Distance gaps between clubs (Taylormade burner 2.0)

EsoxL

Reaction score
Handicap
For the first time I have really tried to find out carry distances with each club with the help of a launch monitor. My irons are Taylormade burner 2.0 stiff (which means a full club extra due to stronger loft and longer shafts), except for shorter irons. At least it feels like that. I have strange gaps between some clubs, anybody else who experiences that or do you have more or less exactly the same gap between all clubs?

SW 95 (yards)
PW 122
9I 133
8I 155
7I 177

6I 189
5I 200

Would be interesting to hear if others have the same problem?

I don't have anywhere that large of a gap between clubs with my Burner 2.0, pretty consistently 10-12 yard gap on each.

Thats quite the jump you are getting there. Are these numbers from hitting off grass or off a mat? When you play do you think the gapping remains constant at the 22yd difference between those clubs?

If it happens on course, it would be really interesting to find out what might be causing it.

I average 3.6 yards per 1* of loft from club to club. For me it gets closer to 4 yards starting at the 5 iron to driver since I swing a bit flatter and spin comes down.

I don't have anywhere that large of a gap between clubs with my Burner 2.0, pretty consistently 10-12 yard gap on each.

Thats quite the jump you are getting there. Are these numbers from hitting off grass or off a mat? When you play do you think the gapping remains constant at the 22yd difference between those clubs?

If it happens on course, it would be really interesting to find out what might be causing it.

Its from a mat, have to investigate if its the same from grass. Just have to wait a couple of months (Sweden = cold and snow). Bought the set this winter.

I have tried this several times on different monitors as well with exactly the same result.

Back