Nead Putter Thread

Thanks for the kind words! It was fantastic meeting you all! Thank you so much for the support!

Sincerely,
Chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that metal and finish? That's is beautiful!

Incredible looking putters for sure.

These are some of the most beautiful putters I have seen.........E.V.E.R.!

JM

These are just drop dead gorgeous putters. Absolutely stunning.

The best looking putter I have ever seen. Held it in hand at the show and said to Morgan as we walked away, that will be mine eventually. She turned back to me and said "Good lord". Honest to God truth is that Gene offered me any putter he had. I told him that was an amazing offer based on how I feel about his work, but would rather get one to use as a contest. He and Chip (both awesome people) loved the idea and said "Lets do 2".

There you have it. We will be doing 2 in the next few weeks.

and the 2 up for the contest are pretty special.

If i were to have him build me a custom putter, it would be the 'napa-ish' shape of the top black oxide putter, with the milling art and insert of the second picture... wow... a man can dream EDIT maybe for the finish a black oxide version of the tiger stripe?...

jy9ese5u.jpg

NAS10F.jpg

That is a beauty, rallo!

The mallet on the website that's listed as "sold" is awesome. Really unique and I love how you can tell everything about it is handmade and made with a lot of care.

The man is a true artist in a medium where others tend to be manufacturers

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

What is that metal and finish? That's is beautiful!
The metal is the finish, it is mokume gane which on this putter is copper, nickel and brass
forged together and then twisted one revolution then machined into a block and then a putter
it requires no finish or maintenance, the material is made like Damascus and proprietary to Nead
Custom putters. It is used mostly in very high end knives. I built one putter from this material in 2009
and have basically been working on getting the material made with a twist since then.
Each putter is like a finger print in that no two will ever be the same because the material is all made by hand.

The metal is the finish, it is mokume gane which on this putter is copper, nickel and brass
forged together and then twisted one revolution then machined into a block and then a putter
it requires no finish or maintenance, the material is made like Damascus and proprietary to Nead
Custom putters. It is used mostly in very high end knives. I built one putter from this material in 2009
and have basically been working on getting the material made with a twist since then.
Each putter is like a finger print in that no two will ever be the same because the material is all made by hand.

That is so cool! Do you know if there are plans to release a two-sided putter?

The price point is out of my realm but they are definitely special.

They are absolutely stunning! This is the first time I had seen it.

I can only imagine what it'd be like to game one of these ... problem is, even if I were fortunate enough to have one in my possession, I still wouldn't know what it felt like to game one of these. I couldn't bring myself to use it!

Wow...each new putter I see is prettier than the last. Just gorgeous stuff.

That is so cool! Do you know if there are plans to release a two-sided putter?

Not in the mokume, I have some really cool bullseye style putters in the works from copper but not mokume

I can only imagine what it'd be like to game one of these ... problem is, even if I were fortunate enough to have one in my possession, I still wouldn't know what it felt like to game one of these. I couldn't bring myself to use it!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Though in my case it would be from the knowledge that if my wife knew I owned one she would claim it. This won't stop me from owning one, I will just have to be careful. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A few pics of the only one I have.....for now. :)

Just beautiful craftsman ship. Amazing how some of them are completely by hand.

These putters are true gems and can't wait to own one. My putter collection definitely needs an upgrade...so why not start w/ a Nead???

The LH one is gorgeous! Maybe one day I will be able to afford one

Back