one .... but I have had 6 holes in one in my 40+ years of playing golf and I can remember every one to this day. So the memories stick with you, so it may be worth a few bucks to some people to experience that at least once in their lifetime. But then you have to turn around and pay more money for drinks to the group you are playing with! HA! Incidentally, I never understood that "rule"

haha, it costs a decent amount of money to be the envy of the group.

Priceless.

Never. I want one, but couldn't pay for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.

I don't think I want to "earn" one, but I don't want to pay for one. The surprise/luck with a hole in one is part of what makes it exciting.

Some things can't be bought. I've been fortunate to have 2 aces or perhaps unlucky that I've holed out 30+ times from beyond 150 yards but never on a par 3(both my aces wre from 123 yards). To answer your question, I'd pay the genie $2,000 for one in 2016.

I am not sure if I would pay anything. Mainly because if it was guaranteed by previously mentioned witch or genie, it's all I would think about every round during the year.

I want it to be expected but unexpected.

I honestly don't know that I would pay for one. If I never make one, my enjoyment of golf wouldn't be lessened.

One dollar, Bob.

Seriously though, I'm of the mind that if it happens, it happens, if it never does then I'm OK with it too. So nada for me.

Depends on the stage for me. Casual round with family or friends? 0$. Its not that important to me. But to have it happen at a THP event like it did for #Cookie? now were talkn

Back